Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    After much consideration i have decided to turn odd the option in MRP to disable defender, as m$ making it more and more awkward to turn the damn thing off i have just turned off that option in the creator (says no longer used).

The unlock defender option still works ok. Also the other defender options to remove ct menus, hide from systray and the smart app etc still are operative.

So from MRP 153 and Creator v57 the disable defender option is no longer operative and MRP will ignore that option if still in the ini file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    in that case ... I would suggest ...
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...the-windows-defender-service-on-demand.86948/

4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9986 mxman2k, Jun 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    (OP)
    Another reason was as a test i tried to revert the disable defender option... It caused major OS instability and it just refused to turn back on so i did a good job of shafting it in my code used :D

But as it was my main pc (the new one i just built up) that i did the test on i learnt my lesson not to try and revert that option :p

A full reinstall was required, but i wasnt 100% happy with the first installation anyway so was a excuse to reformat :p

This time i used unlock defender and installed eset. all registered ok and defender is actually now turned off properly...

Code:
    ===================================================================================================================
                                                 Security Information                                                 
    ===================================================================================================================
    Defender Tamper Protection      : Both Tamper and Cloud-delivered Protections are disabled
    Defender TProtection Exclusions : Disabled
    Defender Service Status         : Manual
    Defender Code Integrity Mode    : Disabled
    Defender Credential Guard       : Disabled
    Windows Firewall Service State  : Running {Reg: Auto}

Security Product Name{s}        : {If detected}
    ESET Security - Enabled and updated.
    Windows Defender - Disabled and updated.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I will leave it up to the user to find other methods to disable defender.

It was all ok until m$ decided to make it far harder to disable it.

6. haris_mdlf69

haris_mdlf69 MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2018
  7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    The new 'run as trusted installer' option will attempt to auto translate into:

Run as another user.

For other languages ,It should also have a new icon with TI in.

Its still work in progress.

It wil be for win1x only.

8. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    You successful run terminal as ti ... ? Via wt.exe ?
    Didn't succeeded until this days .. ;)

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    I know powershell opens as ti, as i not got turdminal on my install to test.

10. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Sometimes it open in regular console
    Depends on settings

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Hopefully it will run terminal as ti too.

Its a experimental option at the moment and if it not work as expected it may be removed before baseline.

The translations was a bit awkward and not perfect but it at least not in english for everyone.

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #9999 mxman2k, Jun 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    (OP)
    Run as different user (translated) and with the TI icon indicates what user it means. I hope :)

Also updated the wording and edited a better description in the Creator and gave more info what the option will/can do.

13. haris_mdlf69

haris_mdlf69 MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2018
    #10000 haris_mdlf69, Jun 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2023