Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    It depends on how you removed it, and how you installed it? directly or using dism + oem license?

2. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    MSMG Toolkit o_O

3. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    I downloaded the package from your link and just double clicked it
    Screenshot 2022-01-29 205046.png

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If i understand how the msmg toolkit removes those 'features' is by either powershell or dism or a combination of both.

Not used the toolkit personally so im not familiar with how it works.

Mrp can disable/hide certain bits but any chosen app is only removed by powershell commands and not dism. The list of apps removed is shown on the mrp ini creator's apps tab. Most can be reinstalled if required by the store or by obtaining the required appx files.

Note that Defender when disabled by mrp does not remove it but makes it very difficult to make it active again, so it is wise to think if that is what is needed, as to revert the option is almost impossible!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The photo viewer as the default image viewer is set for win11 is working too. :D

If the important photo viewer dll file it uses is removed by ms at any future time, then the option will auto disable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 143 is progressing a bit slower than usual due to not having as much time to work on it, no new options added at the moment, but one or two old ones have been updated and other code updates done.

PhotoViewer option is the main one that been updated and is for Windows 10 and 11 only as previous OS's i think Photoviewer was default or could be set as default far easier than W10+ can be.

At T10 stage at moment as quite a bit of code has been moved, deleted or re-written to be as efficient as possible. All boring 'housekeeping' duties really. :D

Decompile.exe has had a makeover too, first time since 2016 - quite a lot of code was redundant, or was left in for testing, that never got taken out, it shaved off a few KiB's -- but those got added back with the code updates in the main project!

Query Tool has not been updated as such - only one part about the CPU Family which the database was not complete and so only the numeric value is shown now until i can get the D/Base filled.

7. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #7868 Dark Dinosaur, Feb 1, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    Query tool fail at 8% at here.
    CALL :FindMultiLangs
    Code:
    for /f %%L in ('dir /ad /b "%SystemRoot%\*-*" ^| findstr /r "[a-z]-[a-z]"') do (
        if exist "%SystemRoot%\%%L\explorer.exe.mui" set "LocaleName=!LocaleName!,%%L"
    )
    endlocal & SET "MMM=%LocaleName%"
    -- Here Script Fail --
    I can tell this work, but not in the for Loop, it do nothing :confused:
    Code:
    dir /ad /b "%SystemRoot%\*-*" ^| findstr /r "[a-z]-[a-z]"
    Console interface
    Code:
    CPU and Disk activity will spike during running, also some
    screen flickering may occur in the System Tray this is normal.

LOG save location reference: [DF]
    Checking for drive C:'s Bitlocker status...
    Checking for drive C:'s Encryption status...

Old Display Mode.
    OS Checking... {This can take a while}

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MRP_QT>setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MRP_QT>for /F %L in ('dir /ad /b "C:\WINDOWS\*-*" | findstr /r "[a-z]-[a-z]"') do (if exist "C:\WINDOWS\%L\explorer.exe.mui" set "LocaleName=!LocaleName!,%L" )

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MRP_QT>endlocal   & SET "MMM="
    > was unexpected at this time.

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MRP_QT>)>"sppwmi.vbs"

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MRP_QT>
    Suggestion fix [v4]
    Code:
    setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
    for /f %%L in ('dir /ad /b %SystemRoot%\*-*') do (
        if exist "%SystemRoot%\%%L\explorer.exe.mui" set "LocaleName=!LocaleName!,%%L"
    )
    endlocal & SET "MMM=%LocaleName%"
    if defined MMM for /f %%j in ("%MMM:~1%") do set "MMM=%%j"
    if defined MMM SET "MultiLangNames=%MMM%"
    exit /b

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Defender is mrp's nemesis:D

Chkvalid basically checks a string passed to it for invalid characters and either removes them or substitutes to one that not cause a crash.

Invalid Chars include ( l )^&£@? And a few others.

Plus as it is in autoit Defender and some av's throw its dummy out.

Not started on the qt yet as time is a bit tight at present.

