Movie question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Pasta88, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to add subtitles to movies using convertxtodvd and then using ashampoo to burn the movie to dvd? IF so, can you plz tell me step by step on how you do it?

thx

2. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    as long as the you have the subtitle file you just have to add it to the project.

3. tomah

tomah MDL Senior Member

Sep 25, 2010
    #5 tomah, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    Have you used convertxtodvd before?

Check settings -> burning tab and you have 2 options. If you leave the "Burn to DVD" checkbox selected, then select to "burn" an ISO file rather than your DVD burner (since you want to use ashampoo to burn). If you leave the checkbox empty, then the files will be saved in a VIDEO_TS folder within your working folder (as selected using settings -> general). After you set everything up (subtitles, etc.) and hit "convert", you will then have either the VIDEO_TS folder or an ISO file.

Now use ashampoo and burn the file or folder by selecting either to burn an ISO file or a DVD movie. Unfortunately, I've never used ashampoo before so I have no idea about the exact steps.

Of course, the other thing you can try would be to select the "Burn to DVD" checkbox and select your DVD burner and just have the DVD burned via convertxtodvd.

Once again, good luck.