Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9481 mxman2k, Dec 23, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    (OP)
    Well it seems the Toshiba L50 has issues as my test install of w8.1 Core/Home on my other test pc all works, the disk/partition info is all present!

Re-ran the GUI QT on core/home to save the logs as i closed the QT before i did the first time and the disk/partition data is gone again??

Going to install w8.1 Professional.... Works ok, shows disk/part data even after many re-runs!

Just seems Core/Home w8.x has issues :g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Confirmed that win 8.x Core/Home has issues with the partition/disk # in 'associated class' via WMI.

The Tosh that was on Home 8.1 failed to show any partition data. Upgraded via the 'anytime upgrade' and put a pro 8.1 key in, let it do its thing to upgrade, rebooted and Pro now the OS and the partition info appears.

So as i can't get any work around to show the extended info for disk drives on the Storage tab of the GUI QT for Windows 8.x Core/Home Editions then it will just state unable to define etc.

Another 6+ hours wasted :D :D

But it does show why it not working for that OS/Edition. Another thing that M$ got wrong about in its documentation!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I even tried PowerShell - nada same with VBScript (which is obvious really as WMI(c) calls is basically same!)

So even the much praised PShell is just as bad :D

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Uploaded latest GUI QT , post #3 updated with new download link and hashes. :)

For w8.x Core/Home (or any other possible OS/Editions it errors on) regarding the Disk/Partition # data being blank, it will now report that it is unable to define etc.

Updated Motherboard max memory to show the raw KB value as well as the GB one this is in keeping with the other ram values.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Tweaked Memory section to show amount of Slots used and free plus extended the 'Dimm information' lines to the first eight, the limit is so that it not over run the GUI output box, plus on VM's the amount is not set as usual so it could say 64 or more which would overload the result box.

The saved to log(s) Dimm info line has been edited to be as close to the GUI output version, this took a bit of creative thinking because of the carriage returns in the results. I think it looks neater on the logs now. :)

I could increase the limit from 8 to a max of 15 or 20 on the GUI side and more on the saved logs as i have a hard limit of 100 in the array, surely only servers could have more than 8 slots on a board?

Either way have limited the amount to 8 regardless, the 'Slots Fitted' will show the actual numeric amount returned from the query.

example memory log output:
    Code:
    ===================================================================================================================
                                              Memory Information                                                    
    ===================================================================================================================
    Total Physical                  : 16622312 KB (15.85 GB)
    Available Physical              : 13510728 KB (12.88 GB)
    Total Page Size                 : 17670888 KB (16.85 GB)
    Available Page Size             : 13485112 KB (12.86 GB)
    Total Virtual Size              : 4194176 KB (4 GB)
    Available Virtual               : 4009872 KB (3.82 GB)
    Memory Type                     : DDR4 {26}
    Memory Error Correction         : Non-ECC
    Memory Slots Fitted             : 2
    Memory Slots Used               : 2
    Memory Slots Free               : 0
    Motherboard's Max Memory        : 33554432 KB (32 GB}
    DIMM Information {First Eight}  : Controller0-ChannelA 8192MB @ 2133MHz
                                      Controller0-ChannelB 8192MB @ 2133MHz 
    Happy holidays, I will be taking a break for a day or so, (maybe not depends if bored of the TV repeats :D:D)

Will upload this update shortly.

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007

See previous post for changes etc.

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Added a few new colors to the GUI, nothing special but it does break up the dull grey :D

8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Also updated the RAM Type routine that i ended up writing myself, saves a .vbs being run as an external script :)

This all runs within the autoit GUI and is actually 1.2 seconds faster!! - plus it is several lines of code shorter too :p, may not be pretty but it gets the same result so that all that matters, tested on ddr, ddr2,ddr3 and ddr5, no idea about ddr5 yet as cant find any confirmation of its numeric type - i just guessed at 32 - easy to adjust when i find which value it is for ddr5.

Routine works on vista to w11 so all is good. :)

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9490 mxman2k, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    (OP)
    Hopefully updating the MRP's option from 'create a system restore point' to a extended version to configure, open system restore and create a restore point all off one context menu.

In testing as making sure the wording is translated correctly. Note the translations may not work on win 7...

Works in English so it technically should auto translate by the OS but want to make sure first before committing the code changes.

Update: Translates OK :)

10. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Also for the GUI QT plus next old QT/MRP i have hopefully established the correct numeric values for DDR5/LDDR5.

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Adding a new MRP v149 option for w11:

Add 'Permanently Delete" C/T menu item for files/folders that is missing from the W11's explorer like it used to be on previous OS's. It saves having to remember SHIFT+DEL.

Cant add into the explorer's shell so this is the next best thing. May be useful to some. :)

Hopefully it will be auto translated in to the OS's language.

Testing continues...:)

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007

Added a bit more color.

Updated DDR/RAM type detection to cover DDR5 types.

Added extra keyboard/input - this is only shown in the saved logs and not in the GUI - for the time being as need to shuffle code about which isn't as easy to do.

Added 'InSpectre' button on the Optional tab section as it easier to just run the program than to parse through the returned bitwise results as it not as simple like using cmd script way. Sometimes it not work properly on Win 11, not sure why.

Few slight changes to wording for the keyboard lines.

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Working on the GUI QT a bit more today :D

Added 'CPU Feature Set', this numeric value decodes to things like SSE, SSE2, MMX etc but i cannot parse it as it seems a very complex method, so i just show the returned value.

Slight update to colors to distinguish between the main title headers and the sub-headers.

Made GUI slightly larger (1000x720) to allow extra info later, this will be the max size so it still just fits into a 1024x768 resolution, anything below 1024x768 will cause the GUI QT to just auto save the logs and not show the full gui as before.

Will see about adding in the extra keyboard data into the GUI display, but as it is saved in the logs that not important at this time.

==============

Been working also on MRP v149, testing the new options added, all seems ok, had a few small glitches that i had to fix along the way as the main script is very sensitive to changes and had to adjust bits to get everything stable again!

Testing continues... :)

14. JanCerny

JanCerny MDL Senior Member

Sep 13, 2012

Attached Files:

15. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    With the past few days being busy for me and that i forgot to mention that i had uploaded GUI_QT_v0.10.5.00 the other day :oops:

Post #3 has the download link etc.

This is a small milestone hence the 5.00 marker.

My previous post details the changes etc. :)

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP 149 has been a trial by fire too, this is why it is delayed (nothing new there).

Been fixing a few code issues which not being a showstopper but certainly caused a lot of cursing and backtracking/reverting code.

Hopefully that has been sorted once and for all.

As win7 may not get an extension of m$ support or even windows 8.1 therefore i am also no longer updating the code sections for windows 7/8.1 with anything new, i will be only concentrating on w10/11.

Sorry but as there is basically nothing new to be done for those older OS's seems a waste of my time, so MRP 149 will be the legacy version for 7/8.x - version 150 and later will still have the w 7 options etc , but no new ones will be added, only present ones fixed if they need it.

Any new OEM brands will be added but that will be for oem theme side only - unless any additional SLICs/Certs are found i can add those in when required.

17. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    @mxman2k are you well and healthy?