Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6681 mxman2k, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    (OP)
    Very true, seems the ideal method for cleanest results because the removed apps are not present in the slim start menu so no empty down arrow links to apps to click on in that to initialize any download of a missing app etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    There is no option for that, only a check for a file called usertweaks.cmd which is called just before the desktop appears.

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6684 mxman2k, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    (OP)
    Depends when you wish to runonce your commands etc.

It gets complicated to explain as i am using my phone to type which is awkward.

**** Edit added a new post below that hopefully helps... ****

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    @George King,

I tried to read the website on the linked info last night when i was at work, but on a phone with a small screen it is too small for me to see.

I am at home now at the moment and have managed to read the website now to see what you meant. :)

Simply rename your 'oobe.cmd' , (or what name it is) , to something else, for example 'Oobe2.cmd' and in the 'oobe.cmd' file of MRP add a line that calls your 'oobe2.cmd' at the end...

Just make sure your script(s) do not delete the Scripts folder at the end as MRP could malfunction as it requires that folder to be present to continue its processing etc.

MRP will clean up the Scripts folder, so hopefully all your apps etc will have all been processed by the time the project begins the clean-up stage..

Example snippet of edited MRP's 'Oobe.Cmd' :
    Code:

REM Your script renamed as needed.
    CALL "%~dp0Oobe2.cmd"

:: DO NOT DELETE BELOW THIS LINE
    :CLOSE
    DEL /F /Q "%0%" >nul

When the systems reboot is done after this stage your 'RegOnceEx' commands will then be processed on the next Windows setup phase.

Obviously if you are installing Office or other large applications it will take time to do those, depending on how fast the computer is etc.

If that method not work, you can PM me, if you wish, and we can work out how to make your setup run as required for your specific needs. :)

6. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    I'm renaming your OOBE.cmd to OEM.cmd and calling in at the end of my OOBE.cmd sequence. This part is clear and works as expected.
    But when is executed RunOnceEx, your activation script is launched at background and blue MRP window is visible. I want to specify when is launched this process.
    Is there any chance to provide your project without decompile.exe? Eq in decompiled state so I can have a look when are crucial part launched and modify it for my purpose. I remember this project was in past in "decompiled state". We can continue over PM :)

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    We can chat in pm as it saves cluttering the thread.

Alrhough as im at work i will reply as i can if that ok.

The project was altered by the guardian to be all within one exe. I just kept it the same way when i took over, makes it easier as it just one exe which extracts what it needs.

There is several parts within the project itself, so to have it all extracted would look a mess, hence why i still compile it.

I can explain more in pm :)

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Taking a small break from MRP coding and working on the next Query Tool (QT) v111.0 :)

MRP is almost complete, just final checks etc, but wanted a change of focus and get the next QT sorted as it been a month or two since the last one.

Have so far updated the GUI Display program, hopefully better font use on WIn8.x computers. Plus a little tweak to the code in general.

Hopefully fixed a small cosmetic glitch when using the VBscript routine for detecting the graphics information, not 100% sure that will fix the issue of the wrong symbol being shown for the full stop or comma used as the denominator. VBScript is a bit unforgiving on some parts, if it still not show properly i will revert to the WMIC routine only, very much the same results anyway.

Tests continue...

9. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Wow you found time to take a break? lol Good for you. Your always working hard at keeping up with M$. You give them a challenge. lol Hope you are doing well my friend. Stay healthy and be safe.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Small break in my case is a couple of days, but im always still working on other parts. :D

Ms likes to move goal posts, so i move the field, may take a while but usually can find ways. :p

I work at local hospitals so being safe can be a challenge, although the area i work in i not in much contact with anyone.

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    According to the location of server rooms, you might rather catch a cold than CVD19. :cool:

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    A constant 4 deg cels roughly , almost cold enough to freeze parts of your anatomy off!

At one hospital the other side of the coridoor is a morgue... :eek:

Luckily it not in use as far as i can tell...

Odd thing is i not had a cold yet, i did have covid19 late february, which i thought was a wierd cold. Only knew i had it was months later when tested for antibodies etc when first started this job.

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Keeps the old chap in pristine condition, frozen :D:D

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Cheeky f@$$er :p :D

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Mrp 132 is at rc2 stage, taken a little longer than expected as been busy with other commitments, but it is on track for early next week now.

Just final testing then finish the change log.

Qt 111 is also close too, although still a little left to do on that.

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Now at rc3 stage for mrp v132, had a small glitch with the project log being split into two parts, main header and the rest of the data lines, so have fixed that.

All being well on target for a monday release. :)

18. l30

l30 GFX Wizard

Apr 14, 2014
    I am so sorry, i was suppose to complete the compression and optimization of the sources but because of family emergency i couldn't. I will post other remaining sources in couple of days. Remember me in your prayers :(:(:(