Msi bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by spiderman_pink, Feb 19, 2010.

1. spiderman_pink

spiderman_pink MDL Member

Jul 1, 2009
    :worthy:

i'm not sure if i'm missing something, but i can't seem to find much info regarding msi bioses here? if i'm not mistaken, there was a sticky for msi bios requests right?

anyway, here's my situation. i've modded quite a number of bioses before, even did the manual way. so far no problem with slic, but this one problem that i have seems to bug me. if i were to mod a msi bios, award and ami, i can use a msi slic. but not msi slp for xp. in particular MSI-PC. using a Hewlett-Packard slp however, works.

is this a known issue? no biggie, but i sure would like to know. so far i've encountered this on 2 occasions. i've tried almost all the different methods; isa, 0+2, etc. only method which i've not tried is the manual way, which i'm not sure how to for slp. i do know msi has problems using the hp dmi tattoo method.

also if i may ask, how do you insert several slp(s)? using the award and ami tool, you can only insert 1 right?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You should review the valid addresses for the SLP strings. The tools put the strings in the E0000h to E1000h range..this is not valid for the MSI slp..only a few are valid.

You will not be able to introduce the slp into an AMI bios, you can in some Award, if the address is either FFh or has a text string you can over-write.

If you know how to figure the offset for the correct address in the mainbios of the award bios, it is not difficult..I do not know many that do however..there is a SSv3 tutorial for Award bios that may be helpful..maybe the 0+2=0+2 tutorial also..

In short, it is not the bios, it is the necessary location for the SLp string..very tight...about 10h or so...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...