1. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    If the access token privilege granting or the actual functions for removal? The Access Token privileges use a C# .NET framework method that the function creates into a usable object via a wrapper to Grant/Revoke privileges during the process block of the function.

The full function to do it is quite lengthy but I'll give you an idea.

Code:
    Function Remove-Components
    {
       [CmdletBinding()]
       Param ()

Begin
       {
           $SecHealthArray = @(
               "SenseClient-Package"
               "Defender" 
           )
           $ErrorActionPreference = 'SilentlyContinue'
           $PackageList = [System.Collections.ArrayList]@()
           $MountPath = (Get-WindowsImage -Mounted).Path
           $ParentKey = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages"
           $PackageKey = $ParentKey.Substring(6)
           $Desktop = [Environment]::GetFolderPath("Desktop")
           $QueryRegistry = REG QUERY HKLM | FindStr 'AppData'
           If ($QueryRegistry -like "*AppData*")
           {
               [gc]::Collect()
               [void]($QueryRegistry.ForEach({ REG UNLOAD $_ }))
           }
       }
       Process
       {
           $GetPackages = {
               (Get-ChildItem -Path $ParentKey).Name.Split('\') | Select-String -Pattern '~' -SimpleMatch | Out-File $Desktop\OriginalPackageList.txt -Force
               ForEach ($Object in $SecHealthArray)
               {
                   $Packages = (Get-ChildItem $ParentKey | ? Name -Like "*$Object*")
                   If ($Packages -ne $null)
                   {
                       Write-Verbose "Processing all component packages containing $Object" -Verbose
                       ForEach ($Package in $Packages)
                       {
                           $PackageName = $Package.Name.Split('\')[-1]
                           $ComponentKey = "$PackageKey\$PackageName"
                           Grant-RegistryAccess -Hive HKLM -SubKey $ComponentKey <--Where I access token privileges for system-level elevation is granted, then it's immediately revoked once the key's ownership has been successfully granted. Moreover, it backs up the original ACL and restores it upon removal to ensure no broken SIDs or the like are left on parent-keys or any hives.
                           If (Test-Path "$($ParentKey)\$($PackageName)")
                           {
                               [void]($PackageList.Add($PackageName))
                           }
                           [void](Set-ItemProperty -Path "$($ParentKey)\$($PackageName)" -Name "Visibility" -Value 1 -Force)
                           [void](New-ItemProperty -Path "$($ParentKey)\$($PackageName)" -Name "DefVis" -PropertyType DWord -Value 2 -Force)
                           [void](Remove-Item -Path "$($ParentKey)\$($PackageName)\Owners" -Force)
                       }
                   }
               }
           }

That's just a tweaked snippit of proper component removal, though I did not include the changing of the XML permanency values from "Permanent" to "Removale," though that is not required.

With this I use my Grant-RegistryAccess cmdlet I posted earlier in here as well as my Grant-Ownership/Grant-Permissions cmdlets that also use Access Token privileges to grant the current process system-level access in order to ensure all directories and key can be recursively removed and/or modified.

An example of the simple granting of an access token privilege, here's a very lite portion of how it's done:

Code:
    Add-Type @"
    using System;
    namespace PRIVILEGES_LSA
    {
        using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
        using System.Security;
        using System.Management;
        using System.Runtime.CompilerServices;
        using System.ComponentModel;
        using LSA_HANDLE = IntPtr;

public enum AccessTokens
        {
            SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege,        // Replace a process-level token.
            SeAuditPrivilege,                     // Generate security audits.
            SeBackupPrivilege,                    // Back up files and directories.
            SeChangeNotifyPrivilege,              // Bypass traverse checking.
            SeCreateGlobalPrivilege,              // Create global objects.
            SeCreatePagefilePrivilege,            // Create a pagefile.
            SeCreatePermanentPrivilege,           // Create permanent shared objects.
            SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege,        // Create symbolic links.
            SeCreateTokenPrivilege,               // Create a token object.
            SeDebugPrivilege,                     // Debug programs.
            SeEnableDelegationPrivilege,          // Enable computer and user accounts to be trusted for delegation.
            SeImpersonatePrivilege,               // Impersonate a client after authentication.
            SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege,      // Increase scheduling priority.
            SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege,             // Adjust memory quotas for a process.
            SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege,        // Increase a process working set.
            SeLoadDriverPrivilege,                // Load and unload device drivers.
            SeLockMemoryPrivilege,                // Lock pages in memory.
            SeMachineAccountPrivilege,            // Add workstations to domain.
            SeManageVolumePrivilege,              // Perform volume maintenance tasks.
            SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege,      // Profile single process.
            SeRelabelPrivilege,                   // Modify an object label.
            SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege,            // Force shutdown from a remote system.
            SeRestorePrivilege,                   // Restore files and directories.
            SeSecurityPrivilege,                  // Manage auditing and security log.
            SeShutdownPrivilege,                  // Shut down the system.
            SeSyncAgentPrivilege,                 // Synchronize directory service data.
            SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege,         // Modify firmware environment values.
            SeSystemProfilePrivilege,             // Profile system performance.
            SeSystemtimePrivilege,                // Change the system time.
            SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege,             // Take ownership of files or other objects.
            SeTcbPrivilege,                       // Act as part of the operating system.
            SeTimeZonePrivilege,                  // Change the time zone.
            SeTrustedCredManAccessPrivilege,      // Access Credential Manager as a trusted caller.
            SeUndockPrivilege,                    // Remove computer from docking station.
            SeUnsolicitedInputPrivilege           // Read unsolicited input from a terminal device.
        }
            internal sealed class Win32Token
            {
                [DllImport("advapi32.dll", ExactSpelling = true, SetLastError = true)]
                internal static extern bool AdjustTokenPrivileges(IntPtr htok, bool disall, ref TokPriv1Luid newst, int len, IntPtr prev, IntPtr relen);

