1. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

Obviously the pendrive has nothing to do with that error, is not like a pendrive is OK to install a stock image but is bad to install a customized one.:D

2. KFeri

KFeri MDL Novice

May 31, 2013
    19045, i don't want to go any lower than that again. i have many programs that require the newer windows
    I do nothing and that's it.(back to the past, no no :) )
    What can go wrong will go wrong... well, this too... I am sad...

3. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    removing cortana breaks search inside settings, but that's only on windows 11

4. olivamaki

olivamaki MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2015
    Windows 22621.1343 error occurs "the instruction at 0x00007ff referenced memory could not be read" Windows there is no installation

5. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    I think you got it wrong.

It's just that when you take a zip package from the UUP dump without integrating the updates to generate a 19045 and always be able to use the same ISO with the Toolkit, the ISO generated without updates is a 19041.1. You can make all the base .1 ISOs and make it available to generate the updated ISOs just by integrating the updates.
    When you integrate updates with the Toolkit it becomes 19045.26xx.

6. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #24808 inTerActionVRI, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    I'm checking the possibilities mentioned...

Yes, DISM is functional for everyone, but it requires you to have elevated rights to read it.

With reg.exe query there is no need for elevated rights.
    For me this is useful in other scripts and I'm looking for the best key to use from W7 to W11.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language
    This one doesn't work. Here my system is all in pt-BR so "InstallLanguage" returns the correct Installation language code but it is 416 instead of returning pt-BR and for "InstallLanguageFallback" it returns en-US.

I believe that directly from the Control Panel or CurrentControlSet are the best options given the argument of the difference between the Image locale and the language option that the user is using.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\MuiCached
    rem for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%o in ('reg.exe query "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\MuiCached" /s /v "Languages" ^| findstr.exe /I "REG_ _SZ"') do (set "HostLanguage=%%o")
    I have already tested this option from MuiCached key on some systems this entry is not available. Why didn't I write down which ones? But I think it was from w11 onwards.

After you displayed your argument I also saw that I was getting data from "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT".
    So it's interesting to carry out the test in the same one I had sent before, but changing it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

for /F "tokens=3 delims= " %%o in ('reg.exe query "HKU\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International" /v "LocaleName" ^| findstr.exe /I "REG_ _SZ"') do (set "HostLanguage=%%o")
    to:
    for /F "tokens=3 delims= " %%o in ('reg.exe query "HKCU\Control Panel\International" /v "LocaleName" ^| findstr.exe /I "REG_ _SZ"') do (set "HostLanguage=%%o")

And test the 2 below:
    for /F "tokens=3 delims= " %%o in ('reg.exe query "HKCU\Control Panel\International\User Profile" /s /v "Languages" ^| findstr.exe /I "REG_ _SZ"') do (set "HostLanguage=%%o")
    for /F "tokens=7 delims=\" %%o in ('reg.exe query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\UILanguages" /s /v "LCID" ^| findstr.exe /I "HKEY"') do (set "HostLanguage=%%o")

@Supern00b can you check these 3 variants on your W10, if that takes your option which is in en-US?

put this line for the testing purpose
    echo.HostLanguage : "%HostLanguage%"
    pause

Thnks!

7. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    Isn't the whole toolkit running as TI anyway?

Obviously it returns the language code, 409 en-US, 410 it-IT and so on, that decides the general behavior of windows, say the installer won't let you to update a Brazilian installation using an Italian ISO (not even if you have some relatives in Rome :p ).

If you are looking for the default and fallback MUI(s) you have to look to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\UILanguages and eventually to other keys under MUI.

those values are in xx_YY form (then there are the user 's setting given you can use different MUIs for different users.)

8. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
  9. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #24812 inTerActionVRI, Feb 24, 2023
    Yes.

Here it is posted.

Yes, that might be true. I cannot speak for him.
    But whenever we find a problem he answers and tries to correct it. We just have to inform with pertinent details.

About this detail of the registry entries: these are many and, for windows 11, this was one that worked for the first 22000, then it stopped working.
    if "%HostBuild%" geq "21996" for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%o in ('reg.exe query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\Settings" /v "PreferredUILanguages" ^| findstr.exe /I "REG_ _SZ"') do (set "HostLanguage=%%o")

Well-made criticisms are constructive and bring new perspectives. New ideas are born from there.

I myself don't have space to do many tests, my HDs are full.
    I also enlist the help of the staff here. Who has the system with the right build installed, can check and bring feedback we always appreciate it.

10. KFeri

KFeri MDL Novice

May 31, 2013
    I don't understand this at all.
    Why was I wrong?
    Was I wrong that it doesn't work properly?
    Thanks for your help. :)

11. sergey130270

sergey130270 MDL Member

May 15, 2014
  12. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    @sergey130270 ,

I saw that you create and during the course of the tweaks code several values are being added to the variables.

But after that you don't use these variables to modify the registry, checking if they are already disabled or even without checking, simply making the services registry entries disabled. This function is missing. I looked quickly through the phone. If the function exists maybe I didn't see it.

About tasks I don't know how to disable it, I never did it when making the image. Only with post install scripts.

I'm away from the PC at the moment.

13. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    #24817 acer-5100, Feb 24, 2023
    @sergey130270

Scripting is fun, but you should stop doing things like we were in win98 days.

Just install/deploy the image in a virtual machine or in a native vhdx (or in a separate partition, speaking about old school things).

Boot the system and enter in audit mode.

Then add / remove whatever you like, drivers/sw/settings/tasks/services/whatever.

Once you are happy with the result, syspep the image , then capture it in a new install.wim, and replace it in the iso (if you need it)

Then when you install/deploy your system it will be exactly as you tailored it, since the beginning.

No more time wasted debugging blindly executed scripts, no more time wasted each time you install the system, no errors went undetected and so on.

Optionally you can still use some old school scripts and /or xml, but they should be kept really minimal, like to set the computer name, pass the activation serial, set the default user and alike

14. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    but if you really lazy, use external ssd
    for 20$ you can get 120GB ssd + Cheap adapter from uncle ALI

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    We have to see what his reality is.
    I know how to do this but if I'm going to waste that time once a month on my machine, I think it's interesting to put into practice a clean installation. If it's for use on multiple machines this might make sense... And even then, a clean install with some post install details, using my alternative to SetupComplete, in which, it detects when the user has connected to the internet and offers a list to download many details through winget. That way I avoid using an ISO with many things integrated, which I will have to waste time updating again because Winget already brings many things in its latest versions. That is, I spend 45 min to make the ISO with wim image and 1 hour to install and get everything ready. But as I do in-place update, I lose the ISO time plus half an hour. And, if everything is ok, 5 min to clean up the previous installation.

There are many methods, and they all fit at some point in each one's reality.

16. Gibral

Gibral MDL Junior Member

Jan 11, 2023
    #24820 Gibral, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    I was thinking. It doesn't make much sense to remove many components and leave windows update, it will certainly cause a bug when there is a big update. Correct me if I'm wrong.