Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Is this also a good option to use on non-oem systems? Like custom PCs you build

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes it is usefull, it will brand the install based on the mobo.

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP will parse the motherboard for brand information, such as Acer, HP etc.

So if you have a MSI board it will brand the OS MSI, (unless you use the custom options, then you can brand it to any one of the 132 available!).

Obviously it wont activate it unless you have added a SLIC to the bios in the case of Windows 7. Or use one of the activation solutions available on MDL (Loader/KMS).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I got confused because of this last line.

Do you mean it won't activate if I use custom options(like choosing acer instead of asus)

Or it won't activate on a custom-built PC no matter what?

Note: Yes I'll use it on Win7 and a brand new custom-PC, this will be the first OS I'll install, and I don't know what to do with so called SLIC

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It only activates windows if there is a valid slic (win7) or MSDM (win 8.x/10) inside the bios, it's not for piracy.

6. forthelulz

forthelulz MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2017
    #1466 forthelulz, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    How should I go about installing win7 on a new mobo and hdd? Non-oem

1- Install with untouched Win7 ISO and use daz loader?

I really dont like KMS solutions because they create scheduled task and services.

2- Would it be any better if I learn how to add SLIC to my BIOS and then use multi-oem retail project?

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #1467 mxman2k, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    (OP)
    An untouched iso would be the best idea then you know it not have any 'hidden' extras added. Which could be malware, spyware or even rootkits.

Using the Simplix update program would also keep you clear of telemetry that M$ have sneaked in.

If you wished to have a slic added to your motherboard, there is a BIOS mod section on MDL where you can request a slic to be added for your motherboard. You could even add one yourself via one of AndyP's tools also found on MDL. There is always a risk with flashing/editing a bios, but even with stock ones from the maker things could go wrong.

So if you not wish to add a slic then using the Loader would be the safest route for windows 7.

With a added SLIC then the MRP will brand and activate your windows 7 just like the OEM manufacturer would.

As mentioned before, using MRP would brand your computer but not OEM activate it if no SLIC is present, in which case install the loader after and your sorted.

Loader: CMS/MBR/Legacy mode set in bios as at present it not work with UEFI/GPT mode. Would only insert Key/Certificate and not the loader itself under UEFI mode. See loader threads for more details.

KMS: UEFI or Legacy Mode, Pro and Enterprise only i think can be activated with KMS. See KMS threads for more details on that side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. forthelulz

forthelulz MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2017
    Thanks buddy.

Now I'm looking for some motherboards compatible to 7th generation intel cpu's and also has driver support for windows 7.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Just one remark about the line: "I really dont like KMS solutions because they create scheduled task and services".

KMS_VL_ALL v17 by @abbodi1406 doesn't create tasks or services, even when you use the scripts with autorenewal.

10. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Pasted co link doesn't work for me.
    Catcpha is not shown, maybe it's about my browser. I tried disabling adblocker, no luck.
    Could someone give me one direct link to download and it's hash to check?

11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
  12. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    @mxman2k
    Thanks buddy, why the zip is named UnderTheSea...?

Your comment

In the case of installing Win7 to a new PC and using an untouched ISO, which is the ideal way to go?

1st Daz Loader
    2nd Simplix Update

Or the reverse?

Or wouldn't it matter?

13. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #1475 mxman2k, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    (OP)
    I just name them each release to hopefully not get a DCMA takedown, plus a bit of fun.

1) Installing: once you have the $Oem$ folder placed in the Sources folder of your ISO/USB.

2) Install your choice of 7 Edition.

3) Then once setup complete use Daz's loader to 'activate'.

4) Simplix program to update.

It not matter which order the last two are done.

Personally i like to have the OS activated before i do any driver/chipset installs, then updates (either by Simplix for 7, or via windows update for other OS's).

14. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    If the pc is custom built(Non-OEM) do you need this first step? Or just use the Win7 ISO you downloaded from microsoft?

15. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    If I delete the "OEM's.7z" file from $oem$ folder, I'll always get the motherboards default loading screen right?

16. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #1478 mxman2k, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    (OP)
    The $OEM$ folder from MRP will attempt branding of the OS, it not required if you just want the standard windows theme.

As mentioned on the first post the MRP will check your motherboard for any brand name such as Asus, Acer, MSI etc and hopefully put all the nice logos in etc.

So if your m/board is made by Asus MRP will use ASUS for branding, MSI = MSI, HP = HP etc etc.

Or just use the W7 ISO and install that which will not have any branding just the standard windows theme (aero i think). You would get the standard loading/welcome screen yes.

17. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If you delete the OEMs.7z then no branding would take place.

MRP is for branding the OS to be like the manufacture would do and if possible activate it as well.

If the oem's.7z is deleted, no branding would be done, but activation would be attempted and in your case fail activation because no slic present.

18. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016

Well the current PC I'm using is OEM, that's why I'm using this project for formatting. In the old version of this project(2016 The_Guardian) I removed OEM'z.7z folder and that DVD still works fine(I'm not getting not-geniune popups), the reason I removed it was to keep using my original OEM manufacturers logo on the first screen. It didn't affect activation though, so you might reconsider.

Note: My next PC will be non-OEM, and I'll just use daz loader then. that's why I asked some questions before and it led to confusion.