Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    maybe enterprise is not a edition to be upgraded to anything higher so it probably defaults to disabled. I didn't think of that :D a cosmetic cock up, err, i mean error :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Will probably be erected, err, corrected in future versions? ;)

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Yeah something for a rainy day :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5206 mxman2k, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    (OP)
    Odd how it not used the Acer theme as all the info in the log says the relevant Acer theme parts have copied over and no corruption of the OEM's folder contents... :g:

If there was some permission problem the log would state that x, y or z elements have failed to transfer...

There wasn't any 'tweaks/editing' done to the ISO/image prior to using MRP ?

6. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Makes you scratch you head. lol

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    sure does as Acer is one brand we have a lot of in the UK and was the main one i tested ages ago (until that Acer X1301 went to pc heaven), i know all brands have been updated slightly with new images/logos etc but they are all exactly the correct names and resolutions etc...

Will have to see if i have an Acer about or a board i can change the DMI to match that Aspire...

But as i mentioned, nothing in the log says there was any failure to copy any logo's, backgrounds etc as all copy functions have error checks... :g:

I will blame it on the weather :D:D

8. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012

NONE at all. I used a Fresh ISO from UUP Dump. Then I decided to use a Flash drive to install 18362.239 that I knew worked withe the new OEM project and I had the same issue. I'm going to go back to the previous OEM to see what happens. I'll post later.
    Thank you.
    :wallhead:

9. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    UPDATE

Okay, I went back to the last version, and I had the same issue. Then I I disconnected from the internet and logged on and everything was okay. Then I connected to the internet and logged on as a new user, and everything worked.

Conclusion. When I installed Windows and logged on my Microsoft Account, I found out that my account settings weren't synced correctly. This was because I had issues with my Apple iPhone XS Max. I called Apple, they told me that I had to installed the latest version of iTunes (which I reluctantly did because iTunes takes up a lot of resources). Then the Apple representative wanted to "Share my Screen" (which required me to download a small file so they can see what was going on). Then they told me I had to install the latest Windows Updates so iTunes could reset my iPhone. So I did, and it didn't work. Then I uninstalled iTunes.

After that, I believe that screwed up my MS Account, which I really didn't think it affected the OEM project. What knows.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Another reason i not use my M$ account to sync things, i remember having a similar problem, but it was with screwed up passwords and login details it had 'saved'.

To be honest i didn't think that a m$ account stored the OEM details either, makes you wonder what amount of stuff it does store!

I remember iTunes on a friends PC, when he upgraded his iPhone the hassle to transfer stuff over was enough to put anyone off. :D

11. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    From what I know about M$ account, it also stores your All paper settings as Well. I really don't use the M$ account for syncing my settings, but I use OneDrive to store all my M$ Word, Access files, which also stores on my computer. If, some how my SSD & HDD gets screwed up. I can rely on the OneDrive to have my files.

I know for a fact that you don't need to install iTunes to update your iPhone / iDevices. You can go into settings to update an iPhone.. I also use the iCloud to keep backups for my iPhone. It's done automatically.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why not just sign in at the separate apps instead of the full windows login?

13. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    I was just thinking about that. Can you tell me how to take my mypic.jpg and put it in the OEM's.7z file ?

Thank you.

14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    What is the mypic.jpg ? is it a desktop background or the user tile/picture ?

As the answer depends on the type of picture file.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If it will be a user picture file then it can be a bit more complex due to size limitations etc, if too small it will look fuzzy , too large and it gets cropped and looks awful!

Changing picture file is easiest via the PC settings app.

17. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    When win10 first became released, I used this project but forgot I used sync and one drive enabled and when I redid my computer all the old images were replaced from the sync and one drive. Since then I have not used it anymore and project always works like it should.

18. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    #5220 vze2mp9g, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    MY_AVATAR_192x192.jpg

Would I convert it to USER.bmp or USER810.bmp?

Also, in the OEM file how would I have WALLPAPER2.jpg set as default desktop wallpaper? I dislike WALLPAPER.jpg.

Thank you...