Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 134 and QT 112 are on course for release tomorrow :)

Today is final testing time and to make sure nothing crashes like on the previous 133!

However in some scenarios things can go a bit weird and i'am unable to foresee that happening, should be rare now as quite a lot of error checking is in place but alas scripting can be very fussy with its structure.

Sorting change logs etc today as well. If nothing major happens then the projects will be released tomorrow morning GMT. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6906 mxman2k, Feb 5, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    (OP)
    As promised the latest MRP and QT have been released!

A bumper bundle - not had one of those for a while. :D

MRPv134.0 and QueryToolv112.0 have been uploaded, the 2nd post's download links, passwords and hashes have been updated.

+ Separated the Bing Apps into individual options along with a 'remove all' option that will remove ALL Bing Related apps including any new ones under that banner.

+ Added a log entry that shows the estimated time taken for removal of any selected Apps, this can vary from a few seconds to many minutes depending on the amount of the removal options used and CPU/RAM/Drive speeds. Expect with older and slower components/devices that it can take a while to remove a lot of Apps!

+ Updated the 'Memory Type/Design' routine for Vista/7 kernels so it detects the DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4 types better, others are handled by the old WMIC routine and may not always show. With VM's and problem brands like HP/Compaq some memory items are not shown to prevent false results.

+ The MRPConfigCreator has been updated with the new options listed above, also the 'App Removal' information has been moved to its own 'Button' at the bottom of the Creator's window. This frees up a lot of space for any new App removal options, note that the button will only show in 'Advanced/Administrator' mode.

+ Added a time marker to the project's log filenames - was a odd request but easy to do.

+ Added a new OEM 'Colorful' branding which can be selected via the Creator's custom theme or when detected via the normal operation of MRP via DMI checks. This brings the total of brands that can be used/detected to over 145!

+ Various little code adjustments to help speed up certain processes and to prevent crashes on older OS's, also a few re-wording/spelling fixes too.

As several things have been adjusted/fixed over the past month or two not all information on what has been done is listed this time.

+ Fixed a crash on certain hardware under Vista/7 Kernels when detecting the Graphics adaptor, was rare but it has now been sorted.

+ Updated the routine on Vista/7 Kernels which detects the RAM Type such as DDR etc. If the new routine cannot determine the results exactly it will then revert to the older WMIC detection. Some results are not shown for VM's and other problem brands like HP/Compaq to prevent false results.

+ Various code changes has been made to help speed up processing and the odd spelling mistake was fixed too.
    ++ The QT should also detect the new 'Colorful' OEM brand via DMI checks. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  7. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    #6909 KleineZiege, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021

Attached Files:

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    It shouldnt alter anything within office as there is no code to touch any office package.

Only the qt does anything with office and that is read registry and file info only, it does not alter anything.

9. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    For me, it doesn't matter with any image whether LTSC, Pro etc ...
    As soon as I leave out MRP, the correct build is displayed, but I still have HWID and Online KMS from MAS_1.4 with me, I'm just testing Only MRP now

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The method of activation could also change something, also any office updates installed during setup if online when office is integrated or installed via setupcomplete etc.

Nothing in mrp needs to touch office, the only bit that remotely looks at office is the officehub app removal, but as you not used any config ini that side would not of been used.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It seems that last night around 3am western european time they updated office c2r files:

2.18 am i generated this: 16.0.13628.20274_x86_nl-NL_Monthly_curl.bat
    when i installed it by setupcomplete around 3am i ran office update and it updated to this:
    16.0.13628.20380_x86_nl-NL_Monthly_curl.bat (generated new download and got a new version offered).

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  13. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    Do that with your image without MRP, and please see what comes out.

I took the image this morning around 6am
    It only happens when I include MRP

Attached Files:

14. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    it looks good here
    But thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    its all down to timing, mrp takes a bit of time to complete, during that time office gets its updates - if device connected to net, so files change etc , so your office version changes.

17. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    i don't have the office in the oem folder the image is syspreped.
    It doesn't matter either, I've just left out MRP.
    Thank you anyway