1. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    It was supposed to be - relatively - simple script - certainly the author of the topic thought so.
    NOW - this is one of the most complicated - TOPICS - on this forum.
    Anyone else interested in this topic? - apart from highly specialized professionals?

2. zbigniew59

May 14, 2016
    CERTAINLY - I - and many others - are unhappy with what - this topic has turned into.

3. zbigniew59

May 14, 2016
    Lots of - posts showing - parts of the scripts - that - ONLY YOU - UNDERSTAND.
    Who are these discussions for?

4. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    From beginners to the most advanced, if the answers are not in the main post, the questions are always answered. They are also answered by those who know what is being asked.

I've been following it for a while and it's always been that way. Many are assiduous, many take the tool, succeed in doing their iso, put it to use and only use the tool again the next time they do some maintenance on their machine.

The people are eclectic, very diverse.

Feel free to ask. If anyone knows the answer, they probably will.

I have my moments very busy, this week I see that many people frequent in the forum are busy.
    However, I'm in a quieter moment and taking the opportunity to update and put ideas into practice, carrying out the tests, to make them available in my Script.

5. zbigniew59

May 14, 2016
    :worthy::worthy:I'm sorry for what I wrote, but I hardly understand anything about this topic - AND I'm sure a lot of other people.

6. zbigniew59

May 14, 2016
  7. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #24227 inTerActionVRI, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    It has recently been moved.

My script started here with authorization from MSMG.

There are details that serve both to innovate the Toolkit and to innovate IMCK. So I'll keep leaving my posts that are pertinent to the Toolkit here.

When doubts or suggestions are brought here, they will be answered here.
    When they are taken there, they will be answered there.

Everyone contributes one idea or another and the MSMG, in its time, brings news with these contributions. It's no different with me. And, as he is, at the moment, much more busy than I am, nothing like leaving some already worked things available to him.

Someone who is looking for something here in the topic, can search and put his name to get the specific answers.

You don't need to observe my activities, ignore my future answers.

To understand it, people have to download, read how the main thing works. And, when it is something technical, leave it to those who will take advantage of the subject. I started without understanding about scripting, MSMG taught me a lot and I went after learning. I ended up teaching a few things to other people, and the learning they had also generated great ideas and productions on their part that brought me more knowledge.

It is a double way path. In teaching, learning takes place. In learning, questioning generates knowledge for the teacher.

8. NathanIT

NathanIT MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2021
    is there a way to do it manually with the boot.wim file to add the .reg in? detailed instructions please

9. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    The way I see it is that creating a modified image is in itself something a normal user does not even know exists. If a normal user had access to a 100% user friendly tool, they would likely make a broken image never understanding why what they removed was a problem.

When I came to this forum I had a lot of experience in IT but had never once modified an install image. I was searching for a tool that could make Windows 10 be more like Windows 7 and ended up here. I think I started using the toolkit somewhere around 1703 or 1709. I've learned a lot since then and rarely install out of the box Windows 10/11 anymore.

10. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #24230 inTerActionVRI, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    Man, one way for you is to use rufus which is already integrated into boot.wim and send the image to the pendrive.

But if you take a look here on the forum, even the friend @zbigniew59 put a link that leads to this @Enthousiast topic
    Remove Secure Boot And TPM Requirements From Windows 11

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    simply congrats for your words :worthy::hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. bala1

bala1 MDL Member

May 2, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. bala1

bala1 MDL Member

May 2, 2015
  14. zero cool root

zero cool root MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2011
  15. Voko

Voko MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2019
    #24235 Voko, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    a

16. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    Have you tried on another partition.
    Check how many Gb you have before starting the image servicing.
    It has to be about 30gb to be at the limit.

But also, I suspect that you have to run a
    chkdsk c: /X /F
    or
    chkdsk c: /X /R /F

17. zero cool root

zero cool root MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2011
    I'm starting the toolkit with start.cmd, but not like as admin..!!

18. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #24240 inTerActionVRI, Dec 9, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    It is correct.

I'm migrating from 19044 to 220000 and on to 22621. I'm confirming the integrity of my ISOs to perform an inplace update. And I think I'm going to start experiencing the problems that people are experiencing in w11.

What ISO are you using?

When you are doing the conversion do you close the File Explorer?

I've had read/write problems simply from being open in the toolkit folder.

Then the message appears that the file being serviced on is being used in another process.