Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Let me see how my latest edits work (first test failed to set the W10 User Account picture due to a oversight in the path :oops:) so making sure i got that right this time. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    BC1 finally completed installation and all worked as expected for what i was testing :D

@Enthousiast is testing Insider Preview so fingers crossed that all works ok too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    [OSINF] Base Build Rev Number : 0x3e8 ooh that one was not in m$ documentation!!! :eek:

they only mention 2, 4, 8 ,16, 32 (decimal) :g: sneaky bastards :D:D

Code:
    Preview Build - Fast
    Registry Hive    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Registry Path    Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    Value Name    BranchReadinessLevel
    Value Type    REG_DWORD
    Value    2

Preview Build - Slow
    Value Type    REG_DWORD
    Value    4

Release Preview
    Value Type    REG_DWORD
    Value    8

Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)
    Value Type    REG_DWORD
    Value    16

Semi-Annual Channel
    Value Type    REG_DWORD
    Value    32

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #4567 mxman2k, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    (OP)
    @tcntad will PM you shortly with MRP 108 BC1 & Creator v14 if you wish to thrash test it too :)

PM sent.

7. srba331

srba331 MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2016
    #4568 srba331, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Another question ( or two ), maybe is a little off topic but you should forgive me :)
    1. Is it possible to combine this OEM Activation and windowsloader by daz?( if oem is not sucessful then script automatically install loader?)
    or how to setup that windows loader file is on the desktop right after install? same question where to place files which i want to appear on desktop after installation?
    2. i saw some works of murphy78, and in his all in one win 7 iso file you can choose for example: home premium, home premium OEM and home premium activated by daz.
    is it possible to make something similar?

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Hi, that would be a typo? As Windows Vista is 6.0 kernel, not 6.1?

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    yep one that sneaked in :oops: now fixed :D

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    1. Using Daz's Loader can be added via 'setupcomplete.cmd' which can run the loader's exe file - details for that can be found in the 'Read Me' text file within the loader's archive. But to be compatible with the MRP some adjustments need to be made to prevent the 'as-is' example script from causing the MRP to malfunction due to it deleting the project's files as well!

Just remove any lines that have Shutdown, RD Scripts or RMDIR Scripts references from the SetupComplete.cmd as MRP auto deletes that folder's contents on completion and you do a reboot.

As for having the Loader exe file on the desktop, that can be done but not really needed if you use the setupcomplete method.

2. If you have not edited the install.wim to delete any indexes (Editions) and in the case of Vista/7 no ei.cfg is present within the Sources folder, you should be presented with a list of Editions to install.

Note: The loader will only work on what it is designed for, see the readme or the Loader's forum thread(s) for more details.

11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  12. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    [CHKLS] Online connection maybe required to complete activation. :g:

Not on line during install?
    As nothing has changed in the MRP for the activation check etc... for w8.x/10 to activate the system needs to be online, your os's should of activated soon as you are connected after the install but it not show within MRP as it was not online at the time of the check.

The advert block/removal of 'safe' apps are now unaffected by being online during installation.

14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
    The computer was online during the installation

15. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Strange it not failed before when online :g: there again m$ have had some weird behaviour with their activation servers recently.

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #4578 mxman2k, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    (OP)
    MRP at stage 108 BC2. :)

Have fixed:
    The spelling mistake for the Vista kernel SLIC cannot activate 7 line. Thanks @Carlos Detweiller for letting me know.
    The 'Prevent Store Apps Auto-Updating' now shows if auto set by the 'Block OS Adverts' or 'Remove Safe Apps' options. For some odd reason it not always show before. :g:

18. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I have not used Autounnatend.xml for many years so i not be able to help.

Although i think i deleted the section block <ProductKey>......... </ProductKey> and used PID.txt with the key in Sources folder that got around that when i had a problem, ( it was probably Vista at the time - so most things went weird anyway. ) :D

Disabling the firewall may be a problem more so on later w10 builds as it seems to be more integrated, plus if you are going to use a 3rd party firewall that may not work as most use parts of the Windows firewall to set things. :g:

WFC (Binisoft now Malwarebytes owned) and Sphinx Firewall Control i know uses the windows firewall for its blocking/unblocking etc.