1. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    #9621 nosirrahx, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    I have deep pockets, if he needs new hardware I would gladly hook him up.

@MSMG what your current specs?

2. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    each time msmg is away, it usually means he's either working hard on the toolkit or getting well. hehe

3. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I've sent him a PM a few days ago to see what he needs. It included "What are your specs". Waiting on a reply.

4. kosta26

kosta26 MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I'm still waiting for the new multilingual version to work with 1809. And then not far off, and the output of 1903 already. And again to cut for themselves, but there is nothing, for there is no multilanguage support.

5. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    It's a lot of work honestly going on honestly. Try thousand of lines in batch coding. I've done some batch coding, and I do understand the pain. I'm sure this is the smaller part however, then there's toolkithelper.exe or something which I assume is C# or .net. That shouldn't be as painful, but what's very annoying is M$ has made it really hard to remove. Then you'd be tracing registries and so on trying to get somewhere. Sometimes when you get stuck, or it doesn't appear to go your way, its easy to feel like giving up, but he still comes back at it. I personally don't like what M$ is doing, I'm at a point where I feel it might be time to switch to linux, which I'm experienced with, though just the cli side of it.

I do say though, for easier portions of the toolkit, he should let us patch it. I'm pretty sure with some effort from the community, one could get multilingual to work without him (though MSMG should advise if it involves helper.exe then it'd be a different story). I don't use multilang so i wouldn't know entirely, maybe someone can advice on this?

6. kosta26

kosta26 MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2019
    On 9.1 bug. Loaded the image, delete the application on 1903(18329) does not work, the number 4 (delete) works as 5.

7. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    This is not a bug! This version has no support for 1903.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    Until the first post 1903 release MSMG build there are no 1903 bugs/features. 1903 public release does not exist yet and neither does MSMG for 1903.

9. lovs2build

lovs2build MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2012
    Hello and thanks for the great app. I have few issues or questions about it. First thing, I am using windows 10 ISO from MS that has home / pro 1809. I am trying to remove apps from the pro version. Each time when I remove an app I see error toolkithelper.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command. Also is there a way to not remove certain apps? there is only remove all or go through each one at a time then going back to menu and doing for 20+ things takes a long time. Thanks for any help.

10. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    Only some parts.... gotta modify the batch file if you want some things automated for now...

11. lovs2build

lovs2build MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2012
    ahhh didn't think of that/ Thanks for the reply. Also the error im getting I should ignore it? Like the one weberio posted pic of?

12. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. lovs2build

lovs2build MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2012
    OK I'm having problems locating any help on making a batch file and where to put it. Sorry if i'm being hard but programing isn't my strongest suit lol

14. THUMPer1

THUMPer1 MDL Junior Member

Mar 8, 2011
    sounds like he needs a dedicated dev machine.

15. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    With what he has done to help the community I am totally down for hooking him up with high end hardware.

16. jinvidia

jinvidia MDL Member

Aug 7, 2016
    #9637 jinvidia, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    @MSMG - Sir, kindly let me know which components i should RETAIN in MSMG in order to have video editing softwares to work properly. Softwares like Boilsoft video splitter and solveigmm video splitter used to work properly before, but now i get COM registration errors, 0x000007b errors, etc. One of the application refuses to open video files for editing and the other doesn't even install giving COM registration errors. I think i must have removed some essential component which is vital for video editing.

I tried the above apps in my msmg debloated windows 8.1 x64 and they worked fine.

If I retain windows media player component will, the video editing functions work properly?

Thank you.

17. Kenafri

Kenafri MDL Member

Jul 22, 2014
    @MSMG

Code below failed :
    Code:
            if "%ImageInstallationType:~,6%" equ "Server" (
                echo.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                echo.Integrating WinPE - Setup Server Pack [%LangPackCode%] to Windows Recovery Image...
                echo.-------------------------[WinRE.wim, Index : 1]--------------------------------
                call :AddPackage "%WinReMount%", "%LangPacks%\WinPE-Setup-Server-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~%PackageArchitecture%~%LangPackCode%~6.1.7601.%PackageServicePackBuild%.cab"
            )

with this error message:
    Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Integrating WinPE - Setup Server Pack [fr-FR] to Windows Recovery Image...
    -------------------------[WinRE.wim, Index : 1]--------------------------------

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 6.3.9600.17029

Image Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package WinPE-Setup-Server-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~a
    md64~fr-FR~6.1.7601.17514

Error: 0x800f081e

The specified package is not applicable to this image.

The DISM log file can be found at E:\LAB_MS\ToolKit_v9.1\Logs\Dism.txt

Thanx

18. Chrishuff1

Chrishuff1 MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2019
    ===============================================================================
    MSMG ToolKit - Convert Windows ESD Image to WIM Image

'C:\New' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    ####Starting Converting Windows ESD Image to WIM Image#########################

Reading Windows ESD Image Information...

|Index| Arch | Name
    'C:\New' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Enter the ESD Image Index's # [Range : 1-, * - All] : 1-
    The syntax of the command is incorrect.
    C:\New folder>

No matter what I put it keeps failing?

19. Kenafri

Kenafri MDL Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Hi,

Please, remove/modify path to ToolKit
    Code:
    C:\New_folder
    or something else (without spaces) instead of :