Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Just sorted the Antivirus detection part and updated the above report :p

Once i get the QT sorted to some sort of degree i can copy most of the sections to MRP's code, but i know that going to be a bit harder than the QT :(

Insider detection will be just for the Dev builds for the moment, although i will do a simple check for Insider or Preview name...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Also note that the CPU section not say how many CPU's are present, but the 'Sockets/CPU's Present' bit will hopefully show how many are physically installed..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    QTv118 rc6 have added:
    Code:
    Capacity Data              : Total: 189 GiB, Free: 103 GiB 
    had done routine but forgot to show new variable results :oops:

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Have a bit more code tidying to do and testing as quite a lot of changes have had to be done. Did not realise how much use of wmic was used!

Have used vbscript as much as possible, the odd pshell lines where required.

Vbscript was used as it better for pre w10 os's as pshell can be fussy.

Once im happy with the rewrite the qt can be released.

Then the task of the mrp rewrite that will take a while as it is more complex due to all the error checks to prevent crashes during os installation.

Im guessing quite a lot of other tools will need fixing too that use wmic.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    The current MRP works well (except for 22483), so, no need to rush. You ain't MS, there's no deadline for belching half-developed beta-quality stuff out. Take your time. :)

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I am a workaholic , things have to be done or i forget. :D:D

A few more bits converted this morning, just testing the QT now, will post shortly - if it not crashed. :D

8. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    My statement was about MRP, which is more complex as the QT.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Once i am happy that the new non WMIC routines are working - which looks like they are :) , then i will start on the task of converting MRP code to use them.

As can be seen by the above QT tests all appears to be working, VM detection may be a bit hit and miss as there is two methods used, one was WMIC (gets ignored) and Registry queries which may not always be perfect results. But the user can see if a VM been used in other parts anyway so it no real loss. :D

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    @Carlos Detweiller PM sent with test QT as i know you have a VM usually ready to test stuff :p

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #02 CS Model Name : NA

Is one that is being a bit awkward as WMIC was so much easier, now i have to go hunting in the registry in more than one place to find a match if no two match then the NA is shown, will sort that next.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Ah SKU - will sort.

CPU :g: odd but will see if another way to find info can be used.

Wifi - that always been a pain :D

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    As the QT in test mode i have force set a variable to tell the script to ignore WMIC, it should use wmic when it is detected... So that should take care of old OS's.

15. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    It's an old Lappy that simply doesn't want to die. The WiFi is thus old as well (only 54 MBit/s).

16. Maybe this?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment\USERDOMAIN

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    sadly no use when in OOBE as HKCU is not defined at that early stage :( but is ok for the QT - if present in the OS, not all seem to have that area...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\BIOS
    A likely candidate :)

This?
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\DataStore\Machine\0\szName