That is what i am reffering to solid archive esd .

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Or by design to prohibit novices who used the MCT to create an ISO to corrupt it?;)

ps, imagex (not wimlib-imagex) can handle install.esd to some level, mounting but not saving, deleting indexes.

2. why will somebody just change the ext from wim to esd if it wont do any change.
    main criteria of converting wim to esd is to solid compress it so as to save space on iso & as well as faster installation.

3. Solid archives by design are very difficult to edit, be it solid 7z archives or ESDs :p

4. :dunno:

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most claim using install.esd would be slower, but only swm will be slower at installing, because it first needs to copy the swm files to be able to use/apply them. wim and esd can be directly applied.

6. LZMS hardly requires more CPU resources than LZX for decompressing ;) although it is a completely different story for compression.

7. Yes Absolutely Correct Brother. ESD Installation is faster compared to wim apply as per my consent. never tried swm's splitting image into parts so cant say about that.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's approx. the same for esd or wim.

Somewhere in this thread i published the timings.

But nothing of this is helping this question, not as long as the writer doesn't reply with the asked info:
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-961#post-1657431

9. Depends. For example if someone has a weak CPU but a really fast SSD then wim will be a little faster than esd.
    If someone has a really good CPU but a slow hard disk then esd will be a little faster than wim

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Comparison tests need to be done on the exact same hardware, else it can't be compared because of different circumstances.

But MSFT allegedly seems to now use swm files on their Windows 10 USB media.

11. in my case system was latest gen 10 build desktop & its a esd based iso which i converted using dism from wim using compressiontype:recovery & went faster then wim installation.
    same i tested using wim which took more time to finish & complete firstlogon.

as well before i exported both winre & boot wimm all indexes then moved them back.

time taken in esd installation is just 3:48 minutes
    but in wim installation it took 4:17 minutes.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Not really relevant.
    30 seconds is not really a significant difference, that can be because of small timing differences.

13. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes, it is always better when everyone in the community helps as they can when they can. Thus, everyone in need will be helped and possibly will be able to help in this regard.

I can even help with the codes, but to integrate or implement I have to understand the process. Otherwise, I can't do it either. I already touched the removal of the OneDrive through the SetupComplete, but when I started messing with the customization of the Toolkit I didn't need to check that part anymore, because I like the selective removal system through the toolkithelper, instead of the gross and total removal performed by DISM or PowerShell.

In this case, due to my lack of experience in removing OneDrive in Current Windows, I don't know if the code I used is still valid.

And, your script is what you have through the install wim tweak tool modded by legolash2, it has the most effective method that I saw recently that works just like ToolkitHelper, for removing OneDrive. That is, the member @sergey130270 is already being well helped in his endeavor.

14. // Hmm Brother ok :)

// Thank you brother :)

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  16. Its a Request to all MSMG average users plz dont ask me for any of my support on any of my project script or tool.
    For Pro's n Experts it doesnt matter cuz they know how to handle ISO so that it will be modded according to there as well other user needs.

17. Dires

Dires MDL Novice

May 3, 2018
    how to clear the DVD folder setup.exe and sources, I need boot efi or bios.In older versions of the toolkit I did this