Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    D Series Optimized and Compressed :D:D:D

Attached Files:

• D.7z
      File size:
      56.6 KB
      Views:
  2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    hello @I30 any way to have them all in one shot ? shared link for example. Thanks :)

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6663 mxman2k, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    (OP)
    Here is the W10 Apps now removed by the options in MRP v132 when released in early December 2020, there are quite a few as i mentioned before...

List of the Apps removable by options:
    3D Builder, 3D Viewer, FaceBook, FeedBack Hub (not removed on Insider builds), Messaging/Commnunications, NetFlix, Office Hub and OneNote - [ This does not remove the Online Office Tiles on the Start Menu - use the 'Clean/Slim Start Menu' option(s) to clear those ], Skype, Sound Recorder, Twitter, MicroSoft Wallet, Zune (Music and Video), Candy Crush games, Farmville, MineCraft, Royal Revolt, Solitaire Collection, MicroSoft Maps, People, Getting Started, All Bing related Apps, Spotify, Paint3D and Photos.

The other Apps also removed when the "Remove all 'safe' Apps" option is used:

All the above listed and then these:
    Advertising, Get Help, Network Speed Test, News, Sway, Lens, OneConnect, Remote Desktop App, Alarms, Eclipse, ActiPro, Adobe PhotoShop Express App, AutoDesk, DuoLingo App, Pandora, Asphalt, Disney, March Of Empires, Wunderlist, Flipboard, CBSPreview?, DrawBoardPDF, MicroSoft ToDo's, Whiteboard, PPIProjection and Mixed Reality.

The above additional listing is using general names and by using wildcards anything *like* that name will also be gone!

Note: The Store, Snip, Phone, Camera, Calculator and XBox Apps are NOT removed. Also remember that any new CU/Build update may add new Apps not on the above lists.

Also added a new option to hide the Skype's 'Meet Now' icon from the System Tray (Experimental) - you cannot uninstall it and only hide it at present. This seems only on 20H2+ but the option should also hide it on lower builds should it be present.

When the remove Skype , (or the remove all safe apps), option(s) are used then the hide 'Meet Now' will be performed too.

I cannot guarantee that any removed Apps will get reinstalled on a CU/Build update but in tests they was not reinstalled on a later CU... If they do then m$ has gone against their own Deprovised AppX package system, but there again when do they follow the rules? :D

I very much doubt i will be adding any other Apps to the above list(s) this time round as I think that has covered quite a lot, at least now the routine is in place to remove any new ones added in future builds etc. :)

Remember when using any remove App or more so with the "Remove all 'Safe' Apps" option(s) that it *will* add some extra time to the oobe stage before the username etc is created. The amount of time depends on how fast the computer is and the amount of Apps being removed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    Hey man i will put all of these in one place as soon as i complete all of the brands compression. If you need immediately please let me know and i will try my best to put all of these at one place asap

5. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    @I30 ok take the time you need and keep up the good job. I'll wait. Thanks for sharing. :)

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Getting closer for v132 release :)

Last few bits to tidy up or tweak if needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6669 mxman2k, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    (OP)
    Odd on my tests i only saw store, edge and a few empty down arrow tiles :g:

Although my tests was done with no network connected.

I guess it depends on any cu added etc too.

I do know technically some apps can be awkward to remove, like the contentdelivery one which mrp does not touch as i tried a force removal and the os locked up solid!

I see the apps removed, just some tiles might not be gone.

On tests, a wu update the removed apps didnt come back, will have to see how things go, on some languages some apps may be different so not all those will be removed.

At least the majority will be gone , any left over tiles can be manually unpinned.

Also any new user added later the apps should not re-appear , but ms may sneak some back.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The arrows were there, but after a reboot all were working tiles.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hmm i will check the 2nd part of the routine.

Seems very sensitive.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Tc7a uses my old method for the 2nd part which it does not use the new wildcard part which may not act same for appx.

I wish ms's documentation explained things clearer :(

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    It may have to wait until monday for me to have time to sort it, as busy until then.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6674 mxman2k, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    (OP)
    Well found a bit of time this morning and updated to TC8... Tweaked the AppX removal - it should be more efficent and slightly faster as i now check if a flag was set to indicate the app was removed already.

My Start menu looks like:
    Mystartmenu-offline-during-install.jpg - Click for larger picture.

The only difference i think is that the pc was not connected to the net during installation and then when connected online after desktop appeared i tried to click those down arrow ones and nothing happens, no app appears or attempts to download etc...

The picture above is when the test pc was online later, (activated too - i checked :D), i had clicked those tiles with the arrow things on and nothing at all happened, tried several times and after many minutes still nothing changed.

So for the best effect is to not be connected to the internet during installation, as i think that what is happening is that some apps/tiles probably get auto installed with later versions, so somewhere in the OS is a list of pre-installed apps that will get auto updated, or reinstalled if missing, when the pc is online during oobe.

I can't find any way to prevent that via the appx method used, as said before i will not use the DISM way during oobe stages as it is very risky and may cause lockups or crashes.

Simply use other tools to remove any app from the WIM image, if you wish, but note any removed by dism may return later, the mrp routine will skip past any app selected if not found on the system.

13. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    C Series Optimized and Compressed :D:D:D

Attached Files:

• C.7z
      File size:
      104.8 KB
      Views:
  14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  15. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    integrated tiles and app are really a nightmare and M$ might have give us the possibility to select them or not at installation phase, as it was the case in previous old OS. As edge or internet explorer and other features. This is my point of view, and I'm sure a lot of users here agree withe me. :)

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Not much i can do about the re-installation of tiles/apps if the pc was online during install as it seems like the OS will shovel them back on if missing - it must set some flag... :g:

Well it is what it is and time not on my side at moment to spend more hours trying to fix something that may not be fixable using the AppX method(s). :(

I did try to put the app removal routines to the AddOn Manager part but that took so long to complete and a few other glitches happened as some of the other option tweaks was not set correctly, so that idea is out for now.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Best is to use the slim start menu option too and later pin stuff you want manually.