Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7282 mxman2k, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    (OP)
    That maybe because of a bit of test code that sets the bypass registry entries for tpm and secureboot during early setup stage when w11 detected.

If it is causing the hard reboot i will remove the code or have a variable that can be used by the user to set or not set those reg entries within the oobe.cmd file so they can choose which they require.

That is the only thing i can think what may be causing it.

But if the hard reboot is not in the very early stage before the user oobe part i am unsure what it may be, as that the only bit added very early in the code. No reboot is called by mrp.

One good thing is that mrp did not crash and stop, so the mrp protection mode worked. :)

Project is almost done just need to see what is causing this reboot now.

As m$ not sorted all the internal code that indicates 11.0 , some entries in the mrp and query tool logs will say win 10 still. Not much i can do about that as that is at kernel level.

*edit*
    Removed the test code as it seems not to work as expected as setup.exe still detects (or not) the TPM missing. So you will need to use other methods to bypass TPM and SecureBoot...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Ramcheck is another lab test thing i seen, it is to bypass when usually a low ram amount would stop setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yeah, the fixed ISO upgraded fine but at clean install it blocked again, now applied the ramcheck into boot.wim and retrying:)

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Managed to get win11 installed on my test pc. Personally i not too keen on the gui changes.

I noticed when removing the selected apps there is a lot of empty tiles left. I guess that because of the new startmenu design.

But the selected apps are gone. :)

Another thing is the way context menus work, more clicks to show added ones.

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I cheated and just copied the win 11 install.wim into sources of a 20h1 iso/usb.

Its the setup.exe of win 11 i think checks stuff or a dll that it links to.

At least it let me install with no hassle.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yep, to send the reports to the usb i need to press "show more options" first to be able to see the option.

ps, after applying bypassramcheck to boot.wim 22000.51 nl-NL is installing, my tool needs an update, again:)

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I hope when it 'rtm' it detects if it not a tablet and opens up the ct menus as it so annoying as it is.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 138 BC10 will hopefully become baseline and released tomorrow, last minute checks and stuff, plus added another w11 option too which i am testing but that should be ok as manually entering the details into the registry work , it was just via a script that it failed but i found my code error -- a missing '&1' off a '>Nul' entry which eluded me for a hour or so!!

These gremlins are really upping their game and being super sneaky. :D:D

Quite a lot is in the change log for MRP 138 - i didn't realize i had done so much internal work this time.

Sorry for the delays so many things going on during that last month, back on track now. Plus it gave me more time to examine the entire code base and see where i can tweak bits and make things more efficient.

In some parts of the log you may see some items mention w10 instead of w11, they will get fixed when a more reliable and stable way to detect w11 is defined. Also the blank Start menu entries on the w11 start menu where your selected apps have been removed will be sorted at a later date, as awaiting to see what m$ do with the method(s)... However if you use the 'Slim' start menu option(s) then they are gone anyway like before (for now that is)...

Please note that some options may not work on windows 11, example the expanded ribbon as the UI has been changed, once w11 is more established i will adjust the code/options as required to be auto disabled. No harm will be done as the w11 kernel will just ignore the settings.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Something i am working on in the 'next' Config Creator... :)
    44-Concept1.JPG

The bottom two options are not added yet into MRP's code as just making a tab for Win 11 stuff. It does look a bit bare but hopefully as new things appear for tweaking the OS then i can add them into this new area.

Plus this is for the next MRP v139 release, i could add the options in now for v138 but it will take a few more days to get it all tested etc. If you would like these two added now, let me know. Either by a 'like' or a reply here.

I was going to release v138 today but as my time is limited, it will be tomorrow now - unless the majority wish the two options as shown in the concept picture above to be included this time round.

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Ok as i can see from my pm's etc that , the two new w11 options are wished to be added this time.

Wish granted... Code added to MRP 138 and testing as i type.

The option to Enable snap assist, was a typo it actually is 'Disable Snap Assist Flyout' , as it is on by default, have corrected that now.

Creator has been updated a bit more as i had a small glitch that on the w11 tab the buttons at the bottom did not work, only save... Fixed now.

So another small delay as these are fully tested and it may be another day or so before v138 is release now.

Should be worth the wait :)

I decided not to add the w11 Taskbar position (Right Side / Left Side / Top / Bottom) option due to the actions being buggy in the OS itself and so have left that out until such time if/when the kernel code is fixed...

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7296 mxman2k, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    (OP)
    Just sneaked in another w11 option that i am sure a lot will be using! :D ;)

To use the old style 'Classic' right-click context menus, instead of that extra annoying click way...

m$ could revoke its use later like most of the w11 tweaks available at the moment...

Hmm needs a bit of work as it sometimes works and other times not... :g:

A double-reboot seems to make it work, most odd!

14. ermota3000

ermota3000 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    When will version 138 be available?

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hoping to be Tuesday morning at latest (GMT} :)

16. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
  17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    That will be tuesday too, delay on that being released now is because of a small glitch which i think was defender nabbing a file again on a external test.

All my tests are ok but then i disable defender anyway.