1. edgary90

edgary90 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2015
    I got the error while removing Packages for Windows 11 22000.318 with ToolKitHelper Method:
    RemovePkgsList.txt contents:

2. #21822 Deleted member 1385001, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2021
    Was Playing Arround Removing Scheduled tasks from Win10 LTSB2016 offline Image & Got Success After Full day Job :eek::

Every Scheduled Task Can be Removed Except These Three :

HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{12514C9A-1DE5-40CE-B66C-D6838DA9A169

HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\CloudExperienceHost

HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\CloudExperienceHost\CreateObjectTask

Rest All Can be Removed but For Explorer to Work User Must Use Full Autounattend Image Install or else Explorer wont Load after full install using Scheduled Tasks Removal tweak.

Edit:
    Tweaked All WMI - Autologgers & Event Logs too on Offline Image . Worked Flawlessly at my side.

Found Shell Taskcache-Tree & its dependencies Tasks-GUID for Explorer to Work Flawlessly without Autounattend Image Deploy.

3. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes, I went to solve the problem that you had reported with Windows 7, and ended up generating problem in Windows 11. But it has already been reported and arranged new fix. This time, in order to settle for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11.

4. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    Try to remove ManualSetup from list.
    Someone has reported but I do not know if it was for the Build 22000.
    It's just a suggestion.

5. edgary90

edgary90 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2015
    removing InternetExplorer package for Windows 11 22000.318 with DISM Method causes crash on Windows 11 start.

6. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    But his list is Toolkithelper.

But if it occurs problem in your removal through the DISM list, in Windows 11, then it is a valid suggestion.
    Note: Internet Explorer is disabled by default, Windows 11. Disabled, does not mean removed.

7. Removing IE 11 from win11 ie :
    First disable IE 11 optional fearure then remove its capability is the correct removal way if iIE 11 base component package is removed from any OS will result in crashed OS even crashed OOBE [ Unidentified Error ] + OOBEKeyboardfilter error too.

8. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    You've tested this for a very short time :p

you can remove everything except these to be able to finish the windows setup (OOBE stage) but in the long run other problems will appear.

For example, removing these:

\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\SvcRestartTask
    \Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\SvcRestartTaskLogon

May cause problems with Windows activation renewal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. You are the Boss & i am just a User :p

10. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21830 inTerActionVRI, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-793#post-1606110

Sent an 2021-12-12 New Custom Toolkit updated file attached in the link above and in my signature.

*Merged with 2021-11-26 11.10 and 2021-12-03 12.0 Toolkit.cmd.

1. Fixed Display Host OS info for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 11. Thnks to the error in displaying Windows 7 Host OS, reported by the @正义羊 member.

2. For InboxApps:
    Fixed problem in detecting the .xml files
    Fixed merge problem from the previous version (CustomToolkit only) in which, the variables for the .xml files for some InboxApps components was with TYPO and the path to the AppLicence folder was not achieved.

3. Fixed a problem in the fully automated CustomToolkit process, in which, when performing the removal of components via ToolkitHelper List, it would end up returning to Remove Components Menu instead of following to Customize Menu and Apply Menu processes to complete and saving the ISO.

4. Inserted a Packs folder with individual scripts for auto download of *.msu files and auto extract *.cab needed files.
    Just extract and replace if necessary inside the toolkit folder, nothing important will be replaced, only the txt with the links, as some were empty.

5. Shortened CustomToolkit paths, as the purpose of reducing long path problems.
    from
    %SystemDRIVE%\Toolkit
    to
    %SystemDRIVE%\TK

from
    %SystemDRIVE%\Toolkit\Mount
    to
    %SystemDRIVE%\TK\MNT

from
    %Mount%\Install
    to
    %Mount%\I

from
    %SystemDRIVE%\Toolkit\Temp
    to
    %SystemDRIVE%\TK\TMP

With this change, the mount point that was long:
    C:\Toolkit\Mount\Install\*
    Now it was shortened to:
    C:\TK\MNT\I\*
    The asterisk is the number of mounted index.

