Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v137.1 will be released soon probably within the next day or so, no new options added, only the Vista/Svr2008 OEM Activation fix, and the revised Win8.0/Svr2012R2 KMS detection routine to prevent issues with that side of things. :)

Also Query Tool v115.1 with the Win8.0/Svr2012R2 KMS Fix added.

The above two items will be in the same archive as it will be only the Decompile.exe and the QT's exe in there as no other files are affected for the respective projects.

NOTE: There is no need to swap the Decompile.exe from 137.0 to this new one unless you have issues with Vista/Svr2008, or are affected by the Win8.0 KMS detection not being correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Uploaded MRPv137.1 Baseline Refresh and Query Tool v115.1 - combined archive, the 3rd post has been updated with the download link, password and hashes.

No need to overwrite the current MRP v137.0's decompile.exe unless you are having issues as mentioned previously and within the change log.

Query Tool v115.1 just fixes the Windows 8.0 KMS data not always showing fully.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Have just started on mrp v138 :)

So far 4 new options are added for testing, one for 20h2+, the other 3 are mainly for server installations.

These have only just been added in and may not be in the next 138 baseline release as it depends if they operate as intended.

In theory they should but in the case of the server ones they need extensive testing as, those that know, servers can be quite fussy.

More details later.

4. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    @duddomilano

To use Daz's loader with MRP:

Copy the 'Windows Loader.exe' file to your Scripts folder in your ISO/USB/Image, then edit your setupcomplete.cmd as shown below in green:

Code:

@ECHO OFF
    FOR %%I IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST "%%I:\Updates\ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe" SET CDROM=%%I:
    if "%CDROM%"=="" goto end
    echo Installing NET Framework 4.8...
    start /w "" "%CDROM%\Updates\ndp48-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe" /q /norestart
    echo Installing NET Framework Rollup Update...
    copy /b /y "%CDROM%\Updates\msiesu32.dll" "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\msiesu.dll" >nul 2>&1
    copy /b /y "%CDROM%\Updates\msiesu64.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\msiesu.dll" >nul 2>&1
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msiexec.exe" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msiexec.exe" /v VerifierDlls /t REG_SZ /d msiesu.dll /f >nul
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msiexec.exe" /v GlobalFlag /t REG_DWORD /d 256 /f >nul
    net stop msiserver >nul 2>&1
    start /w "" "%CDROM%\Updates\ndp48-kb5001843-x64.exe" /q /norestart
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msiexec.exe" /f >nul 2>&1
    del /q /f "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\msiesu.dll" >nul 2>&1
    del /q /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\msiesu.dll" >nul 2>&1
    net stop msiserver >nul 2>&1
    echo Installing DirectX 9 June 2010...
    start /w "" "%CDROM%\Updates\DX9\DXSETUP.exe" /silent

:end
    IF Exist "%Windir%\Setup\Scripts\Windows Loader.exe" (
    "%Windir%\Setup\Scripts\Windows Loader.exe" /silent /preactivate
    )

MRP will clear up the scripts folder by default, unless you use the MRP option to 'Not delete the Scripts folder', then you can add the RD scripts line, as MRP will detect the Setupcomplete.cmd and adjust itself so that MRP files not get deleted until it fully completed the add-on manager part.

You can rename the loader's exe if you wish , if you do then simply adjust the filename part in the added area above. :)

Note you will see the Loader's banner while it is doing its thing, that is internal to the Loader's code and no option to prevent it showing.

7. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
    It makes sense .
    Thanks for the clarification.

keep it up¡
    :)

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v138 Test Candidate 4 is progressing nicely, at the moment there are 4 new options as mentioned previously and they are working as intended.

I have also done other bug fixing in that on some Server Editions the [Admin Tools -> Security and Maintenance/Action Center] option sometimes would not auto translate into the 'Security and Maintenance or Action Center' wording and just be called 'SecCtr' with a weird icon...

There are now three checks done to auto translate the option's text and if all fail then the default English wording of 'Security' will be used instead.

The auto translate feature will not be used if the user has added their own spelling/wording within the relevant [C/T Menus] section of the MRPConfigCreator.

Hopefully that is now fixed and it should also work on other OS's too, apart from Vista and Server 2008 because the command to run that control panel item does not function efficiently like it does on Win7 and above... So MRP will auto disable that specific option to prevent operational issues in that Kernel and will be noted in the Project's log.

There are other code adjustments for other sections within MRP and these are being tested to make sure they work as intended. More details later when i am happy the changes are actually better than the original methods.

Query Tool v116 is also in progress too, albeit at a slower pace.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hopefully fixed that now in MRP v138 TC5. :)

Also if a Server OS (Kernel 10.0) is detected then any App removal options will be set to No/Off to prevent those routines running through as no Apps are usually included in a Server OS...

If that scenario changes i will remove the auto disablement of App removals as it just saves a bit of time wasted running the removal routine(s) for no reason when a Server OS is detected.

10. luisfernando84

luisfernando84 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2012
    Hello. Is the project having any compatibility errors with Windows 7? I've already tried using it twice and the 2 times the project runs but doesn't apply any customization. Only the MRP_Project file is created with the following content:

Multi-OEM/Retail Project Version : CY21M05D12-R137.0.BL - BaseLine [MDL Forum ONLY]

The extracted OEM's folder structure appears correct.

Installed DotNet Framework{s} : v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727, v3.5
    Installed Powershell Versions : 1.0, 2.0

The $OEM$ folder is inside Sources in the Windows installation and the ei.cfg file is also.

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Not as i know of , there was a glitch with Vista/Svr2008 on MRP v136 but nothing affected win 7...

I sorted that for v137.

12. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    I have used it with Windows 7 and even Windows 7 E. It works.

The only Windows SKUs where I found it not to work are the mandatory OEM ones, like Windows 10 IoTEnterprise.

13. luisfernando84

luisfernando84 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2012
    The previous versions worked normally, when I tried to use this one, it didn't work, didn't apply the presets. Any solution or suggestion?

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Try v137.1 see if that works.

If not then use a previous version, or wait until v138.0 is released in this month.

15. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    I have tested the 137 live and in the Vmware
    Really good work

oh you know what i miss, removing sticky notes, and alarm Clock *g

16. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    A question about the entries in Defender under exclusions, do they have to remain or can I delete them?

Attached Files:

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    You can delete them if you wish no harm will be done.

The MRP-QT one just stops Defender from quarantining the files that the QT needs. :)

18. rhahgleuhargh

rhahgleuhargh MDL Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hi,
    Tested latest MRP with latest Windows 21H1 pro. All works pretty good. OEM Info in "Computer" context-menu still works.
    2 suggestions :
    - I wonder if it could be possible to add an option to get File explorer to display "list" by default as you did it for "details". And maybe the other options of display ?
    - Just for fun : can you export a lang.ini file for MRP configuration manager for those who want to translate into their own language. We could post here the different translations so you could add them.
    Thanks for your hard work that makes Windows installation easier.