Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    H Series Optimized and Compressed :D:D:D

Attached Files:

• H.7z
      File size:
      120.8 KB
      Views:
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  4. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    G Series Optimized and Compressed :D:D:D

Attached Files:

• G.7z
      File size:
      46.4 KB
      Views:
  5. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    F Series Optimized and Compressed :D:D:D

Attached Files:

• F.7z
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
  6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Something i am testing out, looking promising...

MRP v132 TC1:
    Code:
    [RSSAS] Remove all the possible 'Safe' Apps from the OS, but *NOT* the Store, Calculator, Paint3D, Phone or XBox. This will also set the 'Prevent Store Apps from auto-updating' MRP Option.
    [RSSAS] Removed: 3DBuilder,3DViewer,Facebook,FeedBackHub,Messaging,Communication,NetFlix,Office,Skype,SoundRecorder,Twitter,Wallet,Zune,CandyCrush,Farmville,Minecraft,RoyalRevolt,SolitaireCollection,Maps,People,GetStarted. 
    As it says MRP will not remove the Store, Phone, Calculator or Paint3D (Yet!).

The Store and XBox related Apps are not removed because they can cause major problems later on.

It does remove all the apps listed plus SkypeApp, News and Get Help - maybe some other non essential ones as well...

I did not remove the Phone or Calculator Apps as some people use them and so i left those alone.

There are a few left over tiles on the Start Menu, such as Edge, (i not uninstall that as during oobe stage it does very odd things!), there is a folder/tile thing called Play - i gather that is a left over from the game apps removed, also a few of those odd down arrow tiles which i have no idea how to remove those.

If you use the 'MRP Slim Start-Menu and TaskBar' option as well then it all looks tidier as you not see any of those left over tiles :)

Will see how things progress over the next few days...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Code:

echo --- Set Motherboard Company and Model in My Computer Properties
    SETLOCAL
    FOR /F "tokens=3* delims= " %%i in ('reg query HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS /v BaseBoardManufacturer') DO (SET BaseBoardManufacturer=%%i %%j)
    FOR /F "tokens=3* delims= " %%i in ('reg query HKLM\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS /v BaseBoardProduct') DO (SET BaseBoardProduct=%%i %%j)
    ECHO Manufacturer="%BaseBoardManufacturer%"
    ECHO Product="%BaseBoardProduct%"
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /t REG_SZ /v Manufacturer /d "%BaseBoardManufacturer%" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation" /t REG_SZ /v Model /d "%BaseBoardProduct%" /f

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Old news :p

Mrp does same thing, you do no checking if any values are present or have valid characters.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6649 mxman2k, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    (OP)
    Added remove 'bing related' and 'spotify' to the list of the w10 removable app options.

Plus a few others now added to the 'remove all safe apps' one. Will list the ones that option removes once more testing has been done. There are quite a few!

Hopefully the user can reinstall any later if required.

I know most users use other tools to remove apps, mrp's method is pure powershell commands and any app already removed then the routine skips them and carries on to any next in the queue.

The Dism method is way too time consuming, plus there is a high risk of loops or crashes during oobe stages, so i avoided that method.

The remove all option will add about 30 or more seconds to the oobe install time just before the user is created this is also depending on speed of the computer.

Testing continues...

10. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    E Series Optimized and Compressed :D:D:D

Attached Files:

• E.7z
      File size:
      118.9 KB
      Views:
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  12. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Added last two app removals:
    Paint3D & Photos.

Test install ok so far.

Only thing is a few orphaned blank tiles that have those down arrows on, however they are only on the large start menu not on the slim one.

If you use the slim menu option as well then the large side is not shown and clear of any tiles.

Will post a list of all apps that can/will be removed if the 'remove all safe apps' is used.

14. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  15. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  16. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    @mxman2k

Dang bro your slacking...the excitement is too much. lol Just messing with ya brother. ;)
    Cant wait to try it out on my desktop since my warranty is over. I am ready to redo my system with MRP. :)
    Good job as always brother. M$ keeping you on your toes. lol

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    They sure do!

You 'think' you got something sorted and they move the goal posts again.

Have had a few crashes in this lot of mrp 132 test stages, only thing is i not know how to remove those orphaned tiles of the uninstalled apps via scripting, at least the selected apps are gone. Easy enough to unpin them manually.

Have put the beta branding tool on hold so can get this release sorted. It is fully operative as it is.

Also managed to do a bit on the qt, updated the gui display program and hopefully the graphics info vbscript so it show the , or . denominator correctly on non latin based languages.

Typing this on my phone while on a break at work, awkward to type long replies.

Taken me 10+ mins to type this and 6 of those was spent fixing spelling lol

18. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 132 is at TC5 stage...

Log Snippet:
    Code:
    [RSSAS] Remove all the possible 'Safe' Apps from the OS, but *NOT* the Store, Calculator, Snip, Camera, Sticky Notes, Phone or XBox. This will also set the 'Prevent Store Apps from auto-updating' MRP Option.
    [NSAAU] {**} Prevent any UWP/Store Apps from automatically updating. This Option was enabled by: [NOADV], [RSSAS]  
    If the 'Remove All 'Safe' Apps' option is used you will see that new [RSSAS] info line, when it is not in use and the user selects anything from the list of removable Apps then they will be shown as before in the log.

TC4 i made the mistake of altering a switch logic variable and no apps was removed even though it was selected! :facepalm:

I'm sure i mentioned that the main script is very sensitive. :D