*Merged with 2021-11-11 11.9 Toolkit.cmd.
    Added the option to integrate SysInternals Suite. Every time you do integration will automatically download the latest version. The download process is performed through the BITS, datetime stamp will be maintained according to what is present in the file on the remote server. SysInternasl Suite is updated by MS, quizenally, and sometimes weekly.

Just Minor Fixes related with Display Host OS info.

*Merged with 2021-10-22 and 2021-10-24 11.8 Toolkit.cmd.
    Just Minor Typo Fixes.

*Merged with 2021-10-04, 2021-10-08, 2021-10-14 and 2021-10-16 11.8 Toolkit.cmd.

1. Minor Fix caused by the implementation of the fully automated process that could give a conflict when using the Source menu.
    2. Removed the integration of InboxApps from the fully automated process. Thus, more generically, I think it is best for the production of a fully functional image.
    3. Added fixed "Bin\ConvertReg.ps1", "ToolkitREGsConverter.bat" and "ToolkitREGsDoubleConverter.bat" files.

4. VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip (2021-10-26 updated and merged with @abbodi1406 "uup-converter-wmlib-74b")

Fixed missing parentesis "(" breaking the script.

*Merged with 2021-10-03 Toolkit.cmd.

*Fixed ManualSetup by MSMG suggestion;
    *:SaveSource session - WinRE minor fix
    *The names of the custom ISOs were getting the name of UUP Dump ISO. In this case, then the Auto Name was directed to the custom ISOs. It is a function that was already available at the Custom Toolkit at the ":Makeiso" session.
    *Automated Removal Components process changed from "PreSet Custom Selection" to "ToolkitHelper List".
    Note: In this method the dependency filter will be applied. So, according to Build, there will be differences.

Merged made with the Official Toolkit 11.8 from 2021-09-19 to 2021-09-29.

1. Since my code writing method with the idea of reducing lines was making complicated the merge tasks. As the code was drowned in complications, difficult to readability for other devs. I decided to twist my code, in the sense of wiping. Expanded parts of the code that were in just one line for multiple lines in order to improve the reading of it. Mainly in the "for (loop) command thanks to a tip learned in the @abbodi1406 scripts.
    And, of course learning every day with @MSMG. In addition to the solutions brought in the Toolkit script, he always answers some people asks that brings new doubts and new learning.

2. In Inbox Apps:
    2.1. A detail was modified to indicate what is not present in the packs, before continuing with inboxapps integration.
    2.2. Fixed - A problem created by custom toolkit modifications by implementing the multi-selection system of inboxapps that repeated the final optimization that should be once for each index, but was repeating by the amount of apps selected times the quantity of indexes. As much as the whole process was automatic, this caused a very accentuated delay.

3. Added - Condition for integration of Sun Valley Icons Skin Pack only for Builds below 21348.

4. Some minor code upgrade on Tweaks and...
    4.1. Added - Simple Bypass Hardware Requisites Checking for InPlace Upgrade.

5. WMP Skin for x64 now apply in WMP Program Files(x86) folder too.

6. Adicionada uma opção de Custom PreSet para "Windows 7 Components Experience Edition" baseada na lista de componentes a serem mantido que o MSMG disponibilizou.

7. Fixed Edge Chromium Integration for w81.

OBS: Supplementary information for Devs: After the implementation of Windows 11 support I found some bugs related to the use of subsequent conditions of "not equal" associated with the use of "else" in the same block (NEQ NEQ ELSE). It does not work.
    Ex: The use (neq w10 neq w11) so that a block block could work for both W7 and W81 and an "else" for when w10 or w11, but this does not work:

In this case, what comes in the else block is completely ignored not being executed. I suppose a conflict occurs.
    Code:
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w10" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w11" (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w7 or w81...
           ) else (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w10 or w11...
           )

To correct this, the possible way is just as below.
    Code:
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w10" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w11" (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w7 or w81...
           )
           if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w7" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w81" (
               echo.Performing Tasks for w10 or w11...
           )

Guys, I left something at Custom Toolkit, which is to facilitate my tests, but it may be interesting to you too.

