Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I was unsure if it would allow pinning store/UWP apps on the taskbar, but then again m$ may of blocked that policy/reg edit now. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5704 mxman2k, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    (OP)
    Added a new General OS option:

'Manage Power Plans' desktop context menu item - can be found on the 'Extras' tab in the Creator.

ManagePowerPlansCTMenu.jpg

It should be auto-translated into your native OS's language, but i cannot be 100% sure it will translate all the text parts as some use translatable string tables from other system dll files to obtain the wording required.

Have added a bit of error checking in that if certain system dll files are not found then it will not set that option to prevent strange C/Text menu wording etc.

There is a "Remove-ManagePowerPlans-CTMenu " revert script within the 'Optional\Misc_ExtraScripts\General_All_Kernels' folder in the main archive if you wish to later remove the menu entries.

What i thought would be a simple interim release has had new options and some adjusted/moved about. :D:D

Fingers crossed a early Feb release will still happen. :)

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5705 mxman2k, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    (OP)
    So far the testing of the Power Plan option does indeed translate ok, as we cannot test it on all languages there may be a odd one that will be in English by default.

nl-NL (Dutch Translation) courtesy of @Enthousiast test.
    Dutch_Translation.jpg

*edited*
    I am attempting to see if it possible to create a power plan such as High Performance etc for a laptop so that if it not exist then mrp will 'create/add' the scheme required.

This will be totally experimental so may delay release of MRP for a few days longer.... But i understand a lot of people would like this option to work for them.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    News:
    I have managed to create the missing plans on laptops/notebooks etc, now this is experimental and the plans may not show or fail to work as intended, it will do no harm as i have just thrash tested on a laptop, the missing options now appear, in my laptop only 'Balanced' was available before, to show the other two plans you need to click 'Show hidden plans' line, (it will be translated into your OS language if not English).

The missing plans are NOT imported but they are actually in the OS, they are just hidden by the OS i think from RS4 onward this happened for Laptops and 'Balanced' was the only available option. Either way now i have un-hidden them so that they should work as they was originally designed. But m$ may try to hide them again on the next update you install...

So if my test install works then MRP will no longer disable the Power Plans option if a laptop or that chassis type is detected so please ignore the post with that info. ** Edited that post now. **

I was going to add in the 'Ultimate Performance Power Plan' but that can be tricky as it not always really present in the OS and if you force add it then it can really do strange things, so to prevent that happening the 'Ultimate Performance Power Plan' option will NOT be added via MRP -- you can add it in manually if you wish and the code is shown below only the powercfg line is needed, open a admin CMD/PShell prompt and copy/paste the line in, but remember if your OS/Edition does not have that plan in the OS then it could do some very odd things so it is at your own risk if you want to try it on a build lower than 1803.

Code:

REM IMPORTANT:
    REM This option is only truly available in Windows 10 version 1803 (or 17133.x) and later.

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  7. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  8. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v104 (QT) will be released within the next 24 hours :)

MRP 122 will follow soon after - if the BC stages all pass. :)

Query tool will hopefully show the Power Plans available and which is active/selected, note this will not show any custom made ones, it should show Ultimate Performance if that is actually present and set correctly.

example QT log partial...
    Code:
    Power Plans Available      : Balanced, High Performance, Power Saver
    Current Active Plan        : Balanced 

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Code:
    Power Plans Available      : Balanced, High Performance, Power Saver, Ultimate Performance
    Current Active Plan        : Ultimate

11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v104.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ Added Power Plan data, it will only show standard plans not custom ones so only Balanced, High or Ultimate Performance and Power Saver ones others are ignored.

+ Added Localized Language information ie what the OS is currently set to.

+ Fixed some spelling errors.

+ Various other code improvements.

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012