MSI-AMI bios mod requests, post here.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by ancestor(v), Jun 17, 2009.

1. Braese

Braese MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Your Bios has already 2.0 SLIC in it, i allowed modifying, perhaps it doesnt work with this method.

2. jughead1111

jughead1111 MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Hi everyone I modified my bios today. I had tried numerous times with help from this wonderful community and just wanted to share what I did to get my MSI 945GCM5 V2 working. Previously it would hang on the second the flags twirl around and my hard drive would stop working. What I did this time was I tracked down the MSI slic 2.1, the MSI slp file, and the MSI cert and instead of going with ssv2 I tried ssv3 and low and behold it worked I now have a slic 2.1 enabled machine thanx for all the help and effort for I couldn't have done it without you peace Jughead

3. Wright

Wright MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2008
    Thank you! I will test it as soon as possible (I hope tomorrow) and report it back here ...

4. Pashaaa

Pashaaa MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I flashed but win 7 not activetied

5. jughead1111

jughead1111 MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    No they havent blocked anything yet this is an offline activation and I reformatted today and let it do all updates and then activated it worked like a charm you must have installed a slic2.0 because they do vista and not 7 with 7 you need slic2.1

and if it is 2.1 then you are inputting the wrong key check it again

6. Wright

Wright MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2008
    Ok, I will try it with the serial again - but as far as I see Braese used a MSI 2.1-SLIC.
    I checked with RW v1.3 via ACPI-Table->SLIC and it shows obviously a "20 01 00 02 00" at the expected place.
    So what can be the problem?

... In the meantime I reinstalled W7 with the only difference that I prevent the internet connection until I injected the cert & key - now W7 seems to stay activated.
    Is it possible that MS will blacklist this oem slp key in future?

Anyway, this bios mod must be ok than, it can be added to the database!

Thanks again!

7. strutter

strutter MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    I've had none of those issues. But that has to be annoying has heck. And I cannot figure out how to install the slic w/o a usb zip drive because my floppy took a crap. Gonna see if I can get the other floppy to work will report back.