Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
  2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Well, that's settled, then. :)

3. testcainao

testcainao MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2015
  4. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    WoW this remind me the times when I started working with WOAT OEM/KMS Activator with few of the OG Members OPA,DAZ,CODYQX4,oh man those times where golden. BTW Coming back guys. and to OP Keep it up.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Work has begun on MRP 115 and QT 97 :)

In MRP so far only header bits have been updated in the log - which was fun to get aligned nicely.

QT a few little changes mainly in the Office detection routine, hopefully now will show the SKU ID and the last 5 digits of the detected Office product key.

If all goes to plan the QT will show something like this for any MS Office detected :-
    Code:
    Microsoft Office           : MS Office 2010 [Within Grace Allowance]
    Stock Keeping Unit ID      : 6f327760-8c5c-417c-9b61-836a98287e0c
    Product Key Last 5 Numbers : H3GVB
    Activation Time Remaining  : 30 Days / 43200 Minutes {Approx} 

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Hunter3000

Hunter3000 MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    I got problem with this oem package - installing on various laptops with windows 10 does not install any of OEM branding, also seems that mrpconfig file also does nothing. Everything is placed in sources folder ($OEM$\... etc.) like in instruction provided.
    Using USB stick in UEFI mode with Windows 10 1903 latest build.
    What I'm doing wrong?
    Windows 7 branding with settings is properly installing (on laptops and PCs)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If the computer you are installing Windows on came with either Windows 8.x or 10 pre-installed such as Acer, Dell, Lenovo etc then unless you use the ei.cfg file (found within the MRP archive - Optional folder), then the windows setup will ignore the project. The ei.cfg tells the Setup.exe of Windows to ignore the MSDM internal bios key and look for oobe.cmd etc which then will run the project.

It has been explained many times and is documented in the readme's.

8. Hunter3000

Hunter3000 MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Ok i think i got it - i need ei.cfg in sources to bypass uefi bios key and install OEM branding? If i want to choose from Home and Pro this setting will be ok?:

Code:
    [Channel]
    _Default
    [VL]
    But says VL, what if i want activate by OEM key from bios? Need to change to OEM or leave VL?

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    yes copy the ei.cfg to Sources folder on the usb/iso.

Ignore the VL part for normal use as majority are OEM/Retail installations and the VL part is for specific Editions such as LTSB/C...

If your pc has say MSDM for Home and you have used the ei.cfg which then gives you the list of Editions available to install, then you install Home from that list, the project will auto detect this and insert the MSDM key in the bios for the Edition as it would via a normal untouched iso image.

Likewise if your msdm is Home and you install Professional then the project will *NOT* insert the Home MSDM key. I have made it so that the project will not insert the MSDM key if it does not match the Edition installed.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I'm still updating the Office error code database.:oops:

0x4004F040 will be:

This is for information purposes only, as the status is licensed.

But the code really means, (Which can be ignored safely):

The Software Licensing Service reported that the product was activated but the owner should verify the Product Use Rights.

11. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Hello,
    I was looking through the MRPConfig.ini because I was looking for where you would name your Device. I remember doing this a while ago. Was it put on another location?

ABOUT_THIS_PC.JPG

I would appreciate any and all help.
    Thank you....

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    @vze2mp9g I'm sure we have gone over this a few times :g: but i will explain it again...

The Device Name, or Computer Name, is not changeable within MRP itself via any options, this is because it can cause major problems with the OS, mainly failed boots with BSOD's etc if something is not set right.

I took the decision not to add that option/feature because of the potential problems that can happen.

There is a manual script found in the Project's archive within Optional>MiscExtraScripts>General , which can change the Computer Name AFTER the OS has been installed, but it is far easier and safer to change it via the 'System Properties' window within the OS.

Use that Computer rename script at your own risk!

As with all the 'extra' manual scripts these are NOT for use within MRP/Oobe stage, if you attempt to force the use of them and cause problems with your OS installation, then you are on your own.

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012

How do I rename a user or can you create a script ?

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Altering the username is something i would not want to do via command line/scripting, i think it is possible, but that can really screw things up if it goes wrong, such as totally locking you out the OS etc.

Due to that nature of fine error control required i sadly will not be adding change user name.

Maybe when i get time to create the stand-alone branding/tweaker it can be added, as then the OS will already be running and some extra coding can be added which is not reliant on command script or Powershell. :)

15. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  16. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012