Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  3. haris_mdlf69

haris_mdlf69 MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2018
    I guess 6 likes on @mxman2k last post is more than enough to include the advanced option in its upcoming build:)

P.S. I'm a big fan of your Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3, I used it everytime whenever I clean installed Windows OS together with unattend.xml script, no issue so far.
    Stay safe, stay warm...❤️

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I do try to add something useful for each release. But m$ like to change things just as i got something sorted to then have to re do it at the last moment.

This possible new w10 option is going through many tests, powershell isnt one of my favorite scripting languages so is a learning experience. Even the versions of PS is not always backward/forward friendly in this specific option which is taking my time to work around.

As time is ticking away closer to March and my workload is busy at present it all puts pressure to get things done, if i cant get this option sorted then i will not include it just yet, would rather have a stable release than a unstable one again!

Well time to head back to work, my short tea break is over so quick.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #6946 mxman2k, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    (OP)
    Have added the Advanced 'Remove ALL Apps' option into the next MRP v135 and the Creator v40, note it has tooltips and a msgbox pop up when selected, make sure you read it and understand that there is NO revert script to use later if you realize you made a mistake when selecting this option!!

The option now works as it should, after a few weird results in that it not even run the routine's PS comands/script, good job really as i found a bug in the script that would remove EVERYTHING and i mean every APP - including the Store, Search/Cortana - the whole lot and the OS would react with odd effects such as Action Centre/Start Menu glitches, even PC Settings would not function...

So now that routine is sorted and so far no weird effects, certain Apps are left alone and some can be removed later via the Settings>Apps GUI if required such as XBox, Edge (Chromium one), Web Image Extensions, FeedBackHub (so any Insider build can be used and no glitches) and Calculator - if you not wish to use those - all other Apps are gone.

Certain 'System' Apps was left alone so that later Drivers/Games can be installed/run hopefully with no problems, but i cannot guarantee that when you use this new removal ALL App option that will be the case in all scenarios.

New users created later should also have those Apps removed as have also done the 'AppxProvisionedPackage' removal too.

Use this option with caution - think before you blindly click away!

The option will auto disable all other App removal options within MRP to help speed up removals and not need to do things twice.

Remember even 'Your Phone', Hello, Mixed Reality, Camera etc is gone when this option is used so some login methods may fail to operate.

A progress window should appear showing the App removal progress via P/Shell, unless you have silent mode option in use, but as P/Shell is not under normal batch scripting control that info window may still show while it is processing the App removals... Ignore any odd errors in RED in the P/Shell info bit as some Apps may not be present in your OS Edition/Language.

It is experimental and cannot guarantee it will work on every Window 10 build/edition as it depends on the internal kernel stuff, but im sure it will remove quite a lot regardless.

Below RS2 the routine will auto disable as the P/Shell version may not have the required commands such as the '-AllUsers' parameter, so for best results anything after RS2 should get the majority of Apps removed.

6. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    you can add new 'ONDA' OEM brand into the next Oem's ,
    How to edit setupcomplete.cmd to run Registry(.reg)

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Can't find any website for that brand, also cannot find any DMI info about it either at present, so cannot add it, sorry.

Only sort of reference is a ONDA Android Tablet which would not run MRP anyway.

As for adding/running .reg files via setupcomplete.cmd :

Code:
    REGEDIT /S "%Windir%\Setup\Scripts\MyRegFile.reg >nul 2>&1
    Add that line into your SetupComplete script file, place the .reg file in the 'Scripts' folder next to SetupComplete.cmd.

Change the name in green to your .reg file's name.

8. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Can't make it work

9. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Is it possible to add a general OEM

10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Whats general OEM?

11. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    I don't know how to say "通用" in English

12. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Only one OEM for all computers

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Well you can use the Creator and set the brand you want to always use from the list and MRP will just use that one, or select Custom in the list and you can edit the files within the Custom brand folder that is inside the oem's.7z file.

It is all explained in the read me's.

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As for the .reg files not working then either there is an error in your .reg file or you not alter the name in the example i gave to match your reg's file name.

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    通用 = 'Universal' -- l think would be a better term :) ;)

16. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Question: Would it be possible to make branding optional? Currently, when I'm integrating MRP into the ISO, branding is always applied (it's all or nothing). However, there are situations where I do not want it. So, maybe it's possible to have it ask somewhere in Setup if I want branding or not. :oops:

17. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes, that's the "all or nothing I meant". Leaving the 7z out means not to install any branding at all. But I want it only sometimes and on other occasions, I don't want it.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Then use the option to use the default windows theme.

That will be the same as removing the 7z when not wanted, same amount of work as setting it by the ini:D