Basically it is:
    In the main menu, press the letter "P" and watch the process.
    This will lead you to the selection of an ISO that will be extracted then beginning the atomatized process.
    Have your packs updated and with the folder structure updated for Toolkit 11.8 (recently changes made by MSMG).
    The custom registry folder also has to be duplicated w10 and w11 folders. I put a bypass for that. Instead of having 2 equal folders, leave only one with the name w10_w11. For Inbox Apps it is also possible but probably the licenses should have their folders separated for W81, W10 and W11. @MSMG, joining the folders will release plenty of space in mega.nz. Files hashsum are equal, for both w10 and w11.
    If you notice any error or jump integration, in the process execution, it is due to some missing pack.

If you do not want to integrate something, just change the folder name so that the script can not find the pack. Example: If you do not want to integrate Games change the name of the folder from: ".\Packs\Games" to: ".\Packs\Games_".

Automation goes up to, Virtual Create Image Index Editions and ISO finalization.
    Download "VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip" that is in my signature to the folder where the "toolkit.cmd" file is.
    Below is the list of packs that will be integrated:
    Removes Components by Preset Custom Selection.

So that you can take the test.
    Download "virtualcreate_imageindexeditions.zip" that is in my signature to the folder where the "toolkit.cmd" file is.
    Below the list of packs that will be integrated, the Tweaks that will be applied and the components that will be removed by the Preset Custom Selection.

So that you can take the test.

Code:
    :: Auto Integrate Menu
       IntWin32Calc
       IntNetFX48 17763
       IntNET6 above 17763
       IntOpenSSH
       IntPowerShell7

IntGames
           CariocaRummy
           HoldEm
           Sudoku
           Tinker
           ChessTitans
           FreeCell
           Hearts
           Inkball
           MahjongTitans
           Minesweeper
           Pinball
           PurblePlace
           Solitaire
           SpiderSolitaire

IntDaRT

IntCustomFeatures
           IntCustomFiles
           IntWMPMetroSkin
           IntWPVMetroSkin
           IntWin32CalcMetroSkin
           IntWIconsSkin

At this point the removal of the components will be by ToolkitHelper list. Leave your favorite list.
    In this method the dependency filter will be applied. So, according to Build, there will be differences.
    Code:
    :: Auto Remove Menu
    set "RemovalMethod=ToolkitHelper"
    call :RemoveWindowsComponentsList

rem call :CustomPreSets_RemoveWindowsComponents
       rem call :AccessibilityCustomSelection
       rem call :ConservativeGenericEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :LooksLikeLTSCEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :GamerEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :LiteEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :XtremeLiteEditionCustomSelection
       rem call :W7ExperienceEditionCustomSelection

Here is my Personal PreSets
    rem call :PersonalPreSets_RemoveWindowsComponents
       rem call :PersonalFamilyCustomSelection
       rem call :PersonalWorkCustomSelection
           rem call :ListsandPreSets_Filter
           rem call :StartRemovingWindowsComponents

:: Auto Customize Menu
    RemoveInboxAppsAssociation
    ImportInboxAppsAssociation
    ImportStartMenuLayout

ImportCustomRegistry

"w8"
       CustomDisableAutomaticallyInstallationforPreSuggested3RDPartyApps
       DisableWindowsSmartScreen
       CustomWindowsDefender_WindowsDefenderSecurityCenterTweaks
       EnableCustomWindowsDriversUpdateTweaks
       CustomDisableWindowsUpdateTweaks
       DisableWindowsUpgrade
       ForceLatestNetFramework
       EnablePhotoViewer
       EnableFMP3ProCodec
       BlockAutoEdgeChromiumBasedDelivery