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", ExactSpelling = true)]
                internal static extern IntPtr GetCurrentProcess();

[DllImport("advapi32.dll", ExactSpelling = true, SetLastError = true)]
                internal static extern bool OpenProcessToken(IntPtr h, int acc, ref IntPtr phtok);

[DllImport("advapi32.dll", SetLastError = true)]
                internal static extern bool LookupPrivilegeValue(string host, string name, ref long pluid);

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", ExactSpelling = true)]
                internal static extern bool CloseHandle(IntPtr phtok);
            }
       **Continuing to the how you want the method to work to your liking**

In this little bit of C# code I use a Win32 wrapper within the main wrapper, as the Win32 wrapper allows me to add the actual classes as PowerShell input objects that then I can issue such commands as .NET Framework strings instead of having to actually use the function's command, hence why you can see me using :[PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::GrantPrivilege/RevokePrivilege(Privilege(s)) as opposed to Grant-Privilege -Privilege "Privilege(s)" It's much faster that way and bypasses PowerShell having to repeatedly recreate the object since it's already been set as part of the system itself until the full process has completed (hence why I use Begin/Process/End code-blocks in functions). Moreover, it allows you to use said Framework strings across any script/function (if you create the actual privilege granting as a module) so you do not have to include it in every script.

And how I grant access at the beginning, before the process begins, and then it's automatically revoked at the end, to ensure no privileges stay enabled. This is a fairly basic function that uses said privileges, and automatically climbs the path's directory chain to make sure all items' access control and ownership are granted consistently and recursively. Lastly the BackupPrivilege allows me to save the access control permissions before they're modified to a file, so they can be restored at the end, too, to ensure no broken SIDs are left and OEM access permissions are set to their default settings.

Code:
    Function Grant-AccessPermissions
    {
       <#
       .SYNOPSIS
           Grants file and folder access control permissions.

.DESCRIPTION
           Grants system-level file and folder access by enabling access token process privileges.

.PARAMETER Path
           The path to the file or folder access is to be granted to.

.PARAMETER Account
           The account name that will be granted access.

.PARAMETER Recurse
           Allows for access control permissions to be recursively granted on directories and subdirectories.

.EXAMPLE
           PS C:\> Grant-AccessPermissions -Path 'File'

.EXAMPLE
           PS C:\> Grant-AccessPermissions -Path 'Folder' -Recurse

.EXAMPLE
           PS C:\> Grant-AccessPermissions -Path 'File' -Account 'DomainName\DomainAccount'

.EXAMPLE
           PS C:\> $Path = "C:\Mount\Users\Default\ProgramData"
           PS C:\> Get-ChildItem -Path $Path -Recurse -Force | Grant-AccessPermissions
       #>
       [CmdletBinding()]
       Param
       (
           [Parameter(Mandatory = $true,
                      ValueFromPipeline = $true,
                      ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName = $true,
                      HelpMessage = 'The path to the file or folder to take ownership of.')][ValidateScript({
                   If (Test-Path -Path $_) { $_ }
                   Else { Throw "$_ is not a valid path." }
               })][Alias('FullName')][string]$Path,
           [Parameter(HelpMessage = 'The name of the account that will be granted ownership.')][Alias('User')][string]$Account = "Administrators",
           [Parameter(HelpMessage = 'Enables recursive ownership granting of directories and folders.')][switch]$Recurse
       )

