1. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    What's Opium ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    #24982 acer-5100, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    This Is what we (real Opera users) call the "fake" OperaChromiuium.

And, by extension, the same applies to Edge/Edgium

3. Bira

Bira MDL Member

Oct 4, 2017
    does utorrent have this option from day one?

4. Bira

Bira MDL Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #24984 Bira, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    Teacher @MSMG I analyzed the utorrent here, the program does not have offline, I downloaded it from another partition, installed it and took it offline from %temp%, but the same thing, it installs and falls directly to the user, and this one has no option to change the path lol complicated, that's why I told you that we also analyze these files with folders in users, because, it's not always that we install and have an option for %ProgramFiles%, and yes it sends it straight to the same "USERS", and it's good to see that so we don't have one anymore surprise later when we want to make a package that we want, then we use plan B

Attached Files:

5. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    #1 I have no idea, i use qbittorrent

#2 I don't like integrating third part SW in the WIM, unless we are talking of a vital thing (like a browser after your remove IE and Edgium)

#3 even if I want to do that, I prefer to install/configure/tweak what I need by hand in audit mode, then sysprep, then keep my .vhdx handy, ready to be booted natively or on a VM uing just a single copy operation and a single command to add it to the bootloader.

Even if you don't understand the power of native vhds (just like the majority of MDL users), you can capture the vhd content in a new install.wim, and use it to make an old school bootable ISO.

IMO a way better option than relying on scripts that runs blindly.

6. Bira

Bira MDL Member

Oct 4, 2017
    #24986 Bira, Mar 9, 2023
    Code:
    manter meu .vhdx à mão

An option for you, because what I do are tests to be sure of what I want to study the same, my things, if I don't get one right, I go to the other and the other, plan A B C D, with the studies and what we will need for a decision ahead, what I'm talking about with the MSMG, are things that, as I said, I study, where I don't use it, until I'm sure if it's going to work, in short, I'm a "Company Administrator" where I do that, I don't get drowned with my decisions, because I always have in mind several other things to replace, I'm not a programmer, but I learn easily, as well as professor @MSMG and my partner @inTerActionVRI who taught me a lot, but anyway, when I'm interested in learning and studying, we go far, why not we know all right? and if we say we know we know nothing, abs!

7. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

If we are talking of getting skilled on scripting rather than speedup practical scenarios I keep my mouth shut. Learning is always something of very important.

Just avoid of being catched in what I call the High end WIFI syndrome, thare was a rime when people kept improving every minute detail of their HIFI equipment, but many of them never listened a whole Beatles or Beethoven LP.

Here on MDL (and not just MDL) we have some bright examples of people who use Windows just to update and improve Windows and nothing else, so my personal way is to try to learn (possibly) doing something that make my life better, that halves/reduce the time needed to accomplish a task.

The native vhd thing is an example of that I spent a good amount of time learning them, but now each time I need a fresh install or a different OS I spend few seconds, not hours.

8. Bira

Bira MDL Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Code:
    spend a few seconds, not hours.

That's what I'm talking about lol, always ahead friend, and let's go, knowledge doesn't take up space, and expands horizons...

9. Bira

Bira MDL Member

Oct 4, 2017
    @acer-5100
    Code:
    Whole Beatles or Beethoven LP

We are really experienced lol, how many Beethoven symphonies have I not played on the piano, LP? [I still have the K7 today] Compact lol I'm a radio broadcaster too, studying technological evolution, silent cinema, in short, I'll be everything in a little while, right? lol but it's true formed by SENAC, and piano I did at USC when I was little, abs

10. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    #24990 acer-5100, Mar 9, 2023
    I own a real concert Piano from 1930s, sadly various life complications (family moved in different places because of work and other things) prevented me to get past the very amateurish level.
    I moved to a different kind of keyboards
    After all anglophones call the buttons "keys" for a reason ;)

11. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Interesting. I have the noactiveprobe enabled and have removed the ncsiuwpapp and my ncsi indicator is working perfectly :confused:
    That's on 21H2.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetworkConnectivityStatusIndicator]
    "NoActiveProbe"=dword:00000001

12. Bira

Bira MDL Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Pleasure to meet you

13. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    In 1809 there was an issue with the system creating endless amounts of .evtx and .tmpx files. This turned out to be related to AppxSvc - disabling that stopped the problem, but obviously also prevented woring with appx related features.

In 1809 it broke the Settings > Personalizaion > Themes page, but that was hardly an issue.

I found that in 21H2, having this service disabled also breaks the Settings > System > About page.

But since the issue with the .evtx/.tmpx has been fixed there is no reason to disable the service any more.

14. mhussain

mhussain MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2012
    hi all,
    does anyone have didup compatable with image version
    10.0.19041.2006.0?
    i'm not sure where to aquire it myself from.
    Majid

15. mhussain

Oct 1, 2012
    I ment image version
    thanks.

16. Pansen

Pansen MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    Dear MSMG, can you please fix the component removal for 22621.1344 when you find the time. :) It's the latest version that ExplorerPatcher works with and I'd love to have an updated image that works with it! I appreciate all your work and the Toolkit is the best! Thanks

17. mhussain

Oct 1, 2012
    @MSMG
    would it be possible to add the components
    printing to the purge list?
    one of the packages that was located via dism is
    Microsoft-Windows-Printing-PrintToPDFServices-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1806
    and the xps component of the printing list?
    Microsoft-Windows-Printing-XPSServices-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~10.0.19041.1?
    I never use printing services at all, hence my requesting this component edition.
    i'm also blind, so printing would not help me in any sercomstance.

I currently use dism to purge these packages.
    what if any inpact would purging all printing components if you were to add them via toolkit have on the installed system?
    since it's printing not much I should think?
    you would kno better than i?
    master msmg.
    what's nfs?
    sounds like A enterprize feature,
    I remove that via dism also.
    thank you for your consideration.
    a question in general.
    how many of you use the dism way of removeing packages after you have used the toolkit removal process?
    and what outcome did you get with the resultant image?

Majid

18. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

Network File System, the Unix protocol to share files, just like SMB/CIFS is the standard protocol in Windows.

Hardly nowadays you need it, given Linux, and most of other Unixes support SMB well teese days.

And there is also FTP, which is fairly universal.

19. mhussain

Oct 1, 2012
    @acer-5100
    thank you for answering matey :)
    would you say it would make for a good candidate for removal?

thanks again for answering.
    Majid

20. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    yeah, but likely is a tiny package, and is not enabled by default, so nothing to gain in RAM/CPU usage, little to gain in reducing the ISO/WIM size