"w10_w11"
       HiberbootEnabled
       EnableDarkThemeandTransparency
       ControlPanelnConfigsandSettingsforFastestWindows
       WindowsExplorer_PreferencesandPolicies
       HideMeetNowIcon
       HideNewsAndInterests
       SetQoSlimittozero_internetWithNoLimits
       BugFix_WiFinoInternetConnection
       SetLanmanWorkstationandDownloads_OptimizationConfigs
       CustomDisableAutomaticallyInstallationforPreSuggested3RDPartyApps
       SetCloudContentfor3RDPartyAppsandDataCollection_Policies
       SetWindowsSearchandCortana_PreferencesandPolicies
       DisableSIA_DebugTracing
       CustomWindowsErrorReporting_Policies
       DisableWindowsSmartScreen
       CustomWindowsDefender_WindowsDefenderSecurityCenterTweaks
       EnableCustomWindowsDriversUpdateTweaks
       CustomDisableWindowsUpdateTweaks
       DisableWindowsUpgrade
       DisableReservedStorage
       ForceLatestNetFramework
       EnablePhotoViewer
       EnableFMP3ProCodec
       EnableFullResetBase
       GeneralTweaks
    "w10"
       BlockAutoEdgeChromiumBasedDelivery
    "w11"
       BypassReq
       HideChatIcon
       HideWidgetsIcon
       TaskbarAlignment_Center2Left
       UnBlockAutoEdgeChromiumBasedDelivery

:: Auto Apply Menu
    Cleaning up Image folder
    Trim unwanted Editions

VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions
    Edition to be Virtualy Created if supported.
       ProfessionalWorkstation
       ProfessionalWorkstationN
       ProfessionalEducationN
       ProfessionalEducation
       Enterprise
       EnterpriseN
       ServerRdsh
       EducationN
       Education
       IoTEnterprise
       CloudEdition
       CloudEditionN
       CoreSingleLanguage

Any issues, let me know.

9. VirtualCreate_ImageIndexEditions.zip (2021-09-20 updated with @abbodi1406 "uup-converter-wimlib-72u")

Thnks!

11. Jingzin

Jingzin MDL Senior Member

Nov 10, 2021
    Hi, does MSMG toolkit work against Insider preview ?
    was trying to clean win11 518 iso but no option to remove packages inside toolkit ?

12. mtfclphtknlrkn

mtfclphtknlrkn MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2021
    Code:
    EdgeChromium
    ; InternetExplorer
    FirstLogonAnimation
    GameExplorer
    ; SnippingTool
    SpeechRecognition
    ; WindowsMediaPlayer
    ; WindowsPhotoViewer
    ; WinSAT
    AssignedAccess
    CEIP
    FaceRecognition
    KernelDebugging
    LocationService
    PicturePassword
    PinEnrollment
    UnifiedTelemetryClient
    ; WiFiNetworkManager
    WindowsErrorReporting
    WindowsInsiderHub
    HomeGroup
    MultiPointConnector
    RemoteAssistance
    DeviceLockdown
    EaseOfAccessThemes
    EasyTransfer
    FileHistory
    ManualSetup
    ; Paint
    SecurityCenter
    StepsRecorder
    ; SystemRestore
    ; WindowsBackup
    ; WindowsFirewall
    WindowsSubsystemForLinux
    WindowsToGo
    ; Wordpad
    AADBrokerPlugin
    AccountsControl
    AssignedAccessLockApp
    AsyncTextService
    BioEnrollment
    CapturePicker
    CallingShellApp
    CBSPreview
    ContentDeliveryManager
    CredDialogHost
    ECApp
    EdgeDevToolsClient
    Edge
    FileExplorer
    LockApp
    MapControl
    NarratorQuickStart
    OOBENetworkCaptivePortal
    OOBENetworkConnectionFlow
    ParentalControls
    PeopleExperienceHost
    QuickAssist
    RetailDemoContent
    SettingSync
    SkypeORTC
    SmartScreen
    ; Win32WebViewHost
    WindowsDefender
    WindowsMixedReality
    WindowsReaderPDF
    ; WindowsStoreClient
    XboxClient
    XboxGameCallableUI
    XGpuEjectDialog
    The touch keyboard does not work (Right-click > Taskbar > Show touch keyboard button) on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 x86 bit. No such problem on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 x64 bit.

p.s
    The essence of the problem: The keypad does not appear when a button is pressed.

