Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5301 mxman2k, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    (OP)
    regarding:

2) hopefully the next MRP release will sort that out.

3) No option to turn off (hide) the search icon/box from the taskbar is in MRP at this time...

Here is a simple tweak to hide the search icon.
    Code:
    REM Search Icon on taskbar = Hidden...
    Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "SearchboxTaskbarMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    Reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" /v "SearchboxTaskbarMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Restart the Explorer.exe process or sign-out then back in or reboot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bundyal

bundyal MDL Junior Member

Jun 28, 2014
    #5302 bundyal, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019

to hide the search icon, is not working ?

I have installed an new windows 10 vmware now.

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    not sure why it not working as it a well known registry tweak :g:

Remember that any HKCU (Hkey_Current_User) entries will NOT work using OOBE.cmd as the hive is not created, but it should via usertweaks.cmd or setupcomplete.cmd as they are run after the user hive has been created.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    :whistling:
    Creator_v23Test.jpg Click image for larger version.

Just thought i would add that option - Win 10 only.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5307 mxman2k, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    (OP)
    Turning off the Windows firewall is not an option i will add in MRP.

Anything that is found to put online safety at risk will be avoided and if any current options are found to cause a security problem it will be removed. Apart from Defender as there are other solutions out there and as we know Defender can be way too aggressive.

But if you wish to turn the Windows firewall off/on (use at your own risk).

Code:
    REM To Turn Off:
    NetSh Advfirewall set allprofiles state off

REM To Turn On:
    NetSh Advfirewall set allprofiles state on

6. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    defender is slow and blocks bile access. i immediately disable it after a windows setup.

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    This is why when you select Defender to be disabled in MRP, i make sure it is disabled and very hard to revert back to working as it not just registry changes, policies changed it is tasks/services as well that are disabled/removed. Hence the warnings when that option is 'ticked' in the creator. :)

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Another W10 option added -- in testing but results are promising :)

Think that is 3 new options added this time -- 132+ and counting... :eek:

More details later...

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5313 mxman2k, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    (OP)
    interesting that MRP says the MSDM table is corrupt yet QT shows all is ok (apart from no brand name).

Both projects use same routine to determine the MSDM table :g:

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP has a more sensitive error checking to prevent any errors from causing the project to abort.

There seems to be a lot more brands using a MSDM table without any brand naming and just the KEY, may be it is cheaper for them that way?

At some point i will re-examine the MSDM routine(s) and see if there is a way to 'fix' the missing brand name part, but it seems like it not a major factor as long as the KEY is valid...

I know using UEFI/GPT can cause the SLIC routines to be confused, may be the MSDM does the same? Will keep an eye on things...

11. JanCerny

JanCerny MDL Senior Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Do not worry about it. Its low-cost Atom Tabletbook with 2 GB RAM and eMMC storage. If you want punnish someone, give him this useless machine. :D

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5316 mxman2k, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    (OP)
    At least it has a 64GB eMMC a 'bit' more space , unlike most cheap low end laptops such as HP Stream's 32GB eMMC, which i am so happy to of sold on.

I will still keep monitoring this new trend of no brand named MSDM tables, not that it matters much to MRP, if it valid for the Edition installed then it is just the key part that is used anyway, but that may change as we know slight changes have already been made to how a SLIC or MSDM is presented to the installed OS.

The only slight downside is that if no DMI data, SLIC branding name or any user 'CustomTheme' selected, then if no brand is in the MSDM either, MRP will use the 'Default' Windows theme for the OS and no branding will occur.

For example on my Lenovo 300 Series Tower, (which came with w10 Home), if w7 is installed then the SLIC is detected but not used as it isn't fully active, as far as i know it is a full SLIC in the bios as can see it when it is hex edited, then if w10 is installed the SLIC Table is totally hidden/ignored!

HP does something similar, i think that is part of the 'dynamic' SLIC Table processing, if it is the older manually added 'Super Static' (SS2/3) or the newer 'Module' types then it is always 'present'.

It's been a while since i messed about with BIOS files, as i eventually got fed up of 'bricked' boards. :D:D

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  15. bundyal

bundyal MDL Junior Member

Jun 28, 2014
  16. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012