Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Have uploaded the OEM Branding Tool (With AutoIT source code) this is version 2.5 - 2nd post download link, password and hashes updated. :)

Hope whoever decides to run with this makes a better job of it than me :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The next QT (v113) will attempt to set a Defender exclusion path for the QT's work folder when run on Windows 10, if it detects that it been already set then it will skip past that bit and carry on.

So if Defender gives you grief when running the QT just exit the QT after the Exclusion bit been done and re-run the QT.

Fingers crossed it will prevent Defender flapping about.

This is only on Windows 10 the routine is skipped otherwise.

Will see how testing goes if this will be part of the QT as it depends if Defender has not changed how it sets those paths!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    how to add {bcdedit.exe /store ?(esp):\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} novesa on} to OOBE

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Sorry cant help with bcdedit entries as it not anything i deal with and would not be part of mrp either, as it is something if entered wrong could cripple the drive's file table etc.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    With the qt it seems defender is still being awkward and still nabs files even when the entries are added to the exclusion paths.

Testing continues...

6. yescn

yescn MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    How to add it, before the computer restarts for the first time

7. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  8. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    For the next MRP v135, that is almost ready for release, some last minute refinements have been done, plus another new 'General OS' option has been added! :D

The option is to add 'Run as administrator' for .ps1 (Powershell) scripts to the right-click context menu so any .ps1 script can be run as admin simply by right clicking :)

Was a bit fiddly to get it to work as intended as those that know, when adding certain registry entries, that some characters need to be 'escaped' such as a quote mark " with a \ , i forgot that and some odd things was happening during tests! :D

Other bits of code has been tweaked a bit plus a few rewords here and there in the log entries.

Edited the 'remove all apps' internal PS script so that the 'Camera' App is not removed now as some of you use that to log in with judging by some feed back i have had, you can uninstall it manually if you not want it.

Also if a Insider/Preview Build is installed then it should auto adjust so that the 'Feedback Hub' App is not removed otherwise it will be removed by default now when that new option is used.

MRP 135 is at BC 4 stage and due to delays because of work commitments it should be ready for release for Monday 8th March.

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    QT: VL key management does generally not show anything, anymore. Previous versions did, and nothing regarding VL changed on the systems, in the meantime.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Nothing has changed in the code used, it may be that wmic has had something changed in the later OS builds?

I am still working on the next QT's code too, and will take another look at that section.

13. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Strange, report from the old 111 tool showed:
    Code:
    Licensing Channel {RCode}  : VL_KMSClient  {0x00000000}
    License Status Reason      : Valid key for product's licensing channel was used for activation.

Windows VL Key Management  : VL_KMSClient
    Remaining Time Allowance   : 177 days / 256200 minutes
    Activation Interval Time   : 0 days / 120 minutes
    Renewal Interval Time      : 7 days / 10080 minutes

Now, the 112 tool shows:
    Code:
    Licensing Channel {RCode}  : VL_KMSClient  {0x00000000}
    License Status Reason      : Valid key for product's licensing channel was used for activation.

Windows VL Key Management  : Not in use.

Could you post the wmic queries responsible for this, for testing manually?

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I just looked at that section, nothing has been changed, however i have removed the /Locale part now from those wmic lines in that section, but i doubt that would be the issue as that been in since v98.0 of the QT :g:

I am investigating as i type....

15. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Thus why I wanted to test the raw queries, maybe MS has done something?

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    This is the method used in the QT, it should set the variables as yes/no depending on if the findstr finds the word or not :)
    Code:

WMIC path SoftwareLicensingProduct where (Description like '%%KMSCLIENT%%') get Name >nul 2>&1 | FindStr /i "Windows" >nul 2>&1 && ( set "KMSPermitted=Yes" ) || ( set "KMSPermitted=No" )
    WMIC path SoftwareLicensingProduct where (Description like '%%KMSCLIENT%%' and PartialProductKey is not NULL) get Name >nul 2>&1 | FindStr /i "Windows" >nul 2>&1 && ( set "VLKInstalled=Yes" ) ||  ( set "VLKInstalled=No" )
    SET "KMSisUsed="
    WMIC path SoftwareLicensingProduct where (Description like '%%KMSCLIENT%%' and LicenseStatus='1') get Name >nul 2>&1 | FindStr /i "Windows" >nul 2>&1 && ( set "KMSInstalled=Yes" & SET "KMSisUsed=Yes" ) || ( set "KMSInstalled=No" & SET "NoShowMAKInfo=1" & SET "KMSisUsed=No" )

Before it was WMIC /locale:ms_409 PATH ...blah blah i have just removed the /locale parts.

17. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    Output of the WMIC queries (raw, without the checking part):

Code:
    C:\UserProgramFiles\QueryTool>wmic path SoftwareLicensingProduct where (Description like '%KMSCLIENT%') get Name
    Name
    Windows(R) 7, Client-ESU-Year3 add-on for Enterprise,EnterpriseE,EnterpriseN,Professional,ProfessionalE,ProfessionalN,Ultimate,UltimateE,UltimateN
    Windows(R) 7, Client-ESU-Year1 add-on for Enterprise,EnterpriseE,EnterpriseN,Professional,ProfessionalE,ProfessionalN,Ultimate,UltimateE,UltimateN
    Windows(R) 7, Professional edition
    Windows(R) 7, Client-ESU-Year2 add-on for Enterprise,EnterpriseE,EnterpriseN,Professional,ProfessionalE,ProfessionalN,Ultimate,UltimateE,UltimateN
    Code:
    C:\UserProgramFiles\QueryTool>WMIC path SoftwareLicensingProduct where (Description like '%%KMSCLIENT%%' and PartialProductKey is not NULL) get Name
    Name
    Code:
    C:\UserProgramFiles\QueryTool>WMIC path SoftwareLicensingProduct where (Description like '%%KMSCLIENT%%' and LicenseStatus='1') get Name
    Name

18. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hmm so it not that /locale part causing the issue :g: - as basically that is the only change in code i can see :g:

19. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    The other OS I checked so far are Windows 10 Core (glitched KMS with 45days) and the Win10 IP dev build 21322.1000. All did show "Not in use".

Wish I had retained the 111 tool.