Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5741 mxman2k, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    (OP)
    Answer: For win7 No -- But if the PC had win 8.x with a valid MSDM then yes as it will pick up the internal key from the MSDM table.

Otherwise unless there is an established HWID, or you have a genuine retail 7 key, or, a COA key from any license label on the pc you are installing W10 onto that had w7 on, (usually that is a Home Premium etc type - the key is Edition specific so if it a Pro key then it will allow activation of w10 Pro, any Home key will allow W10 Home/Core.).

There are other ways but that is not the aim of this project as it only deals with legal methods of activation and so i cannot discuss that matter further as it is against forum rules.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Working on a new option that may be of use to many :)

Having a few teething problems at moment, but on track to hammering the gremlins into dust that are giving me some grief with the coding for it. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  5. zzzzzing.lala

zzzzzing.lala MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2012
    this message come i have fujitsu lifebook a555 my windows 10 de activate after update how to activate again can any one help

================================================[ OS Licensing Information ]================================================

Licensing Channel {RCode} : VL_KMSClient - {0xC004F056}
    License Status Reason : The Volume Product detected could not be activated using the Key Management Service {KMS}.
    : This maybe because it is a default Volume or other invalid key which cannot be used for activation.

Windows VL Key Management : Not in use.

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5748 mxman2k, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    (OP)
    @zzzzzing.lala

Sounds like one of three things happened:

1 ) Defender or other Antivirus software removed the KMS files.

2 ) The OS update process may of also removed the KMS files used as that can sometimes reset the majority of things to defaults plus removing of non standard OS files. Something like what 'SFC /ScanNow ' does when it encounters something changed from what it likes.

3 ) Auto-renewal was not used and the 'license' expired after the default 180 days and then de-activated Windows.

As KMS is not part of this project i am unable to give more help on this subject.

7. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Defender claims OEM-Sync.exe is a trojan and removes it. (It does the same for things like key finders and other completely harmless utility software Microsoft doesn't like.) So when you put the OEM stuff onto a USB or prepare for burning a disc, you first need to allow Defender to find and remove the file then tell it to restore it and allow on device.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    OEM-Sync.exe was in the original project, (circa 2013-2015), for checking the screen resolution for the wallpaper etc, it was written in AutoIT programming language i believe.

I agree that Defender and most AV's can/will grab any file that is not 'normal' M$ coded and treat them as 'threats', i have even seen the odd m$ coded file being grabbed by Defender too!!

Some parts of MRP and the QT use AutoIT created tools that i made to help with the smooth running of the installation or, in the case of the QT, data gathering for user presentation in the log(s). Nothing is transmitted out of the PC unless the user posts the logs manually. Obviously Defender not like those tools and will actively quarantine/remove them.

Even if i wrote them in the standard 'C#/++' language Defender will nab them too, so no easy way to avoid having something classed as a 'threat' arise.

One reason why i have a disclaimer that if the project was obtained from other links not shown in post #2 or via another website and/or if the hashes not match the ones shown in post #2, then it is NOT safe to use those project files as they may have of been tampered with and i will NOT entertain any conversations about them as i have no idea what has been added.

Note: The hashes shown in post #2 are for the single compressed 7z file(s) and not for any individual file within the archive.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v123.0 is now at Beta 9.

Had to take a few days break due to some personal reasons, it may be on/off working on the project for the next few days but i will make time as and when. :)

10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
  13. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hi,
    Testing last 122 MRP version in a virtual machine I encountered some bugs that weren't there in the tested previous version (I don't remember which one, almost 6 monthes ago) : all options (ie show file extension, show hidden files and folders, unpin mail icon from taskbar, small icons in config panel...) except shortcut arrow & suffix, show Computer and personal folder on desktop, didn't install. I just putted as usual the $OEM$ folder in an untouched ISO of Windows 1909, my setupcomplete.cmd file ran complete (I checked that I didn't delete the script once completed). Since it's a Virtual machine I only created an autounattended xml file with a generic pro key, and putted the corresponding ei.cfg file as usual.
    Here is a screenshot with the problem.
    Any idea ?

Attached Files:

14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you show the log in full and the content of the setupcomplete and xml file used?

Why use an unattend file anyway for inserting a key that isn't even needed?