Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    How about sharing the setup complete command file for us to look at. At this point the only thing we can do is guess. I'm on my phone I don't have a computer at this moment so I can't do a VM install with capturing.

2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Something i have been privately testing.... :whistling: :p
    Code:
    [TBTMS] ===========================================
    [TBTMS] ===[ Brand Transfer Management Routine ]===
    [TBTMS] ===========================================
    [RMXML] OOBE.xml file has been processed.
    [WPFSN] Note: The 'Wallpaper.jpg' file size was greater than 256kb.
    [BGDFC] Desktop 'Backgrounds' folder has been created.
    [BGDFC] The 'BackgroundDefault.jpg' file was created from 'Wallpaper.jpg'.
    [BGFSN] Note: The 'BackgroundDefault.jpg' file size was greater than 256kb.
    [W8XAP] ==============================================
    [W8XAP] ===[ Main User Account Picture Management ]===
    [W8XAP] ==============================================
    [UBREP] User.bmp replaced.
    [UPREP] User.png replaced.
    [WXAP2] =====================================================
    [WXAP2] ===[ Additional User Account Pictures Management ]===
    [WXAP2] =====================================================
    [UPREP] User-32.png replaced.
    [UPREP] User-40.png replaced.
    [UPREP] User-48.png replaced.
    [UPREP] User-192.png replaced.
    [X8LLR] ====================================
    [X8LLR] ===[ Lock/Login Screen Routines ]===
    [X8LLR] ====================================
    [WX8LS] Lock Screen 'img100' replaced with 'LockScreen.jpg'. Original renamed as img0100.

Still work in progress but the lock screen does change from the Log-On screen if that 'LockScreen.jpg' file is detected within the brand's folder, this is ONLY for W8.1 to 10.

The 256kb note is just for information as that does not affect w8.1+ i will most likely have flags that suppress that message on 8.x and later.

Once i am happy that all works as it should and not affect anything else i will give more details.

Hopefully one new 'feature' for v114 MRP :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Bringing the updates, as usual:D

Do you guys and girls remember I had issues deploying V1809 with MRP earlier? I got a "Something went wrong OOBEEULA" error and I couldn't do anything.
    The past days I've been experimenting once again and found that when Im not using MRPConfig.ini everything works perfectly.

Now, I/we would need to know if any option in that config would cause an issue with EULA or OOBE? I find it highly unlikely tho.
    Attached is a list of all options I ticked Yes for. I can probably see BlockCortana doing something fishy.

Attached Files:

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you share the ini file?

I had some issues with oobe errors before, but with full ticked (test) ini's, but only when i applied the image, using a specific script, murphy78's diskpart and image apply script, not when using the normal windows setup. I solved that issue by first installing the os in audit mode, sysprpep and capture it, now it works using that script too :)

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #4987 tcntad, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Its attached. Im not using any script like murphy yet. In the attached I've set blockcortana to no.

Edit: It was not BlockCortana and searh continues tomorrow

Attached Files:

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Nope, never used W8. Must've accidentally ticked it somehow

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I have been careful to make sure that the MRP's .ini can be universally created for all supported OS's, so that if a option is not designed for what is being installed then it will be ignored during the Windows installation.

So for example anything designed for W8.1 that is not possible/needed etc on other OS's like the 'Thin Borders' it will be auto ignored on any other OS.

If the OOBE EULA failure message only happens on Windows 10, it may be one of the 'Safe Apps' removals, as Windows is so picky on removing them these days. It may even be a timing problem... :g:

I have encountered that error, and another very similar to it, a couple of times.

Just guessing it is one of the 'safe apps' -- but because it not do it constantly, this makes pin pointing the fault awkward.

Once it can be nailed to a particular option i can put a warning note/message popup when that option is selected. Or have it auto disable a known problem option when combined with another that causes that error to happen during install...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Since Im using MDT its a "LiteTouch" variant.
    Its weird. I tried both on a clean ISO and my updated. I'll keep looking

Im going through changes and will soon try those bloody apps! I dont know why MS put those apps there, they're horrific.
    Its just annoying and you shoudnt worry too much about it for now:)

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I'm sure m$ just like to mess with us :D

11. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #4994 tcntad, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Thats what MS does all the time

Its one of the fckers causing the issue:
    Block Ads
    Remove Edge shortcut
    Dont allow Update
    Diagnostic Never

Edit: May have noticed something weird, 1 or 2 last syspreps wallpapers wasnt set
    Edit2: Replaced OEM-folder and it seems fine now.
    last option Im trying now is "BlockAdverts" All else didnt cause an error. WinTel.cmd is present

Edit3: BlockAdverts=Yes caused the issue!
    I will try one more time with Wintel removed and one time with my regular settings ticked

Edit4: Going back to initial MRPConfig and unticking Blockadverts fails! Also fails with BlockCortana.

Edit5: 12 May
    Now its even dumber! Now I can only have General Options selected. Nothing else

FUUUU MS

12. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 114 Progress report...

Have sorted the use of a separate "Lock Screen" image for Windows 10!

Windows 8.1 may not work as expected so MRP will ignore changing the Lock Screen via this new method for that OS.

More details later..

Also testing a new Win 10 (19H1+) option - disable the 'over the top' blurred log on background screen - So far results have been promising. :)

A revert script for the new option will be added in the "\Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts\Windows10_Kernels" folder if required once it has passed all testing and m$ not decide to remove that policy!

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 114 is at Test Version 8 and is close to Release Candidate 1 status. :)

QT 95 is at RC5 and soon be ready...

Quite a bit of code updates done internally, also some extra tidying and enhanced error checking etc.

More details a bit later...

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 114 is now at RC1 :)

Regarding the changes (may of already mentioned them in previous post(s) but here in a little more detail):

1. This is for Windows 10 Only. From v114 you can have a image file called LockScreen.jpg in the brand folder of your choice that is an image different to the Wallpaper ('log-on' screen), if that new file is detected then MRP will use that for the lock screen image. The 'Log-on' screen will still be the Wallpaper.jpg as normal. Image dimensions/resolution usually are 1920 x 1200, but i think anything lower or higher is auto converted to what the OS requires.

If the file size is greater than 1.9MB then a message line will appear in the project.log file, this is for info only, as if you go above 2MB it can take a few seconds for the OS to convert/trans-code the file for it to be displayed for the first time. This is OS controlled and nothing to do with the project.

2. New Win 10 Only option: Remove that over the top blurred 'log-on' background image display for 19H1+. A revert script will be available if you wish to change it back to the blurry vision again. This is a working option at the moment but m$ may remove that method to un-blur the image in the future.

3. Fixed a weird glitch with some Editions, (such as Enterprise), that if using the default OS key, (ie no PID.txt or key entered during setup), it would show the KMS standard date/time information by mistake. Now MRP 114+ will just inform you that the key used, be it the default or 'other' key, is invalid and not usable to activate.

4. MRPConfigCreator/Editor has been updated to v19.0 to include the new W10 option in #2 above. Also some new tool tip data on various options where needed.

ETA for v114 ~~ before the end of the month*.

Query Tool v95.0 ~~ Within next 3 to 4 days*.

Other additions/changes may appear by the time the project(s) are released.

* Times shown are approximate.

16. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    You know you can take a day to rest lol