Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Code:
    [USRD0] The 'defaultuser0' account was present, removal process has started.
    [RDUPM] First method for removal of the 'defaultuser0' account has failed - retrying enhanced removal...
    [RDUPM] Enhanced removal of the 'defaultuser0' account has failed - retrying with standard 'net user' method...
    [RDUWM] Standard 'net user' method removal of the 'defaultuser0' account was successful.
    :g: but it got there in the end -- just shows Powershell is not always as good as people make out ;) so I use the old fashioned methods as a back up - just in case. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As can be seen MRP has reached RC1 and so far all tests are running perfectly.

There are 3 new options in total and a few old ones re-done to fix certain glitches under specific scenarios.

Various updates to the log(s) output to reflect some differences, more so to the debug1 log to help pin point any glitches later, if any reappear again.

There will be no Query Tool (QT) this release cycle, as i have not had enough time to work on that code base because all my time has been taken sorting the MRP code. I will probably release a new QT within this month at some point.

All being well MRP will be baseline released at some point during tomorrow, 12th March GMT. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5786 mxman2k, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    (OP)
    MRP v123.0 Baseline has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes have been updated. :)

+ Hopefully fixed a strange instance where by the un-pin Mail or Store icon options failed to unpin them with other options not/or in use.

+ Fixed remove 3D objects folder where it sometimes did not remove it correctly from the explorer windows.

+ Added new [Win 10 {2}] option to have a Slim Start Menu and a clear Taskbar (as much as can be possible). This will also set the unpin options, that it can affect, if required.
    Note that when using this option the File Explorer may not un-pin from the taskbar, it does but will re-appear on next reboot/logout cycle. Not sure why, but as it not an intrusive icon it not do any harm and may be of use to some. Will see if it is possible to have a clean taskbar totally, however i am sure it not possible as such via XML files.

+ Re-adjusted majority of option location priorities within the main code base.

+ Added new 'extras' option 'Take Ownership' context menu item, by default this will be in English spelling but you can alter that via the [C/T Menus] tab so that you can enter your own spelling if required. This option will pause after any 'ownership' operation you do so that you can check for any errors etc.

+ Added Windows 10 option 'Enable Classic/Legacy Tooltips instead of Toast Notifications' this shows the old balloon tooltips instead of the Action Center's Toasts. This may stop working if Microsoft removes this old feature in the future.

+ Update of the project log output with changed/new information.

+ Updated Creator to have the new options in place, also re-wording of some tooltips etc on some options to make clearer what they do or not do.

+ For the 'Networking Private/Public' option there is a new main icon as the old one sometimes not show correctly. This one should show on any theme clearer.

+ Various code updates done to all areas of the MRP code base, this may slow down the final stages of MRP but this will allow better optimization of the options used. You may see a command window appear while the final stages are being completed, do not close or cancel this window as this may leave your OS in a unstable state and any optimized options will not be set properly. The window will auto close when tasks have completed, should only last a few seconds.

6. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Acrylic design for explorer in this build?!

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    For info on or posts about the builds, not related to mrp, please ask in the appropriate thread.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    only if the OS has it within - MRP does not add anything like that in.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #5791 mxman2k, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    (OP)
  10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Working on the next MRP ( v124 )

Hopefully sorted the Clean Taskbar side of things to prevent the 'File Explorer' icon from returning on a reboot/sign-out cycle. :)

No new options at present...

-------------
    QT v105 in progress too.

15. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    I guess, lots of projects here will make some progress during the next weeks... :thinking:

Please, stay home or you'll become :ill:.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I practically work from home at the moment :)

Although i am in process of setting up my own company, but due to recent events, i have put that on hold for the time being. Although i still do a lot of work via remote access so i have still got some work about. :)

17. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    True, but unfortunately, that doesn't work for everyone. By staying home, we also support the folks who simply can't.