Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Afaik, is the base install.
    Changes when office updates.

2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Click To Run is all new to me, as i noticed a lot seem to be using it, i thought i might as well add some info about it in the office section of the QT.

The info may be of use to some. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6723 mxman2k, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    (OP)
    As i mentioned in a previous post that the next MRP will have a option to not clear the scripts folder upon MRP's completion, (even after a reboot cycle).

The default setting will be to clean the Scripts folder as it is at present.

a) Select/Tick the option = Leave Scripts folder alone. The end user needs to tidy up that folder manually or via their own scripts.

b) Not Selected/Not Ticked = Default delete the Scripts folder and contents.

Also added a 'RunMRPSilently' option, this will tell MRP to not show any information screens, however some external scripts/programs may still show their own info screens. For example UserTweaks.cmd and WinTel.cmd scripts will show their info screens as they are user edited and any errors or problems need to be seen and acted upon to prevent OS installation failure.

This option when selected will take a slightly longer time for the project to complete but only by a few seconds.

There may be a Move Log option added to move the Project's log(s) to the '\Windows\Logs' folder upon completion.

Other options are a possibility too, they are in testing and are operative at the present time but they are for advanced users..

Thanks to @George King for the help and testing those other advanced 'features' :)

More details to follow once all outstanding tests completed...

I did say MRP is expanding into other areas... ;) :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v111 is now at RC7 stage, almost completed!

A few bits done that will be listed in the summary/changelog but this is something i just added, i will try to keep the names up to date as m$ create them...

Added: Ferrum/Iron (fe), Colbolt (Co), Manganese (Mn) and a few other ones so far. :)

Code:

Internal Build Number      : 15063
    Internal Code Name         : Redstone
    Build Branch Reference     : rs2_release

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Due to work commitments have had to postpone the qt 111 release until monday 21st dec.

It is 99.9% completed now.

The graphics card info will use the vbs method on latin based languages, for others , (or if the vbs way fails), then the original wmic method will be used instead.

Both basically gives same information, wmic is more unicode compliant than vbscript in this case.

6. if i use fully autounattend xml file created via windowsafg with win10 iso as source why MRPconfig OOBE cmd is ignored.
    its there in Setup/Scripts but doesnt create any log nor does it work.
    but
    if i remove AutoUnattend xml file from ISO then MRPConfig OOBE cmd work like a charm.

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As using (auto)unattend xml is not part of the project i cannot help with any questions about it.

I'm sure those that have used those XML's can help as i know that some users of MRP have used them, (i think), successfully together.

8. Thanks a lot :)

9. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Sorry I don't understand what is your problem.
    I checked my .xml file, there is nothing special is in specialize-generalize-OOBE sections. Just 3 things :
    - check that serial number is the same as the PID.txt or the serial key stored in your motherboard
    - check if <UILanguageFallback></UILanguageFallback> is "en-US", even if you are using an other language,
    - check if Control Panel settings are the same as the ones selected with MRP configurator.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v111.0 has been uploaded, 2nd post download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ When checking the Graphics card data the QT will check for non Latin based Languages and adjust to use the WMIC {w} method only as it is more Unicode compliant than the VBscript {v} method. The Vbs method will be used for Latin based Languages unless there is some problem in which the QT will switch to the WMIC method instead. Both routines give the same basic information so the important data returned should be sufficient, either method used cannot read more than 4096Mib VRam so they will say something like '4,096 MiB or above' in those scenarios if the VRam amount is greater than or equal to 4 GiB.

+ Added more Office 'ClickToRun' {C2R} information, if present.

+ For the Windows Scripting Host {WSH} this now shows if the 'DisplayLogo' registry entry has been changed to '0' ,{Disabled}, so that no logo/banner info is show at the top when a script such as VBscript or Script is used etc. This will also show if it is just for the current user or all users. Majority of the time it will be shown as either 'Enabled' or 'Not Defined' depending on which of the OS's default system is used.

+ Various code adjustments and spellings sorted.

11. #6737 Deleted member 1385001, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2020
    del:sorry:

12. Javac75

Javac75 MDL Junior Member

Mar 16, 2015