Begin
       {
           [PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::GrantPrivilege("SeRestorePrivilege")
           [PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::GrantPrivilege("SeBackupPrivilege")
           [PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::GrantPrivilege("SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege")
       }
       Process
       {
           ForEach ($File in $Path)
           {
               Write-Verbose "Processing: $File"
               $DirOwner = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity
               $DirOwner.SetOwner([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]$Account)
               $FileOwner = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSecurity
               $FileOwner.SetOwner([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]$Account)
               $DirACL = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity
               $FileACL = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity
               $Rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule("Administrators", "FullControl", "ContainerInherit,ObjectInherit", "InheritOnly", "Allow")
               $FileACL.AddAccessRule($Rule)
               $DirACL.AddAccessRule($Rule)
               Try
               {
                   $File = Get-Item -LiteralPath $File -Force -ErrorAction Stop
                   If (!($File.PSIsContainer))
                   {
                       Try
                       {
                           $File.SetAccessControl($FileOwner)
                       }
                       Catch
                       {
                           Write-Warning "Failed to grant full permissions on $($File.FullName). Attempting to grant full permissions on $($File.Directory.FullName)."
                           $File.Directory.SetAccessControl($FileACL)
                           $File.SetAccessControl($FileOwner)
                       }
                   }
                   Else
                   {
                       Try
                       {
                           $File.SetAccessControl($DirOwner)
                       }
                       Catch
                       {
                           Write-Warning "Failed to grant full directory permissions on $($File.FullName). Attempting to grant full directory permissions on $($File.Parent.FullName)."
                           $File.Parent.SetAccessControl($DirACL)
                           $File.SetAccessControl($DirOwner)
                       }

If ($Recurse)
                       {
                           Get-ChildItem $File -Force | Grant-AccessPermissions
                       }
                   }
               }
               Catch
               {
                   Write-Warning "$($File): $($_.Exception.Message)"
               }
           }
       }
       End
       {
           [PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::RevokePrivilege("SeRestorePrivilege")
           [PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::RevokePrivilege("SeBackupPrivilege")
           [PRIVILEGES_LSA.TokenAdjustor]::RevokePrivilege("SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege")
       }
    }

Next to Privileges you have actual User Rights you can change the same way, but those you need to be very careful with because those are primarily used to interact with hardware on a system, as it's how you can customize your BIOS from within Windows and without even booting into it (so long as the manufacturer/board brand has a namespace it assigns to the system, and most do). With User Rights you can log in as a process, remove the built-in administrator, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Could you guys please go to another topic with the NTLite talk it's been said before this is MSMG Toolkit topic keep it clean pls ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Also that component removal function does all of its directory and registry/Symbolic Link and Hard-Link removals after all the components have been removed (I did not include that, for the sake of keeping it fairly short but to the point in how you'd go about doing it).

4. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    But on that note, truly if you want any further info or detail, just PM me like others do. That's the last of the stuff I'll post regarding that in here because this is not my thread and no one likes hijackers. ;)

5. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    @GodHand Thank you very much. I thought it was something simpler and maybe it could be incorporated into the MSMG project. Anyway thank you and any further questions I will send MP.

6. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    I edited my posts for those who have phobia of the word "NTLite" :p

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Nothing wrong with the word @AeonX but It's as @GodHand stated it's has no purpose to hijack this tread with a "commercial" program if MSMG Toolkit is putting all his effort in a nice tool for free ! I find that rude TBH

8. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Ok sorry my intention was to help but I will avoid mentioning other tools ;)

9. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Get off your pedestal. First off I was answering questions regarding how I go about doing something. If you have a problem, report me to a real moderator instead of pretending you're one while also quite ironically hijacking the thread further with your drivel.

10. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
  11. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
  12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Sure man No need to report any body I have made my point

13. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stripped out 1709 16299.125 Pro version removed all apps and windows components and only leave store and defender works like a charm after inplace upgrade.

14. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    .NetFW3.5
    Calc
    DirectX9c
    Skins for Calc & PhotoViewer

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yes same here except WD, realy working like a charm none issues very good Build :yeah:

16. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    This is the cause. Do the cleanup then integrate NetFX3.5.

17. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Hi,

Could anyone please remind me the full path of the activation tokens on my installed OS ? Need to copy them to the new Iso.

Thanks.

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    open services.msc and close Windows Update service after re-open service again restart PC to see if now WU works;still I don't know what you remove when working with Toolkit so is very hard to tell something ok, well when I start working with MSMG Toolkit first I only remove applications desired and not integrate nothing for example .netFX35, DirectX 9.0C, Windows Updates etc... to avoid mistakes then try works first for stages until you get more knowledge and reliance and principaly read all pages of MSMG Toolkit and take note of all important actions before make some modified ISO without know what you are doing because as result is only waste of time IMO

19. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    #5780 AeonX, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Do you use antivirus? Have you set up telemetry as Security?
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-10-hotfix-repository.57050/page-258#post-1403394