2. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
  3. almubdea1

almubdea1 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2012
    Hi
    I used v11.4 with this version after extract the ISO
    19043.867.210305-1751.21h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTBUSINESS_VOL_x64FRE_ar-sa_7B726B5D3CF791B7011AAFCD194E4B947F9E53FF.esd
    very stable and fast work
    thanks to you

4. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    #19044 ingviowarr, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Yes, of course. I also have a big unfinished project for live OS reconfiguration. It's a hard thing, I understand pretty well what are you talking about.

1) I want to say, I'm not focused on removing of Features, just disabling is completely enough for me (for now).
    This mean that disabled component is completely deactivated (non-existing like). The best example is IE.
    I think we have much more work with removing System Apps and a huge amount of unwanted things in live OS.

2) Most of Features to disable are represented inside Windows here :
    Control panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows features on or off

There we have much more disabled components by default, then a "short list" I've got in the last test.
    So I can't tie "errors" and "disabled by default" together.

Anyway I need:

- only .NET 4.8 (to integrate/update), that's why I copy-paste the whole template and exclude only these two (.NET):
    Code:
        NetFx4-AdvSrvs
        Microsoft-Windows-NetFx4-US-OC-Package
    I've decided to do like this, because (IMO) integration of .NET 4.8 is like an "update" from built-in .NET 4.7 (LTSC).
    Or, I'm afraid, correct integration may fail.

- be sure that everything else is disabled
    This required just before removing ( you are already match just after [4] Windows Updates ).
    The question is about source - whether build 316 is compatible with MSMG.
    LTSC build 316 - is the last official distributive version redone by M$ itself, isn't it? Please, correct me.

P.S. Thanks a lot for your comprehensive answer, friend!

5. graver.x

Jan 18, 2020
    #19045 graver.x, Apr 7, 2021
    According to the order of action described in README, Customize the Image using the "Customize" menu, one of the options of which is to disable functions with the User List, is made after the integration of all updates and removal of components.
    (G) - Select the Components to be removed using [Remove->Remove Windows Components->Select Windows Components] menu.

Note: Only for Client Editions.
    Requires Cumulative Update specified in the changelog.txt to be integrated before the removal.

(H) - Remove the selected Windows Components using [Remove->Remove Windows Components-> Start Removing Windows Components] menu.

Note: Only for Client Editions.
    Requires Cumulative Update specified in the changelog.txt to be integrated before the removal.

(I)- <Optional> Integrate the required Windows Custom Features using [Integrate->Windows Custom Features] menu.
    (J) - <Optional> Customize the Image using [Customize] menu.
    On this basis, I believe that support for the original image 17763.316 should not be considered as a priority issue.
    I believe disabling functions should be performed after the removal of components, and this will already build 17763.1817

And if we discuss the choice of source for the subsequent integration of updates, I think it is better to choose for this purpose the starting number of the service package for a specific release win10, in this case - 17763.1

I think this should be done at least because after the integration of the last CU, there will be fewer versions of the superseded components in your image.

If I am wrong, let MSMG and our experienced colleagues correct me.

6. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @graver.x
    I beleive, the suggested answers by @MSMG will be close to the next:

- You can ignore these error log-messages
    - The order of disabling Features (before vs after App removing) does not affect the health of the final image.

Let's see. But I don't like these confusing messages anyway :oops:

7. graver.x

Jan 18, 2020
    #19047 graver.x, Apr 7, 2021
    It also seems to me that nothing terrible will happen as a result of these errors.
    And this is the most important thing in our business. :cheers:

Hopefully, MSMG will soon resolve our perplexities.

8. mhussain

mhussain MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2012
    hey all,
    so I am trying to get a list of all components from toolkit_helper.exe
    I have typed in the folowing,
    c:\t\bin\ToolKitHelper.exe c:\mount\ component_list.txt
    that should dump a list of components to the file,
    the file has nuthing in it,
    I used c:\mount\ as the location of the mounted image.
    could someone tell me what I need to correct to have a complete list from toolkit helper?
    note,
    I am blind so no images.
    Majid

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hello, well I only use the Toolkit v10.1 with the W10 LTSC from its release and never had the slightest problem I can say with absolute certainty ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Tiger-1
    In older versions I didn't noticed critical messages also. Well, that's why it's so strange.
    And I beleive in progress done by @MSMG. I beleive in progress in future versions (when SysApps removal will become available).
    Despite of some roughness.

11. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
  12. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
  13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    because it is friend for some reason I simply could not "understand" the way that works the younger versions and with the experience obtained with version 10.1 I think I should not exchange for another that at least for me does not work correctly are only my Two cents ...
    EDIT: see my new install that I make today afternoon
    Microsoft Windows [versão 10.0.17763.1852]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. Todos os direitos reservados.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #19055 ingviowarr, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    @Yanta
    The question was:
    Nothing about:
    :p
    CloudExperienceHost is a System App relative to Accounts and it's really hard to remove PROPERLY.
    I know only AutoSettingsPS can do it. But it's a complicate software, not a few lines to insert...
    Other debloating apps / scripts or don't have such option or put this app into "non-removable" section, do not touch it (to avoid PS errors) and speed-up other debloating operations.

15. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Sorry, I assumed the fact that I posted a powershell command might lead one to think I was trying to do this from a command line.

I had seen several posts here saying that it could be done and did not make it out to be that difficult.

Not that this will make any difference, but absolutely everything I do is done from a script I have written. Everything past, and everything in the future.

My bad. Sorry.

16. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hmm is no longer easy to disable this on the task scheduler ...:thinking:

17. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #19058 ingviowarr, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Why? Shcheduler and Autologgers - the easiest part of the game.

• Scheduler (CreateObjectTask)
    Code:
    schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\CloudExperienceHost\CreateObjectTask" /Disable
    If no access, then launch cmd/PS via PowerRun and do it. (Before it was OK even without PowerRun).

Autologger (CloudExperienceHostOobe)
    Code:
    reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\CloudExperienceHostOobe" /f

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep friend, I forgot about this command ;):D

19. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    Guys, please, find this tweak. Maestro westlife also asking for this.