Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    At least it saw the original 8.x, then the subsequent win 10's :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  3. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The options that take the most time to complete are the ones that remove any Apps, each one selected takes about 2 to 5 seconds to remove them.

The options to 'remove all apps', takes over a minute depending on the device the OS is being installed.

Blame PowerShell for the slowness on the App removals. :p

With 20Hx there seems to be some slow down outside of MRP that happens, so i cannot do anything about that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v136 now at bc1, on course for monday release. :)

Added another w10 option, 'show libraries on navigation pane' .

QT v114 also on last stage too.

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v136.0 and Query Tool v114.0 have been uploaded, 2nd post's relevant download links, passwords and hashes have all been updated. :)

+ New options added:

General:
    1} Use 'Full windows drag' - Show contents while dragging and not just the outer framework.

2} Ignore 'Model Name' - ideal for cloner's to prevent 'Model Name' conflicts when restoring the image to other hardware. Using this option will override and not use any DMI/BasePro data or user entered naming.

W10 Only:
    1} Use File Explorer's classic 'Compact' spacing mode for Build 21337 and later.

2} Show 'Libraries' folder on the Navigation Pane. Useful when 'Hide Quick View' option is used so that you have easy access to your Libraries.

W10-Apps:
    1} Added 'Screen Snip' to the internal list of *not* to remove apps when using either of the 'Remove All Apps' option{s}.

+ Other Internals:
    1} Fixed Release ID to show 20H1, 20H2 etc correctly. For Insider/Preview Builds it may show 'Dev' etc for the new Insider references.

2} Adjusted code to show all info screens regardless if Silent mode used when installing any Server OS's.

3} Clean-Up module will now always show, it is only shown for a few seconds, this prevents some errors occurring when it was run 'silent' before.

4} Various updates to log entries (spelling etc)

+ MRPConfigCreator has been updated with the above options.

+ Added a fix for the ReleaseID/Display version for later Windows 10 Builds such as 20Hx/21Hx etc. Will show both, only if they are available to show. On some Insider/Preview OS's it may show Dev etc for the short Display Version.

+ Added 'OS Media Boot Installation' line that will show if the OS was a 'Clean' or a 'Upgraded' installation. Upgrade could mean from a previous OS ie 7 to 10 OR Build to Build,. Due to code complications the routine has been set to show only the previous/last upgrade. This is only information as it could be subject to user editing.

+ Fixed a issue that sometimes the 'VL/KMS Capable/Permitted' result was set as 'No' when it should of been 'Yes.

+ Various internal code tweaks to improve results.

7. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  8. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  9. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dec 27, 2012
  10. James D

James D MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2011
    Sorry if it's dumb question but I tried to search and search gave error due to small amount of letters. My question is about DOS. Can I run QUERY TOOL in DOS to see if UEFI contains proper MDL?

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No, it can only run on windows (not on winpe either).

12. James D

James D MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2011
    Appreciate for reply!
    Also could you please tell me on which stage I will know if MRP found in HP Omen UEFI legit code for 10 Pro or not? After installation in System properties or maybe some time during installation so if bad luck I could stop it and install Home version?

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When installing windows with MRP onboard it will show you a report on the system drive, this will tell you if activation was successful (windows itself will show you too).

You can run the QT on any running windows (7 and up) on that system and it will tell you if there is a msdm and for what sku it's meant.

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As mentioned the qt will query the bios to see if any msdm key is present snd show in the log which os and edition it is for.

Any win 8.x msdm key can be used on w10 too as long as it is for same edition.

A win 10 key will not work on a win 8.x os/edition as they are not backwards compatible.

Mrp will examine the bios for any msdm and insert the key only if it matches certain criteria, same edition and if ok for the os, if not it will mention in the project_xxxxx.log why it was not suitable etc.

I dont think it is possible to read the msdm key in pure dos as it is very limited, certainly not in v6.22 dos era the msdm stuff never existed so no code was available to access it.

15. @mxman2k Why does MRP set the ShowDriveLettersFirst registry value to 4? Is there a way his can be disabled? I can't find an option in MRPConfig.ini.

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7140 mxman2k, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    (OP)
    Will investigate the drive letter registry entry when i get home.

I think it is one of the very first options before the ini usage and the code line is still in mrp somewhere, but the default is 'on' instead of 'off'.

Also will give the registry code to revert the 'show the drive letter first' back to the os's default of 'off' for anyone that needs it.