Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

Also try this, seems pretty universal:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\ComputerName\ComputerName\ComputerName

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I will sort it...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. As for SKU value, i dont think it is stored directly in the registry, but the productpfn is, accessible here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DefaultProductKey2\OSProductPfn
    Then the pfn can be parsed like thisto get sku value:
    for /f "tokens=3 delims=." %%A in ("%_pfn%") do set "_skuval=%%A"

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    QT 118-RC8 , all appears to be operative, have re-enabled the WMIC checks, if present original routines operate, if no WMIC then new routines get used instead, some results may not show all in this mode but the majority of them do. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7525 mxman2k, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    (OP)
    QT 118 now at RC9 - almost done all the code changes. :)

Just a few more tests to do to make sure i not missed something, but majority of results should be the same, although a few bits may either not show when no WMIC has been found.

**EDIT**
    118 RC10 - Fixed MBR / UEFI / GPT Partition Type for C Drive. Was picking up and using the wrong variable that was for FS Type. :oops:

5. myvircandy

myvircandy MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2018
    Hi, the UWP application I installed with APPX cannot be opened. I want to know which components UWP depends on.

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Sorry cant help you with UWP Apps as that not what this thread is about.

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Query Tool v118 is now at RC11 stage - just about completed all the alternative routines and they been tested as much as can be done.

Once this out of testing and released i can migrate some of the alternative routines used into MRP v141, that will take a while so a October release is looking very slim but should all be done by end of the first week of November.

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I have about completed the code for v118 so i will put it on the 'to-do' list for v119 :)

Will have to read up on where the language list is stored.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Looking at the report i can see that English/en-US and sv-SE are present..

I think i remember i had problems with the language listing before and so the QT has what it has at this time. But i will see what i can do. My next task is get the MRP 141 up to standard for the non WMIC issue.

10. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Yea its present but I also have Chinese Taiwan installed (zh-tw) but that doesnt show at all beacuse Windows is fked up. I have to "block cleanup of preinstalled languages" using regkey and add en-us, sv-se, zh-tw using a powershell script to get it working, I bet thats the cheap way. I already have all necessary language files added to the *.wims but in Windows the asian language dissapears from the list

Set-WinUserLanguageList and New- Userlanguagelist -Language <code> is what I use I think.

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I know a bit of Chinese and Arabic from the time i worked as the IT manager at a language school, (2000-2016), managed to pick some bits up as i had to repair many of the student's laptops, was fun! :p

Will see if i can dig out my old scripts etc for the language detection and get something presentable - cant promise anything at this time but it certainly on the to-do list.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I think the Chinese language's 'hide' because they use special characters and as Unicode is so fussy it may be one reason why the OS ignores them when other languages are present in the OS, or it reaches some limit on how many can be available at any one time.

No idea, only a theory, but as we know Windows can screw up so easy and a fix that appears to be a '5 min fix' turns into a week of pain.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    What is the result of these reg queries?

Code:

reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile" /v "Languages"

reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile"

As not sure if that has a 'list' of languages installed, i only get one en-GB on my test.

14. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Windows 10 Laptop

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1288]
    (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\tcntad>reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile" /v "Languages"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile
    Languages REG_MULTI_SZ sv-SE

C:\Users\tcntad>reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile
    Languages REG_MULTI_SZ sv-SE
    ShowAutoCorrection REG_DWORD 0x1
    ShowTextPrediction REG_DWORD 0x1
    ShowCasing REG_DWORD 0x1
    ShowShiftLock REG_DWORD 0x1
    HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut REG_DWORD 0x1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile\sv-SE

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hmm i was hoping that the queries had a list of languages installed, seems like it only shows the 'current' one in use :(

16. wmic os get MUIlanguages
    shows all installed languages of lps and lxps, afaik

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Possible non WMIC version...

Code:

@echo off

echo Installed Languages:
    echo.
    for /f %%L in ('dir /ad /b "%SystemRoot%\System32\??-??"^|findstr /x "[a-z][a-z]-[a-z][a-z]"') do (
      if exist "%SystemRoot%\System32\%%L\ulib.dll.mui" echo %%L
    )

echo.
    pause

If works then can parse the output better.. :)

18. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    AFAIK, all LPs and partial LIPs have explorer.exe.mui
    and some of those have different id structure (i.e. sr-Latn-CS / prs-AF / ha-Latn-NG)
    so maybe ...
    Code:
    for /f %%L in ('dir /ad /b "%SystemRoot%\*-*" ^|findstr /r "[a-z]-[a-z]"') do (
      if exist "%SystemRoot%\%%L\explorer.exe.mui" echo %%L
    )