MUlti Boot USB with " YUMI" !!??#@

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jime1, Dec 5, 2014.

1. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Hello MDLf ;

I was trying to make multiboot USB drive with my sandisk (8 gb)

the thing is when I load windows 7.iso with YUMI on my usb .. it turnes out to be OK

but then as it allows multiboot , I also added a windows server 2008.iso with YUMI(with the windows 7/8 boot option)

the windows 7 which I already had got overwriten !!

Did I do something wrong ?

now I can see 2 options when I boot from USB (1.windows 7 & 2.windowsserver2008)

but both of them start windows server installation.! o_O

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    What version of YUMI are you using? Does booting server 2k8 by itself work with YUMI? Does it work when you user server 2k8 first and then Windows 7? Have you tried an unlisted ISO (syslinux, GRUB, GRUB from ram) options?

I've found YUMI cumbersome in the past, so instead, I add the indexs of Server 2k8 into the Windws 7 WIM file, then create a bootable USB with the modified WIM. When it comes to installation, it will prompt you for the edition of Windows you want to install.

3. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Its YUMI 2.0.1.0 .

I haven't tried it(server 2k8 first and then Windows 7) as my USB is full & has important data on it (cant format)

PS: may be I'll have to try other prog like WinSetupFromUSB-1-4

:tankyou:

4. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    YUMI installs the OS like windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012 on the root of the usb drive..
    which means if we try to multiboot the usb with any 2 of the above OSs, the previous 1 will get over written :(
    ie. lets say I installed a windows 7 iso on my usb, then I wanted to install windows 8.1, and so I did on the same usb..
    what happens now - the windows 7 files get over written by the windows 8.1 files :(

I wish there was a dedicated forum for YUMI as its a great multi boot usb tool

maybe the author of rufus @akio will direct the author of YUMI here somehow if they know each other :mushy:

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Use easy2boot

sebus