Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    No need to rush, i can delay adding them this time.

If anyone wants the new oem set it can be made available when done before the next project release.

Thanks for letting us know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As i got a bit more time tomorrow i will get mrp v132 released :)

Remember if you use the remove all safe apps option it will take longer to complete the stage before the part where the user oobe stuff starts such as entering the username, set network etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    this is the most beautiful project i have ever seen

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Think it the only one still updated as most others i have seen are very old.

5. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    don't like anymore?

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I meant that this oem project is still actively being updated.

7. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    :) nice to hear that

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v132 has been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ Added a new 'General' OS option:
    Show SuperHidden folders and files. This should show ALL hidden files on your OS, but it also depends if some have special permissions etc. Use this option wisely as you could cause more problems if you delete some needed files.

+ Added 'W10 {2}' Option:
    Hide Skype's 'Meet Now' icon on the System Tray. This will also be hidden when the remove Skype App or the 'Remove all safe Apps' option(s) are used. It cannot be uninstalled only hidden at this time.

+ Added more 'W10Apps' removal options:
    1) Microsoft Maps.
    2) People.
    3) Getting Started.
    4) All Bing related. - News, Finance, Money, Weather etc.
    5) Spotify.
    6) Paint3D.
    7) Photos.

+ On 'W10Apps' Tab also added 'Remove all possible 'Safe' Apps' option which will hopefully remove as many non essential Apps as possible.

List of the Apps removable by options:
    3D Builder, 3D Viewer, FaceBook, FeedBack Hub (not removed on Insider builds), Messaging/Commnunications, NetFlix, Office Hub and OneNote - [ This does not remove the Online Office Tiles on the Start Menu - use the 'Clean/Slim Start Menu' option(s) to clear those ], Skype, Sound Recorder, Twitter, MicroSoft Wallet, Zune (Music and Video), Candy Crush games, Farmville, MineCraft, Royal Revolt, Solitaire Collection, MicroSoft Maps, People, Getting Started, All Bing related Apps, Spotify, Paint3D and Photos.

The other Apps also removed when the 'Remove all safe apps' option is used :

All the above listed and these:
    Advertising, Get Help, Network Speed Test, News, Sway, Lens, OneConnect, Remote Desktop App, Alarms, Eclipse, ActiPro, Adobe PhotoShop Express App, AutoDesk, DuoLingo App, Pandora, Asphalt, Disney, March Of Empires, Wunderlist, Flipboard, CBSPreview?, DrawBoardPDF, MicroSoft ToDo's, Whiteboard, PPIProjection and Mixed Reality.

Notes:
    a) Mixed Reality can sometimes refuse to be uninstalled, it depends if something is set as 'Staged' prior to attempting to remove it, other Apps may also act in the same way.

b) If the device is not connected to the internet during installation it allows the majority to be uninstalled cleanly.

c) If any App listed is already removed by other methods then the routine will skip those missing.

The above lists are general names and by using wildcards anything *like* that name will also be gone!

Note: The Store, Snip, Phone, Camera, Calculator or XBox Apps are NOT removed. Also remember that any new CU/Build update/upgrade may add new Apps/Games not on the above lists.

+ The Creator program has been updated with the above options and had some slight changes to wording on a few of the tool tips.

Remember if you use the 'Remove All Safe Apps' option it will take a bit longer to get to the User Oobe stage where you enter the username, select network etc. How long it takes depends on the computer's CPU and storage device.

9. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    @I30 Have you any link now for all your OEM packs ? Thanks

10. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Results : all went ok see pics below

upload_2020-12-10_14-8-26.png
    upload_2020-12-10_14-8-57.png
    upload_2020-12-10_14-9-32.png

upload_2020-12-10_14-9-56.png
    upload_2020-12-10_14-10-17.png

:)

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query tool v111 is at rc3 stage.

Have added extra click2run office information, if it is present.

Tweaked the vbscript for graphics info as mentioned in a previous post. Although it may still show incorrect characters on some languages, so for release i may just use the wmic method as that is unicode compliant, plus it gives same basic info.

Release could be early next week.

12. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hi,
    Congratulations for your work !
    I finally found after all these monthes the reason why some settings weren't applied correctly !
    It was due to my setupcomplete.cmd file used for silent programs installation : the problem was that MRP processes continued to launch before the end of the script, so the different settings normally applied during last phase weren't, such as "hide hidden folders" one. My setupcomplete.cmd file has no delete command at its end, but 2 programs weren't fully quiet since they were installed in passive mode, ie abbodi's VisualCppRedist with /y switch (progress bar and windows shown) and not in quiet mode (no progress bars) : MRP was continuing before the end of their installation, so it seems there were some conflicts.
    Have you an explanation why MRP doesn't wait for the end of this script ? Here is my file.
    I've made a test putting the script in UserTweaks.cmd file (Abbodi's VisualCppRedist in fully silent mode with /ai switch, and the other one in last position), and all is OK.

upload_2020-12-10_21-3-11.png

Attached Files:

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Setupcomplete is run via the os/setup at same time as the addon manager, ie 2nd part of mrp.

There will be a option to not clear the scripts folder upon mrp completion, so any user scripts etc can run, it is then up to the user to clear the scripts folder at the end of their scripts.

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6716 mxman2k, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    (OP)
    Using that option will tell mrp to leave the scripts folder alone, the project will still run at same time as setupcomplete or firstlogon scripts but will not delete the folder's contents or the folder itself, even after a reboot cycle..

It is more for advanced users hence why it not mentioned yet.

Mrp will still clear its own files etc and leave any user added stuff in the scripts folder alone.

Will explain more another time. :)

The project is expanding and will have other features mentioned soon.... ;)

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I can guess that fade in/out gimmick will get boring after a while and i will be asked for a option/tweak to stop it if there is no easy gui way to turn it off.. :D:D

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6720 mxman2k, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    (OP)
    Query Tool v111 is at RC 4 :)

The new C2R info seems to be operative. :D

Example Output (snippet):
    Code:
    C2R Release ID{s}          : ProPlus2019Volume
    C2R Client Version         : 16.0.13426.20270
    C2R Client Culture         : en-US
    C2R Pipeline Server Name   : ClickToRun_Pipeline16
    C2R Audience Data          : ProductionCC
    C2R Version                : 16.0.13426.20332
    C2R Updates Enabled        : True
    C2R Update Channel Changed : False
    Note the two listed 'versions'. -- They are named as they internally classed within the registry, one or both will probably change when any office updates are applied.

Also I have adjusted the 'Graphics Card' routine, so that if any non Latin based languages are detected, it will switch to the WMIC method, otherwise, it will attempt the vB Script first.

Thanks to @Enthousiast for testing RC4 with Office for me.