Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Original value was 0x0e0e0e, i accidently changed the value instead of the $TGreen color variable one and reverted it to 0x0c0c0c which was a bit darker.

Good job i had a back up .au3 file to check back what it originally was. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Done a bit of cosmetic work on the gui qt today, the tabs are more 3d when selected and on w8+ should look nicer and better aligned.

Also adjusted code to allow easy inserting extra tabs for the os info and misc tabs when needed. They not show at present as they not active until i need them.

Uploaded and updated post #3.

No other changes made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Proposal. Currently, QT GUI just tosses an error message and hard-quits if run on a resolution less than 1024x768. Could you change this, so it tells that the GUI won't fit, and ask if it should at least generate the two reports before quitting. So, while the GUI can't run, you'll get at least the reports (which needs no GUI).

Asking because my netbook has a resolution of 1024x600 and would benefit from this change.

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Done for next release :)

You will still get the msgbox saying the QT cant run at the resolution but it will do all the bits as normal then save the reports after it has run through the sections after you click OK button.

I had thought about that but was unsure how the GUI would react by not showing the actual GUI part as the queries are all done while the GUI is being created in the background with all the labels etc. I just set a variable and tell the AutoIT interpreter to not ShowGUI() at the end of the queries and then ignore the loop for context menu/exit etc that a GUI requires to function and just call the SaveReports part. This saved me from a total re-write of the queries, just by simply not showing the gui at the end.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9305 mxman2k, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    (OP)
    Also added the -saveonly command line parameter (note the '-' sign before it) that tells the GUI QT to just process the queries and then save the reports, you will still get some msg boxes appear for any errors or notifications etc , as this is primarily a GUI, so it's not fully command line only.

The GUI QT can be run from a Powershell/Terminal prompt but some results may show incorrectly due to how the internal routines are processed. If there is feedback that running the QT via Powershell/Terminal prompts causes issues i will prevent the GUI from being run via PowerShell/Terminal prompts, I'm hoping that wont need to be done.

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Uploaded .30 GUI QT and updated post #3 with new download link etc.

:)

7. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    No issue here running from Powershell 5.1

maybe the final pop-up notification is not necessary, the text files contain the warning :)

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9308 mxman2k, Nov 24, 2022
    (OP)
    See next post :)

T̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶v̶a̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶2̶-̶3̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶d̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶g̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶.̶
    ̶
    ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶.̶ ̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶.̶.̶.̶

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9309 mxman2k, Nov 24, 2022
    (OP)
    Sorted the final save pop up :D

In the progress box just after 100% completed, it shows 'Saving Reports...' then the reports will be autosaved to the desktop and the QT will exit.

This is for when the -saveonly parameter is used in a CMD or P/Shell window, and when the resolution is below 1024x768 and the GUI can't run.

Otherwise in normal use when the gui window shows with the results you will manually have to right-click and on the c/text menu select Save Report(s).

Autosaving when QT complete, (like the old QT does) ,is not done to prevent multiple saves by mistake.

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9310 mxman2k, Nov 24, 2022
    (OP)
    Uploaded .32 GUI QT - with new save part :)

Updated post #3 with new download link etc.

Re-uploaded due to a small glitch in the -saveonly routine in that it would enable debug mode by mistake, only the text lines relating to debug not the actual internal debug sections. :)

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP148 is at RC1 stage :)

A new option:

Add GPEdit to Home/Core editions of w10/11, this is experimental and uses DISM which can be risky with MRP, hopefully no issues... :)

The seconds on clock option as mentioned before has been re-enabled for latest w11 Insider/GA builds that m$ has added back that 'feature' - it will not work if the OS has not been updated to allow such action, but it should be ready when a CU is later pushed to WU...

Testing continues, all being well a short RC cycle and MRP can be released before this month has ended.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Just did a test on a Toshiba laptop (W11 Core) used the Add GPEdit option, it took a long long time well over a minute maybe two minutes to process the DISM parts - at least it not crash!! :D :D

Please remember that will take a while to process.

You should see the DISM progress shown as it working... MRP does check for if completed ok or errors of the DISM operations...

The GPEdit feature does work OK too, although i just had a quick play about in the GPEdit.msc - even set the updates to manual (notify before download), - seemed to work too!

This Tosh laptop is slow as it not even a Celeron CPU some sort of soldered on board Nxxxx version :g:

Has 8GB ddr3 ram , 1TB spinner HDD. But for a freebie i can t grumble, it does have a w8.1 Core MSDM in too :D

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9313 mxman2k, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    (OP)
    I opened the Tosh case, not even a CPU fan! just a heatsink / piece of metal bracket covering the cpu - i put new paste on and put it back on, there again it not get hot, just warm so i guessing it not much faster than a Atom cpu, it certainly is not a celeron as they a bit faster than this. :D

NoFanHeatsink.JPG

Doing another w11 core install - still taking ages :D not even at the oobe/username part yet, taken 25 mins so far zzzzzzzz :p

It is a Pentium :eek: N3540 @ 2.16Ghz (or does that mean a snails pace reference in this CPU) :g: :p

14. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The add gpedit for core editions will take a while to complete the dism commands on slow computers.

Mostly it will be farely quick on faster cpu etc.

Thanks to @Enthousiast for testing and letting me know it faster on decent equipment:)

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    In rc2 I forgot to show it in the enabled section in the first part of the log. :oops:

Plus fixed a spelling mistake.

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I felt like that when I saw my mistakes, added code in to show it but was looking at wrongly spelt variable :rolleyes:

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Good thing i know you and didn't start testing earlier tonight;):p:D

19. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Yeah that rc2 is consigned to history now :p

The option actually worked but shown just the 2nd entry in the log which looked a bit odd as the first part section for enabled I added to show the user that some options was detected and will be actioned on in the 2nd part of the installation when the user name and registry hive has been created then MRP can apply those tweaks/options.