Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. whatever127

whatever127 MDL PHP Wizard

Nov 9, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5723 mxman2k, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    (OP)
    MRP 122 is on track to be released soon :)

Just a few final bits to finish.

QT 104.1 may be released to fix a potential glitch with the Active power plan as on some languages it was not detecting which was active properly due to a strange '*' interpretation, now a more accurate method is used and actually quicker in one way too.

If the Active plan is shown then it should have a {Ref: xx} next to the plan in use, this is to let me know (if you post a report) which method worked.

It not a show stopper just a cosmetic screw up. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  5. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  6. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5729 mxman2k, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    (OP)
    MRP has reached Baseline - just final testing for different languages being done so if all goes to plan it will be later today/evening GMT >7pm for release.

I will also upload the QT 104.1 to hopefully sort the active Power Plan not showing glitch as i have now seen on some reports with 104.0 - fingers crossed that done and dusted too. If the QT cannot determine the active plan then a 'OS default or Customized' line will show instead, as most likely one or the other of those will be what is happening. :)

See post below for extra info about the Power Plan data...

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v122.0 and QTv104.1 have been uploaded, 2nd post's download links, passwords and hashes have been updated. :)

+ Added 3 new options:
    1) Unpin/Hide the 'Store' icon from the Taskbar. {Windows 8.x/10 only}
    This may also prevent pinning of certain UWP Apps to the Taskbar later, but it all depends on the OS's latest updates that may override that registry entry for no pinning.

2) Disable the 'Burn image to disc' feature from C/Text Menus. {General/All}
    This option prevents some messages about x,y,z is ready to burn to a disc when you have not told it to burn anything.

3) Enable the 'Manage Power Plans' desktop context menu. {General/All}
    This will allow the user to select between Balanced, High Performance or Power Saver only. Note that no custom user created plans or the Ultimate Performance plan is shown. This Context Menu should hopefully be auto-translated to your native OS's Language, if that fails it may have some English wording.

+ Updated MRPConfigCreator for the above options and adjusted wording where needed.

+ Added GeoID (Nation/Country) data for ISO and User selected data for later possible helping with debugging any Language issues.

+ Various re-wording throughout the project's log entries.
    Interim release to fix a possible glitch with the active Power Plan detection on some languages. There is a glitch which i cannot fix at this time in that on laptops the active power plan may not show or is shown as 'OS Default or Customized' this is to cover the odd behaviour that the QT cannot 'see' the hidden plans that m$ have done.

Also added new GeoID data to help for future debugging when the ISO/Image's Language was changed or a different Locale/Keyboard setting was used during oobe to the native OS Language.

10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
    #5734 Dubioza Kolektiv, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    @mxman2k

I want the "Always, hide labels" option.

Capture.JPG

12. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Will see what i can do, i thought the 'always combine' (top default) one did that - but then m$ added things called 'badges' which has confused the mix... :g:

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  15. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Is there a way to make a live bootable multi-OEM Windows 7 x64 USB stick or disc so I can run gatherosstate.exe to generate a genuineticket.xml quickly instead of having to go through the whole process of installing 7 just to do that one thing immediately prior to wiping it out to install Windows 10? It's a huge time sink every time I put 10 on an old OEM box that shipped with 7, and the original 7 install is gone or screwed up to where it won't run.

I tried making a Win 7 PE boot USB but gatherosstate just does nothing at all with it. Doesn't run, no error message, unless there's a mismatch between x86 and x64.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    @Galane

Sadly that is a bit off topic for this project.

I know what you mean and i am sure why the WinPE method does not work as intended is because certain system files are not present, such as the licensing part, because WinPE does not require the PC to have a SLIC, (Vista/7/Server), or a MSDM, (8.x/10), for it to function as it is only a 'subset' of the actual OS ie the core part to give the user a interface to 'repair' or use in a very simple manner. Even .net is not present in a standard WinPE which a lot of programs require.

The missing licensing files is why the gatherstate.exe fails no matter if x86/x64 because WinPE does not require any activation as such so the gatherstate.exe will just silently fail.

Not sure if anyone can give pointers on how to make such as OS like 'WinToGo' image/iso that would work, but i can see major problems in the activation stage due to using it on different hardware etc as it would confuse the licensing data/tokens.

17. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Will a multi-OEM Win 10 install and activate on a PC with SLIC for Win 7 or Win 8? I have a multi-OEM Win 7 DVD-R that I got a lot of use out of doing reinstalls on OEM systems that shipped with 7.