Must enter Network Credentials upon every login

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Phoenix, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I have an ASUS RT-AC68U router. I connected 2 HDDs to the USB and mapped them

The problem is, even though I did check save password, upon every restart I get a notification that the drives could not be connected until I double click on any of the 2 mapped drives, enter my password (username would already be there) then once I connect toe any of the drives the others also automatically are connected.

This happened to me in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Do note that my network connections, everytime I double click on my Router's icon (which is the network infrastructure I believe) I must re-enter the password again

any help please?

Running the latest firmware: 3.0.0.4.376_1663

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    It is normal that on reboot the credentials must be filled in again because of safety ! there wil be an answer soon but it is not realy recommended to disable safety functions that are build in the system :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I understand that's great for a work network but Im the only user at home I wanna access it without a password but connecting to the network infrastructure RT-AC68U always prompts me for the password.

I checked the credentials in Control Panel and my password is actually saved there. That's why I'm confused why it's asking for it upon every reboot

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I wonder if you could make some sort of net connect script like some guy was working on a while back.
    Perhaps a runas command?
    Hmm wonder if it uses that username:password@192.168.0.1 protocol or whatever...

Sorry that's all guesswork... have you tried a google search about automatically connecting usb hard drives with passworded routers?

5. Phoenix

Phoenix MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    #5 Phoenix, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Actually I did search on Google before posting here

I did exactly what you said which is created a batch file and put it on my startup folder but the networked drives don't seem to connect at startup:

Code:
    net use (P): \\(AC68U)\(Data) /user=(Jay) password=(password)

net use (B): \\(AC68U)\Backup) /user=(Jay) password=(password)