Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As you can see MRP 118 is at BC1 (Baseline Candidate) stage.

Once it has passed my scrutiny and I cannot see/find any showstopper bugs etc, then later this evening, (After 7pm GMT), it will finally be released. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  4. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v118.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ Fixed a small oversight in which when on 19h1+ the Cortana icon was still showing on the taskbar when the option to 'Block Cortana' was used, even though clicking it nothing happened. The icon is now correctly hidden when the option is now set to Yes.

+ The disable Defender tweak has been hardened to make sure that it is disabled and stays that way. Note that a OS Upgrade 'over the top' or a possible Cumulative Update may attempt to re-enable it.

+ Added three new 'General OS' options:

1} 'Always Show Menus' basically displays 'File|Edit|View' etc at the top of any folder opened in Explorer for easy access to them. This is for all supported OS's.

2} 'Show Hidden files/folders' this should show all folders and files that are 'Hidden' such as "<BootDrive>:\ProgramData" folder etc. It may not show any 'Super Hidden' items.

3} 'Shortcut Arrow Design' this allows you to choose from 'No Arrows', 'Classic/Small', 'Large' and 'OS Default' that last one is used if nothing is selected or other error. This is experimental and may not always perform correctly as it depends on the OS and any later Windows Updates which could alter certain internal registry entries used. Please note that 'Large' is VERY large it almost takes over all the icon it is on!

+ Added new Windows 10 {RS5+} option: Use the 'PrtScn' keyboard button to initialize the OS's 'Snipping Tool' App. If you have disabled or removed the Snipping Tool then this will have no effect.

+ Updated the Creator {v23} for the above new options and other changes as follows:

a} There is a slight redesign on the first 'General' tab there is now a button to click to show any User entered data for the Drive and Model names etc which is now shown in a separate popup window.

b} If you now load a previous 'MRPConfig.ini' file if it is next to the program, then when saving, it will now save in the same location as the original loaded config '.ini' - it will automatically OVERWRITE the original configuration '.ini' file, however you can change the location on the 'save' requester window, if required, so not to overwrite the old config file.

c} If the screen/display resolution is less than '1024 x 768' the Creator program will show a popup message stating that the program cannot work in less than the required resolution shown and will exit.

+ Enhanced the MSDM key and MSDM Brand name routine to hopefully be more acurate and less failures to obtain the name etc. Used four methods to obtain the data required, if it is available.

+ Added information about the installed OS's Edition 'Type':

1} 'Created Virtually' = Basically those not usually found in any original M$oft Consumer/Business ISO/ESD -- unless you 'create' that specific Edition.

2} 'General' = Normally available Edition not created by the User.

3} Other Types include 'HoloLens', 'China Related/Government', 'Teams' etc.

+ Wintel.cmd has had a little update too with some new tweaks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bundyal

bundyal MDL Junior Member

Jun 28, 2014
    mxman2k You are the best.

7. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    mxman2k your my hero. lol :)
    Keep up the good work.

8. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  9. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5379 mxman2k, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    (OP)
  13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    :oops: i forgot to highlight the new option's log entry , updated previous post to show the text in the log.

As always - the wording may change by the time of baseline release.

Note the warning Oulook may not connect to any mail server if this option is enabled, but i am sure it is only for hotmail.*, outlook.com and older msn.com servers that may be affected.

It should connect after a few seconds after a boot up or reboot cycle of the PC, as i not use m$ Outlook for emails i cannot guarantee all is ok, but if you are using metered option too then it plays up anyway!

It's just another avenue that m$ could exploit to obtain data, who knows - it would transmit your IP address anyway when it connects to the NCIS system that the 'Probing' item uses to see if your internet connection is working.

The Yellow ! will show for about 5 to 10 seconds on every bootup or reboot cycle when the option is used, as i have to allow a small timeout to prevent the OS from totally blocking any internet access.

Using the Troubleshooter could reset the system back to using the NCIS reg entries even a 'sfc /scannow' may.

I have yet to test Win7 but on win 8.x/10 it does prevent that 'possible' data leak avenue.