Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    All being well MRP 128.0 will be released tomorrow as not enough time to get the change log sorted and then get everything archived etc before i have to go work, so it will have to wait until i get in tomorrow morning to get it all put together and uploaded etc :)

Took a bit longer than i had intended as a few things took the time to get right plus my work schedule not help and online staff meetings...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v128.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes have been updated. :)

+ Adjusted code to show 'KiB', 'MiB', 'GiB' etc on the memory units display.

+ Fixed some missing '##' / '**' / '$$' explanation information.

+ Added General All OS options:
    1} Add 'Disk Management' item within the Control Panel view, this allows easy access to the 'Virtual Disk Manager'.

2} Added 'Disk Management' item within Control Panel to allow easy access to the 'Virtual Disk Manager'.

+ Added new W10 options:
    1} 'Add Manage User Accounts' in the Control Panel view, this is basically access to the old 'Classic User Accounts'.

2} Add 'All Tasks' - i know it is on other options within MRP but this is 'slightly' different.

3} Add 'Manage User Accounts' this is the same as 'Classic User Accounts' but could not find the wording in the lookup tables so used a different way to describe it.

All the above *should* auto translate to the native OS Language along with any tool tips. Also they will only be available until M$ remove the Control Panel as we know it.

- Removed the 'Insert MSDM Early' option as it became unreliable and in some instances the OS would 'forget' it was activated using that option.

+ Updated the MSDM Table/Key detection routine so it is a lot more efficient in its operation, before certain CoreXXXXXX editions could be ignored and the MSDM key which was OK for 'Core' would not be inserted, or it was inserted for the wrong Edition. Also if the MSDM Key's Edition matched the installed OS Edition it would be inserted even if the key was NOT for that OS, such as installing Win 8.1 Pro and the MSDM key was for Win 10 Pro, it would not activate but would still attempt to. The routine will now check if the OS and Edition are OK, if not then the key will not be applied to prevent problems such as possible Edition switching or any false insertions.

+ Quite a few re-wordings on most of the log{s} output which should make reading easier if the user needs to translate into their Language to read them.

+ Updated the Creator v33.0 to include the above new options and also to remove the 'Insert MSDM Early' option, MRP will now ignore that option's parameter even if it is in the 'MRPConfig.ini' file from a previous version, once the new .ini is saved in v33.0 the option will no longer be present/shown.

+ Slight change to the wording for the original Win8.x/10 option:
    'Reboot To Advance Boot Menu' this will now be called 'Advanced Recovery Tools' and should now auto-translate into the native OS Language. For now it cannot be added to Vista/7 as it does not always 'switch' to the correct WinRE environment, once that can be fixed it will hopefully then become a 'General all OS' option.

The Query Tool v108.0 will be next to be released over the next couple of days. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  7. MARKZ1ON

MARKZ1ON MDL Junior Member

May 22, 2020
    @Enthousiast what script did you use for that? Is it a project I can download here? I am looking for NTlite replacement for managing tweaks in ISO. Thanks,

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    This project does not edit/touch any ISO image, all user tweaks selected will be done during the OOBE install phase{s}, no Windows 'feature' is removed as such, only a few safe Apps, in fact very few options/tweaks remove any system files, those that are not reversible or do touch some system files are mentioned in the Creator's tool tips when the mouse is hovered over the options, some are color coded, the tool-tips will explain more, or when clicked/ticked a pop up appears.

The projects concept is explained in the first post and within the actual downloadable archive. Basically it was originally designed to OEM brand the installation, like if it was from Asus, Dell etc, then later SLIC activation and finally MSDM ways was added. MSDM and HWID is handled externally via Microsoft's activation servers and nothing to do with the project.

Tweaks etc are selected via the MRPCreator program and any user selected are then processed during Setup/Oobe stage{s}. They are not separate, all the tweaks can be found on the internet or via MDL's various sub-forums/threads, i just combined them into a easy selectable format for use with this project.

At some point i may create a standalone tweaker but as there are several already available it is not a priority at this time and i doubt i would add much to the table anyway.

I have tried to explain everything as much as possible in the first post and the readme files within the MRP archive, feel free to ask any questions and we will try to help where we can. :)

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  10. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hi,
    I'm back with some tests with Windows 10 pro.
    All works like a charm with latest Virtualbox version ! I just added generic key in PID.txt file and now no more error message, and all tweaks are correctly applied, with or without internet connexion.
    I'll do an other test with max options enabled and report log file.
    Just a suggestion : can you add the tweak enabling small icons taskbar, usefull when you have a netbook.
    Tweak is :
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "TaskbarSmallIcons"=dword:00000001
    Thanks and congratulations for your hard work !

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6175 mxman2k, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    (OP)
    Happy it all works :)

As we cant test on all types of computer, although it is quite extensive to a degree as i have a lot of parts etc about, anything noted will be either addressed asap or notes added to mention a specific problem, such as HP/Compaq on the QT not liking some memory routines so they are skipped to prevent false info or crashes.

The small taskbar icons was a option i tested when i very first made the creator but i removed that one before i released the first version as i thought no one would use it... I can re-add it as a general OS one as it should work for all 'Vista->10' installs. :)

*edit* Added the option again. :)

14. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    #6176 Carlos Detweiller, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    I run with "Small Taskbar Icons", always (useful to resemble XP/Vista behavior in conjunction with the "Group if the taskbar is full." setting). Personally, I found the default "Icon tile" view of Win7 and higher to be a step back.

15. Erick Contreras

Erick Contreras MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2019
    Hola muy buen dia tengo una duda como puedo hacer para que su proyecto me aplique informacion oem y logos sin necesidad del tema por default espero su respuesta

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6179 mxman2k, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    (OP)
    The Windows 'default' theme is only used if no OEM data can be found within the BIOS/DMI and if you not use the custom theme selection to force a specific one.

The basic operation of the project will auto theme the device you install it on if DMI information can be obtained when the project is processing.

Everything is explained in the read-me files and the first post. Sorry it they not translate clearly, maybe someone can help with that side.

I not have much time today to explain everything as i have NHS exams to do which will take majority of the day.

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Updated my previous post to hopefully be clearer. :)