Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Probably the m$ activation server being a knob :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v137 is at BC7 stage :)

Hoping for release soon, (before end of this week), just a last minute part to re-check. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v137.0 Baseline as been uploaded, 2nd post's download link, password and hashes updated. :)

+ Added a bit more information to log if the installation was a clean/fresh or upgraded.

+ Added 'Drive letter view' as a multi-selection option so you can have the drive letter before, after etc.

+ Added a new General OS option:
    1) Disable 'Toredo' IP Tunneling State. Research if this will affect your use of the internet etc. Seems to mainly affect XBox Live Chat etc...

+ Updated Insider/Preview detection routine, plus if detected some options within MRP will be auto disabled or adjusted to prevent odd effects in WU etc.

+ New Windows 10 Options:
    1) Show more copy details in the Copy dialog window.
    2) Expand the Explorer window's Ribbon Menu. A reboot or logout/in cycle needed to make it work.
    3) Disable 'News and Interests' Feeds.
    4) Disable majority of Feeds.
    5) Disable the 'First Logon Animation' after a OS Upgrade or CU, basically the window that appears when you upgraded the OS, it is to show about new stuff etc. This one may or may not work as intended as M$ may force the animation regardless.

+ Added two more new Win8.x/10 options:
    1) Hide 'Favorites' folder in the Navigation Pane.
    2) Hide 'Network' folder in the Navigation Pane.

+ Added new SLIC v2.6 detection for latest Server 202x activation, but as no OEM-SLP or Cert is available at present it cannot be activated via that method at this time.

+ Added a new Win 8.x ONLY option that hopefully will disable/prevent OneDrive. This is an advanced option and use with caution, as it not easy to revert it later. ** No revert script! **

+ Updated Creator to show the edited date/time (local format) to the version header.

+ Various code adjustments mainly for log output.

Query Tool v115.0 soon ready. :)

4. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7185 mxman2k, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    (OP)
    I'm amazed it even attempted to run. :D

It is possible It is stuck on Generic_2 or Generic_4 by the looks of it, a tool that reads the slic, msdm tables and other bios bits. Or one of my autoit compiled exe files.

The Generic tools was written in .Net i think and maybe they not ARM optimized, the AutoIT exe's i wrote have certainly not had ARM in mind and i not even sure if any EXE made by it can be run either on ARM. :g:

I doubt ARM processors/OS's was even considered when MRP or the QT was originally created years ago.

As i not have any windows ARM systems i never thought to try and add them.

I doubt i will personally re-write everything again, as I'm sure a lot of other commands and tools used will not run anyway.

I can give assistance where i can to someone wanting to write a ARM version but i think it will be a huge task in the end.

**EDIT**
    Have added a check now to see if a 'Unsupported' CPU is detected such as ARM etc.

The QT v115 will now inform and exit if such a unsupported CPU is detected.

MRP's decompile will be updated on the next version (v138) to exit if ARM/Unsupported CPU detected to prevent problems etc.

6. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    Alright. :)

BTW, I suppose not many changes will be required to fully support ARM64 because x86 emulation (x86 and x64, both on builds 21277 and later) works fine and only a few apps create issues that deal with drivers and such. Not saying to enable support for ARM64, but in case if you ever needed to test some things, let me know, will be happy to do that.

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    My time will be very limited this coming week as i am on an intensive course for the first week then a couple of days per week for the following 3 weeks.

At least at the end i will get some accreditation for the course work. :)

So the QT will be a bit delayed, although i will try to get it released by this Tuesday. It is mainly a interim release that addresses some small issues and to add more details where possible on some results.

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    QT114 works well, so, no reason to rush it.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The qt 115 is almost finished, made a few last minute changes and tweaks to the code.

As mentioned it is more of a interim update but it does have some noticable changes for the results in a few areas.

.net detection being one area that sometimes failed to find v3.x that hopefully been sorted by a new two check routine.

Eta -- by the weekend as then this first week of the intensive course iam on is over.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    How to insert @abbodi1406 script with MRP in $ OEM $ folder.

33.JPG

Just like this or ??

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    add a line into your setupcomplete.cmd to call the kms script:

Code:

CALL "%~dp0KMS_VL_ALL_AIO.cmd"

:)

13. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    @echo off
    call %~dp0KMS_VL_ALL_AIO.cmd /s /a
    cd \
    (goto) 2>nul&rd /s /q "%~dp0"

It is already written in the kms script

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As long as you have that CALL entry in the 'setupcomplete.cmd' and the 'KMS_VL_ALL_AIO.cmd' file in the scripts folder, 'setupcomplete.cmd' should pick it up and run the KMS emulator. :)

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The call line needs to be in the setupcomplete,cmd, how would kms_vl_aio.cmd be able to call itself?

16. As per my experience, you can add the contents of the Kms vl all $OEM$ to the MRP $OEM$ folder and everything gets executed properly.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009