MS Office 2010 TP

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by apex2000, Aug 21, 2009.

1. apex2000

apex2000 MDL Senior Member

May 6, 2007
    I realise that the MS Office 2010 Technical Preview release will expire on 31/10/2009, and that there is a method available in various places to re-arm the thing for another 30 days when the 'This copy of Microsoft Office is not activated' warning pops up.

What I would like to know, and have not seen anywhere, is if MS are planning to release (leak?) another version of Office 2010 before the expiry date mentioned above?

I have used 2010 since it was first available and have not experienced any problems at all. It would be nice if there were another version in the pipeline, or a method of continuing to use this version after the expiry date.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Office 2010 Technical Preview, is just an alpha build released for showing of what it'll look like. It's not made for a permanent using.
    Anyway, because Office is tagged 2010 means that there will be betas released before it's official launch. Those betas will probably come out before next spring.
    Now microsoft is more concerned about Seven, so I wouldn't expect any beta before the launch of Seven.

3. leadboots5

leadboots5 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    You do realize there are multiple teams of developers for different projects?

4. apex2000

apex2000 MDL Senior Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for the reply. I had assumed that before the expiration of the technical preview, a beta might have been available. If not, then I'll have to go back to Office 2007.

I would have thought that as Win 7 and Office 2010 are produced by different teams, then the beta release of Office 2010 would not be that much related to the release of Win 7 (which is now RTM anyway).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    I wasn't speaking about development but about marketing. Microsoft is focused now on the selling of Seven and Server 2008 R2. After that they'll speak more about office.