13. Jingzin

Nov 10, 2021
    @inTerActionVRI

hi
    when i try to choose iso option 3 there are two options available U or C as far as i Remember, even placed one iso in ISO folder of MSMG tool and choosed option c your toolkit does nothing. the same goes for option U with iso placed in ISOsource in TK folder. the only way i was able to mount image was to unzip iso to TK folder where i created InstallMedia folder.

14. plasmah77

plasmah77 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2016
    #21834 plasmah77, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Hi all I need some help. I'm using the latest version of MSMG Toolkit v12 and on Windows 11 22000.318 and I'm getting an error at he same place all the time. I took a screenshot of the error/exception and will post it below. The error seems to come in on the same Component : ClientWebExperience. Once it hits that Component it throws that error screen. When I X out the error windows things seem to continue OK. But is this error messing my removals up? Thanks for the help

In case it's not clear it happens during component removal.

Attached Files:

15. Jingzin

Nov 10, 2021

Had the same issue or not issue, when i used tweaked msmg toollkit by inTerActionVRI it didnt happen with normal MSMG Toolkit

16. itoiea

itoiea MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2021
  17. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21837 inTerActionVRI, Dec 13, 2021
    Maybe I was not clear, in my explanations.

1 Extract the Official Toolkit anywhere. No, in C:\TK. This is just a work space, it acts as a temporary folder.
    When using Custom Toolkit you do not have to worry about shortening the official toolkit, but if you plan to use both, I suggest you put the toolkit folder in a shortened folder like:
    C:\MSMG

It can be within downloads or anywhere else. Your ISO and ISOsource folder will be there.

2. Extract the Custom Toolkit package inside the Toolkit folder that is inside your Downloads folder or C:\MSMG.

When you run the GenericStart_Launchermenu and select the Custom Toolkit, it will create the work structure with the shortened paths, you do not need to create folders manually, or do nothing but the main steps I numbered like 1 and 2.

NOTE: The initial purpose of the custom toolkit in creating this workspace in the %SystemDRIVE% (usually C:\) was to be able to put the massive tool folder of the official toolkit on any external hd of greater capacity and be able to work with the performance of the SSD, since all use it to give performance to the system. And, supposedly is the "C:\". If it is any different unit, Custom Toolkit will detect through the %SystemDRIVE% environment variable.

18. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    Keep the toolkit folder in the smallest possible path:
    C:\MSMG

And, you need to start using the Toolkit with Start.cmd.

19. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #21839 inTerActionVRI, Dec 13, 2021
    Sometimes I suggest that you download the ISO in UUPdump again. I had my ISO 22000 created with UUP-Converter 75F (before December 10), in the UUP-Converter 75U this was corrected.

Download again: means going there at UUPdump and download the zip package again so it can come with the updated convert-uup then download all files and create the ISO correctly. You should avoid using the zip package already downloaded to recreate ISO.

ToolkitHelper currently supports up to Build 22000.318. Do not even ask about later versions while @MSMG does not offer official support.

EDIT:
    If I'm remembering properly, he placed in the Changelog of V12.0 support improvement only for 19044.1387. In the other Builds, I believe that the support announced in the Changelog of V11.9 remains.

20. plasmah77

plasmah77 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2016
    OK thanks very much. I will try that. BTW I was using the regular version of MSMG not the tweaked one. I shall try your tweaked version for sure.