Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Just FYI, Mr Gibson re-released InSpectre release #8 in April 2019. From what I can see, it's unchanged feature-wise, but is signed with a new SHA2 certificate (old: SHA1 only). Might be a good idea to include the new version if not already done.

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Already added :)

The '/Probe' bit-wise results which i parse for the data are the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 114 is now at RC6 stage.

Updated the Mel/Spec part same as the next QT, when a AMD cpu is detected it will just mention about Spectre, (even the header and line references auto adjusts). :)

Not too long now before it will be ready for release.

May even upload the new QT as a fair bit of work been done, not just on the above section.

As mentioned the License Channel part is moved to its own line and hopefully should show the correct product channel, it uses 3 methods to check now, two via WMIC and one via the old 'slmgr /dli' as a fall back if one or both of the WMIC ones fail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v114 has finally completed all testing stages and will hopefully be released later today!

QT 96.0 will also be released at same time as quite a few changes have been made and some issues addressed or fixed since the 95.0 version a few days ago.

I am sorting the change log(s) and preparing the archives, plus one set of last install tests to make sure i not missed anything before releasing.

Sorry MRP 114 took a bit longer than i had expected, due to many factors and failed results which needed to be sorted and pass my scrutiny.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    No need to apologize. It's ready when it's done.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v114.0 and Query Tool v96.0 have been uploaded, 2nd post's download links, passwords and hashes have been updated. :)

+ Fixed a strange bug with Enterprise/Education etc Editions that are KMS capable which may show the KMS data by mistake when no valid key, (or the default OS key), was used.

+ Added new option for Windows 10 (builds 19H1/1903 onward) to remove the blurred log-on screen background.

+ Windows 10 Only: If you wish to have a Lock Screen image different to the Log-On screen, simply place the new image named as LockScreen.jpg within the brand's folder where Wallpaper.jpg/User.bmp etc is located. MRP will detect the image and use the LockScreen.jpg file instead of the usual Wallpaper.jpg found.

+ Fixed a rare 'hanging' bug in certain installations. Thanks @cerede2000 for testing and reporting it 'fixed'.

+ Updated MRPConfigCreator/Editor to v19.0 to cover any new options and some slight new wording on some options/tooltips.

+ Adjusted the Meltdown/Spectre results to reflect that AMD CPU's are not prone to Meltdown and so only Spectre data is shown for those processors if detected. The header information is auto-adjusted for Intel/AMD and other CPU types.

+ Fixed the Product Key Channel data which did not always show.

+ Processor information: If more than one CPU is detected then the results shown are for the first one only.

+ Various internal code optimizations which include some updated log text output.

Released as v96.0 as quite a bit of internal changes have been made.

+ Adjusted the Meltdown/Spectre results to reflect that AMD CPU's are not prone to Meltdown and so only Spectre data is shown for those processors if detected. The header information is auto-adjusted for Intel/AMD and other CPU types.

+ Fixed the Product Key Channel data which did not always show, also moved that to a new line to allow for future expansion.

+ The MAC Address is now partially shown on the saved report, the first three numbers (Manufacturer) and the very last number to allow identification but not enough to make it easy to 'spoof'.

+ Processor information: If more than one CPU is detected then the results shown are for the first one only.

+ Various code optimizations and a some rewording done here and there.

9. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Windows Spotlight can be very fussy and easily breaks. It can be for many reasons, host file blocking/Ip blocking via Route commands, blocking adverts may be one cause with MRP.

Sadly i cannot seem to revert it even with all registry entries put back to 'default' :g:

12. IT-Mind

IT-Mind MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2015
    hi there i have a question and it might be stupid sorry for that in advance
    when i download the project what i need to do in order for my windows 10 1903 to get automatic oem theme and logo

i tried extract oem's.zip and but the $oem$ in the windows flash drive and nothing happend after the format of my other pc
    so what im doing wrong here

is there a guide or steps to do that please help me

ty for your help in advance

13. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Its been shown many times but you simply drag and drop the entire $OEM$ folder from the zipfile to USB/DVD root\Sources

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5076 mxman2k, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    (OP)
    Basically:

1. Download the project's zip file.
    2. Use 'Extract To', it will extract to a folder of the same name.
    3. Locate the folder called $oem$ drag or copy/paste this folder into the Sources folder on the ISO/USB.

If your pc came with Windows 8.x/10 you may have a MSDM key within the BIOS which will cause setup to ignore the project, to prevent this, you need the ei.cfg file from the:

<Current_name_of_MRP_archive>\Optional\Retail.txt-PID.txt-ei.cfg\[win8.x-win10 only] folder.

Copy this ei.cfg file to the Sources folder on your Windows ISO/USB, this little file will tell Windows Setup to not look at the MSDM internal key and present you with a list of Editions to install. The list of Editions shown will depend on the ISO/Image example if Consumer or Business, or if the user has edited the image to add/remove extra Editions etc.

If you wish to install say Professional, choose this from the list presented.

Most Win 8.x/10 OEM branded Consumer computers have a MSDM for Home/Core editions, if you wish to install the same Edition which came with the computer simply select it from the list, for example in this case: Home.

Windows Setup will detect MRP and will be run automatically to brand your computer with the wallpapers, logo's etc - Providing the project can detect what brand the computer is, it should insert the wallpaper, logo's and user images to match.

There is no need to extract the oems.7z file as the project will auto extract it during its processing, providing it is present within the projects \Sources\$oems$\$$\Setup\Scripts folder by default.

If you use the MRPConfig/Editor program to 'tweak' your setup, the MRPConfig.ini file that is generated when you save your selected options, must be placed within the \Sources\$oems$\$$\Setup\Scripts folder next to the Decompile.exe, Oobe.cmd for it to work.

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Updated/Edited previous post for clarity.

For Windows Vista/7 and majority of Server OS's the details are the same, just ignore the spoiler part about MSDM as this is not needed on those OS's.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Build Number is from a REG query of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion > CurrentBuild

Build Information is from a REG query of HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion > BuildLabEx

The QT only shows what values, (if non zero), in those area's, so it must be a fault of M$ or something within the OS on how it obtains the data to put there, the QT just reads the info present. :g: