Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #09 SLIC Information : [Invalid\Dummy SLIC Table Data] been a while since i seen one of those dummy/invalid ones they usually Gigabyte boards of the X5x series :g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #4024 mxman2k, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    (OP)
    Just saw that updated post :oops:, the reason it not work is because the addon manager, (the script that runs after the branding one), was deleted by that setupcomplete.cmd as those options are only set in place when the addon manager runs, because the branding script cannot do anything with HKCU (current user) as it not set up at that moment in time only after the pc has restarted during oobe, then as you have setup the main user during oobe at this time the addon manager processes those pre enabled options from the branding script to convert them to 'applied'.

5. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    LG Source Updated
    LG_BADGE.PNG

Attached Files:

6. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    AFAIK, this still give error
    this one does not :p
    Code:
    start /b "" cmd /c del "%~f0"&exit /b

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Vbox was a bit of a fussy one, much like m$'s HyperV can be.

cosmetic errors like:
    [CMINF] CPU ID Code : [Unable to define CPU ID Code]
    are normal for Virtual Machines, as it depends if those specific areas are configured. They are for information purposes and not affect MRP in anyway. :)

8. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    can you do a similar MRP tweak as of disabling windows defender, but this time to disable edge, IE and WMP, so they can be re-enabled again if needed,
    and what about also store apps coming pre-installed, can't MRP prevent them from installing in first place in some way ?

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #4031 mxman2k, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    (OP)
    The tweaks in MRP are limited in some ways, the defender one 98% disables defender ( the advanced firewall part is left alone so that 3rd party firewalls/AV's can work), but it not as easy to revert it back, this is why one some options a pop up appears to warn the user that it may not be possible to revert the option as certain elements are disabled/removed (such as context menu entries) which to revert would be a lot of hassle.

As i have mentioned if you want to use things such as Defender, Driver blocking etc later then dont use the option to disable it in the first place!

Edge is one i not going to touch, there are enough 'tools' out there to remove that. If you remove IE then you may end up with broken menus etc as if i remember IE is integrated into the OS more than it really should.

WMP is another i not going to touch.

Preinstalled apps, i can only do so much. For a better way would be by editing the WIM file direct. That is beyond the project.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Its like LTSC m$ removed things yet folk want to put the stuff back - some weird reverse logic going on.

People asked me to create the tweaks to remove/disable x,y,z and now some want to revert them. Don't remove/disable in the first place is the easiest answer!

11. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    i know MSMG toolkit is designed for such stuff, deleting compenents completely,
    but i thought there is a way to just disable those things, like IE and WMP, they can be disabled through "control panel > turn windows features on or off"
    right, that's what i meant, some registry tweak to do that

and for preinstalled apps, just like you did with cortana being skipped in the windows setup completely, that was good, same thing for telemetry
    just saying

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    the Cortana one was a fluke, one of the registry entries i discovered altered the way Cortana is 'not used' on some languages so i exploited that :p - it not 100% perfect as Cortana is part of the SearchUI so a compromise had to be made and 'digitally duct tape' her in other ways.

IE/WMP i am not sure it could be done with simple reg tweaks, i have never bothered to look really. :oops:

I turn off some preinstalled apps but sadly it is a bit more complex than simple reg tweaks. Only so much can be done as researching takes a while to do and the testing on top of that, plus for some languages it may not work. I try to do things that are generic for all languages, not always 100% possible.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v101.0 is at RC5 and hopefully final candidate testing stage.

So far all is working.

Just need to remove the debug code i added when internal testing then write up the changelog, (which is fairly long), etc.

All being well it should be ready for release later tomorrow (Monday 8th Oct). :)

Take a closer look at @Enthousiast's post of RC4's log, you will see an extra option available i sneaked in. :p ;)

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 101.0 is now BC1 (Baseline Candidate 1), it will be either this one or the BC0 which will be released, as BC1 has another option added which is being tested as a last minute addition.
    Hide Windows Defender from the Settings App. (Advanced Option*)

This will ONLY be for Windows 10 and available to be selected when the Disable Defender option is used. It will be auto disabled for other OS's including Servers. This one can be reverted later and a revert script will be available within the 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts\Windows10_Kernels' folder.

Final tests in progress and the decision will be made to which will make it to the baseline finish. :p

*For those that want to know how to access the Creator's Advanced options, just right click the MRPCreator's exe file and run as Administrator.

15. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  16. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v101.0 Baseline has been uploaded, 2nd post download link, password and hashes updated. :)

New Options:
    + Added Photoviewer to be used (Windows 10 Only) option. This may be removed at some point by Microsoft as they are slowly removing 'old' features and replacing them with newer Apps.

+ Added Disable 'Edit with Paint3D' Context Menu entry (Windows 10 Only). There is a reversal script within the 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts\Windows10_Kernels' folder to put back that entry if needed.

+ Added Disable 'Edit with Photos' Context Menu entry (Windows 10 Only). A revert script is included within the 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts\Windows10_Kernels' folder to put back that entry if needed.

+ Added 'Hide Defender from Settings App' option, this will only work on Windows 10, not Servers or OS's below 10. It will only be available if you use the Disable Defender option. This tweak can be reverted via the script within 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts\Windows10_Kernels' folder.

Other:
    + Release Identifer, this shows a usually 4 digit reference such as 1511, 1703, 1809 etc.

+ OS Installation Type now shows Client {Non Server} for consumer OS's and Server {xxxx} for Servers the number within the { } are the number such as 2008, 2012R2, 2016, 2019 etc.

+ HyperVisor Present, Yes or No - shows if a Virtual Machine is present. On some Server installations it may say Yes as HyperV is present in the OS and the service may be running in the background.

+ PC System Type, this is like the chassis one but uses a different WMIC call, this should show such as Desktop, Workstation etc. It also depends on the Motherboard maker's grading, as some may say your board is a Workstation model on the box and website but it may not have the classification certificate and may be then shown in the BIOS as a desktop.

+ Part of a domain, if your PC is connected to a network and is connected via a domain then this will most likely say Yes. Generally it will be No.

+ Code tidy up across the Project.
    OEM's.7z also updated with latest brand logo's/wallpaper updates.

To access the Advanced options - run the Creator as Administrator. :)