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7871 mxman2k, Feb 2, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    (OP)
    Working on a method to filter invalid chars that not use AutoIT or PowerShell so it is compatible with all supported OS's...

That should prevent any AV from screwing up the projects. :)

So far it will allow a-Z and 0-9, _ , -, { }, [ ], any ( ) brackets are replaced with { } the '&' and '!' chars are removed.

Language's with umlauts, or special chars etc i will have to filter those when i get time.

Code:

' If nothing passed just return empty string, prevents errors.
    if WScript.Arguments.Count = 0 then wscript.quit

PassVar = Wscript.Arguments(0)
    wscript.echo CleanUp(Passvar)
    wscript.Quit

Function CleanUp (input)
          Dim objRegExp, outputStr
          Set objRegExp = New Regexp

objRegExp.IgnoreCase = True
          objRegExp.Global = True

objRegExp.Pattern = "[^a-zA-Z0-9{}\[\]\-\(\) \_]"
          outputStr = objRegExp.Replace(input, "")

objRegExp.Pattern = "\&\!+"
          outputStr = objRegExp.Replace(outputStr, "")

objRegExp.Pattern = "\(+"
          outputStr = objRegExp.Replace(outputStr, "{")

objRegExp.Pattern = "\)+"
          outputStr = objRegExp.Replace(outputStr, "}")

CleanUp = outputStr
    End Function

Save as filter.vbs or any filename.

Usage:

Cscript //nologo filter.vbs "your text or passed string variable to filter"

Returns:

The filtered string.

filter.vbs can be any filename.

Any help with this much appreciated.

Note: This is just a rough starting point so some parts may not be needed.

---------------
    Have edited the QT/MRP code to hopefully prevent the detection of 'Multi-Languages' from having issues...

10. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    when installing the OS directly from within extracted ISO files on the hard disk without using a usb drive to boot,
    I noticed no tweaks were applied from MRP,
    is that normal ?
    is there anyway to manually trigger the tweaks within the oem folder after installing the OS ?

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You're describing an (inplace/repair) upgrade, when installing from boot it will work.

12. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    actually it was not an upgrade it was a clean install, i booted into cmd from windows options during startup then i executed setup.exe

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Did mrp run and just any tweaks you had set via the mrpconfig.ini did not work/set?

As long as mrp ran and oobe mode detected all should run as normal, mrp works best via a clean install, but does run if you do an in place install too.

Odd times when in place being done branding or some theme elements not get set, think that more to do with if the os being overwritten has any errors that could cause a few issues.

Also i have had the rare occasion where some tweaks would not set but that was down to testing a 'edited' os that someone mentioned mrp not work on.

At present the tweaks set by the config maker are not usable outside of mrp. I have thought about a version that they could be used/set as a standalone but that is still on the back-burner until i have more time.

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    What i mean about os being in place upgraded having errors or issues is things like broken services or some file/registry permission locks etc.

Those issues as above can cause a install to fail or certain elements of the install not work as expected and not just affect mrp.

15. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    nothing done at all no branding no tweaks, i didn't see any mrp window appears after first startup
    yeah standalone tweaks will be perfect, or at least some cmd scripts
    something like context menu on this pc, disabling some services like indexing and superfetch, removing libraries folders from this pc, etc

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hmm im wondering if ms have done changes in the setup/oobe stage that prevents oobe.cmd/setupcomplete etc from running.

I know it used to up till 1909 w10 as that was last time i did a repair install for a pc.

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    When i get a bit of time i will get some scripts sorted for the most popular tweaks.

Many can be found or similar on mdl but they can be scattered all over.

There is a lot in mrp think close to 200 or more now in the ini creator.

Will see what i can do :)

Nothing in mrp is top secret or hidden/obscured. :D

Just easier in one simple exe than the multi part that it decompiles to that makes it all work. Hopefully :p

18. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I do try to avoid powershell as much as possible as it not always backward compatible with older os's so i tend to use vbscript for the more complex stuff where i can.