Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6062 mxman2k, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    (OP)
    MRP at BC5 stage - Mainly cosmetic things to finish off, it is a bit more informative when the final oobe stage is done and at the desktop where the 'MRP Add-On Manager' is finalizing bits, the info window should now show where the module is at and what it is doing , sometimes your system maybe too fast and a lot is not shown as i have added very little delays to get your system up and ready asap.

There may be an error about the 'system cannot find a file', this is nothing to worry about as i have tried to mitigate that showing as best as possible and MRP may of deleted a specific test file it is looking for but it not cause any problems, that is mainly shown on slow computers or VM's as it takes a few seconds for things to catch up. :D:D Thanks @Enthousiast for letting me know that was showing - seems like it been there for a long time as i never saw that as rare i use VM's these days. :D

I made these changes as i had reports that the info window was not 'doing anything' and it seemed like the system had froze/paused, that was a slight oversight on my part as i had a redirect to null by mistake on a lot of echo to screen commands and that prevented a lot of info not showing. :oops:

MRPCreator has been signed off as complete.

Query Tool will soon be too.

All on course for release by the end of this week, bar any major problems with the code or my work schedule. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  4. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  5. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  6. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  7. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    A bit late :oops: but finally here :D

MRP v127.0 Baseline has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes have been updated.

+ Added 'WindowsDefault' selectable 'custom theme' so that the user can have MRP ignore ALL theme processing, which is like if there was no OEM's.7z file present. All other operations such as SLIC_Certificate+SLPKey/MSDM actions and any MRP user selected options used will be processed as normal, only the branding/theme will be ignored. Saves having to delete that file and replace when no themes are required.

+ Added new General/Extra options:
    1> Show 'Status Bar' lines of data, for Notepad and Explorer windows, for NotePad however it does turn 'off' Word-Wrap, as you cannot have both options 'on' within Notepad windows - this does not affect Explorer windows. Note it also does not affect WordPad as that a different application.

2> 'Enable Snipping Tool' Context menu for easy access to this tool, it should be auto translated into the native OS Language. The 'Clipboard' item will save the area you select to the clipboard ready to be pasted into any program you are using, no save option will be shown when you select that mode.

3> Show 'Disk Clean-Up' context menu for connected drives to allow easy access to this tool. Should be auto-translated for the native OS Language. The wording may change slightly depending on the OS installed, Windows 10 may just be called 'Clean-Up'.

+ Windows 10 Only options:
    1> Enable Long Paths' {RS1/14393+} - this allows paths longer than the standard 260 character limit. This is for NTFS and will not work on FAT32 file systems.

2> {Advanced Option} - Remove the 'Turn on/off Bitlocker' context menu item, this usually only shows when a drive can be or is/was already a Bitlocker available one. This does NOT remove any files from the OS only the c/text menu item line.

3> Turn Off 'Share Across Devices For Apps' -- This sets the item within the Settings App to OFF and My Devices Only. It also prevents changing it by mistake. There is a revert script available if you wish to use this feature later.

+ MRPConfigCreator has been updated to v32.0 to cover the new options above.

+ Quite a few changes in the code base has been applied to adjust for the new 'WindowsDefault' selectable 'theme', plus other slight code updates made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Seems the new QT missed the bus to the release party? ;)

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The qt is ready it just time been against me :( i will get it uploaded and released later today once i get home.

The main project was the one to get out the door first as i know many was looking forward to some of the new options.

Seeing the download count ten minutes after release jump to over 100 i think a lot was waiting. :D

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v107.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes have been updated. :)

+ Shuffled some result lines to be more comprehensive and 'together'.

+ Added Defender's 'Auto Quarantine' status if it is set or not. This will only show if Defender's service is 'active'.

+ Minor tidy up of the code.

Note some graphic card memory information may still not show the correct amount on some internal or external ones. This is still an on-going operation to obtain that data better.

There may be other changes in wording or results, sadly lost my notes so not all bits are listed that has been done.

14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6076 mxman2k, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    (OP)
    Not sure why defender name is not always shown, will check when i get home from work.

It may be another quirk with wmic :g:

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    It is quite possible that the WMIC results are getting confused, i have now put into place two methods to obtain the Security names, 1st via vbs script and the 2nd via the current wmic way, so if one fails hopefully the other will pick something up. :)

That will be for the next QT release as uploading this 107.1 is not really worth it at the moment.

.vbs code used:
    Code:
    Dim objWMIServiceAV,objAntiVirusProduct,colItems
    Dim strdisplayName

Set objWMIServiceAV = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\SecurityCenter2")
    Set colItems = objWMIServiceAV.ExecQuery("Select * from AntiVirusProduct")

For Each objAntiVirusProduct In colItems
        strdisplayName = (objAntiVirusProduct.displayName)
        wscript.echo strdisplayName
    Next
    A few extra bits of coding is required for the original WMIC method which is a possible cause of 'None' being shown due to the results being parsed to ignore the 'displayname' entry. :g:

The vbs method auto ignores that entry so it should be more efficient. :)

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009