Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5482 mxman2k, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    (OP)
    Here is a current list of Server Editions that can be OEM SLP activated by MRP...
    Server 2008 (Vista based):
    ======================
    ServerStandard
    ServerEnterprise
    ServerEnterpriseV
    ServerSBSPrime
    ServerSBSStandard
    ServerStorageStandard

===========================================================================================
    2008 R2 (Win 7 based):
    ===================
    ServerStandard
    ServerEnterprise
    ServerSBSStandard
    ServerWinFoundation
    ServerHomeStandard
    ServerSolution
    ServerDatacenter
    ServerHomePremium

===========================================================================================
    2012 (Win 8.0 based):
    ==================
    ServerStandard
    ServerSolution
    ServerWinFoundation
    ServerDatacenter
    ServerStorageStandard
    ServerStorageWorkgroup
    ServerMultiPointStandard
    ServerMultiPointPremium

2012 (Win 8.1 based):
    ==================
    ServerStandard
    ServerDatacenter
    ServerStorageStandard

Server 2016 (Win 10 based):
    =======================
    ServerStandard
    ServerSolution
    ServerStorageStandard
    ServerDatacenter

Server 2019 (Win 10 based):
    =======================
    ServerStandard
    ServerDatacenter
    Others may be added as and when available, but for now that is the ones tested.

There are other keys around but unsure if they are 100% genuine OEM-SLP or 'generated' so those are not included.
    The ones within MRP's database have been verified as genuine, this is why the list covered may not show all OEM activatable Editions.

Plus i need a break from Server installs :D

Side note:
    It appears that Server 2019 has a MSDM license channel on 'some' Editions:

ServerStandard
    ServerDatacenter
    ServerSolution (Essentials)

MRP does NOT currently check any MSDM table for Servers - it may in the future when, or if, that licensing channel is used.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 119 is at RC2 stage and very soon to Baseline Candidate... On course for release by end of this week. :)

Took a bit longer to get to this stage because of the Server SLIC issue, hopefully that is now behind us and moving forward...

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  5. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  6. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5489 mxman2k, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    (OP)
    i had forgot about the Insert-MSDM-Early option :oops: nice to see it working correctly :D

Plus in this case it didn't insert the 'Core' MSDM key, which would of switched the Edition from the Installed Professional to Home/Core.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v101 will be ready for tomorrow :)

Taking a break tonight.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5492 mxman2k, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    (OP)
    Hmm odd they are appearing - the office links in the start menu....

m$ must of changed the appX naming in the later builds, or via some integrated CU?...

I will look into it, but as the code for MRP 119 is virtually all done i may not have time to get it all sorted for this release.

I am guessing m$ office has not been pre-installed during setup as that would add any icons/tiles to the menu.

As for the browser resetting stuff i have not had that appear for a very long time, in my case that was due to one of my personal tweaks that the OS not like - pre-installing Chrome and changing the defaults from Edge. M$ not like us wrestling with those sort of changes!

*edit* remember MRP has a 'Slim' Start Menu option which removes all tiles that are shown on the 'Large' part of the menu, it should just then give you a clean 'almost' like a slim Win7 type Start Menu...

I have tweaked the code that removes the current set of 'Safe' Apps this should now cover ALL new users created later on and not just the main user... Will need a bit of extra testing but i have just installed a test BC2 MRP and none of the Apps i selected to remove was shown.

I also notice that you posted the same question within the MSMG thread, as i am not aware of the method's used in that project which remove the Apps, therefore i cannot help with that side as some of the removals could cause MRP to malfunction which has been mentioned many times about 'editing' the WIM image(s).

10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5496 mxman2k, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    (OP)
    MRP 119 BC4a has a new W10 19H1+ only option ;)

With preliminary testing, (after a couple of crashes :oops: - my fault for missing a " off a variable check), the option appears to work nicely and i am sure a few people will make use of it without having to use or mess about with a (Auto)Unnattend.xml file. :D

More details later....

13. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    yeah no installed ms office those shortcuts are just links opened in edge redirecting to outlook.com and office.com
    i have been using msmg toolkit along side with multi-oem project for long time now and i have never had anything like that or any problem at all
    but for that edge problem it happens to me before i think it's something related to msmg toolkit and i think it was mentioned before in that topic
    i just hate windows 10 -_-

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Windows 10 is ok once its tamed, but m$ is like a nasty dog and bites back :D:D

But the Slim-Menu option would remove all tiles and only anything you install later and add to the start menu will show in that large side, otherwise it all should stay gone off there.

The slim menu option is on the Win 10 {1} tab , 3rd option up from the bottom of the list.

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v101.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ Updated SLIC detection routine.

+ Added StorageSense Policy data, this will show if enabled and if the download folder section is enabled and if so, how many days for any auto deletion. Win10 RS2+ Only.

+ A few other code tweaks to tidy up or enhance current routines.

Possibly other bits done but i not write down what was done. :oops:

Not a huge amount done for the QT this release as spent a lot of time on the MRP code base which needed more attention to be finished on time.

16. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012