Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mataghandi

mataghandi MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    Deflaut walpaper do not work on Windows 10 Home .

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  6. mataghandi

mataghandi MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Please use [code]txt here[/code] tags:)

Should show up as:
    You've probably used custom theme instead of windowsdefault.

8. mataghandi

mataghandi MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    I have a costum theme, but just do not work in windows home, but work fine in professional, enterprisee, etc.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    On Home it needs a reboot for the custom theme to be shown.

Did you provide the custom theme folder with the files in the OEM's.7z file?

10. mataghandi

mataghandi MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    In the script ?

cd %~dp0
    attrib -r -a -s -h *.*
    SHUTDOWN /R /T 10

Yes

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hmm odd that your custom theme not work on Home/Core edition, only the odd Insider build would screw up, but that was due to some internal change that m$ made on those particular preview releases, i have added a fix ages ago for that so it should not happen.

If the theme works ok on Pro etc then unless something is set wrong within the .theme, .reg or .xml files that is non standard that could cause failures -- but the theme layout has not really changed much, but one 'marker' within the .theme file, as shown below, is important:

[MasterThemeSelector]
    MTSM=DABJDKT

DABJDKT is for Vista/7/8.x/10.

[MasterThemeSelector]
    MTSM=RJSPBS

RJSPBS is for 8.x/10 ONLY and will NOT work for OS's below 8.x , this allows more theme tweaking within the .theme file, but you will need to research this as the project's OEM brands are designed to be all supported OS compatible.

I have ran a win 10 (Home) install test with a custom theme i created and it all worked as expected on Home/Core (en-GB), however Language should not be a issue.

Does your custom theme require any modified system files for the theme to work, ie uxtheme tweaks? if so then that is beyond the project as that is a 3rd party issue that i cannot help with.

Also having a forced reboot using the ShutDown command can cause a few issues as once the system reboots the cleanup routine instantly kicks in and WILL remove all traces of the project files and anything within and including the 'Scripts' folder itself.

It is better to wait until the desktop appears and then reboot manually, as using the shutdown.exe command will trigger the cleanup routine , remember not all computers are fast and that some bits are still being processed in the background.

Home/Core seems to have more internal services etc than Pro and above which makes Home/Core Editions take a bit longer to finalize , so you need to factor in extra time for those 'extras' to complete.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. mataghandi

mataghandi MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2020
    After reboot work fine...

Custom = custom theme

Thank you very much ...

Big Hug from Portugal

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6116 mxman2k, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    (OP)
    MRP v128 is in Test Candidate stage 1 :)

Added 3 new 'Control Panel' view options:

All OS:
    1) Add 'Disk Management' item - allows easy access to the 'Virtual Disk Manager'.

Win 10 Only:
    2) Add 'All Tasks' - i know it is on other options within MRP but this is 'slightly' different.
    3) Add 'User Manager' this is the same as 'Classic User Accounts' but could not find exact wording in the lookup tables.

All the above *should* auto translate to the native OS Language along with any tool tips.

The two win 10 ones i could not add under 7/8.x as the wording all went wrong, also they did not function as intended, so set them to 10 only.

The options above will only be available until M$ remove the Control Panel as we know it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    At least it defaulted to English, as sometimes if there is no table lookup it will either be a blank entry or some @xxxxx.xxx sort of data shown.

'User Manager' may not of been translated by M$ as technically it should of - if it was present. :g:

As 'Classic User Accounts' is not present in any of the tables i chose 'User Manager' instead so not to clash with the already present 'User Accounts' item.

Will take a look tomorrow and see if i can find the right table part :)

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Have taken another peek at the translation and i have changed which file's table is used for the title wording, so now what was the 'User Manager' before will now be named as 'Manage User Accounts' - hopefully this time it will be translated correctly. :)

It will still open 'User Accounts' but a different part of that section that has extra features/options - AKA 'Classic User Accounts' which sadly there are no translation look up table(s) for that exact wording. *sigh*

Testing continues.....