My Bios Shows Acer After Gateway DX4870 Bios Upgrade. Now, I Can't Activate Windows 8

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Reaccion, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Reaccion

Reaccion MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2014
    Hello guys. I currently own a DX4870 desktop with windows 8. The bios in my computer is now showing Acer Aspire M1935 instead of Gateway DX4870 after a Gateway website bios upgrade. I think that I installed the wrong bios. After the update, the computer is not showing a serial or tag number. anyways, everything was fine until my hard drive failed and I needed to reinstall Windows 8. I called Gateway but they could not take care of me without a serial number. The serial number in the chassis is unreadable scratched. I am stock on bios P01.A2. I need bios P11.B1 from Gateway which would allow me to install Windows 8 in my computer. When I try to install the P11.B1 bios, the computer says that the size of this bios is different than P01.A2. I installed the OEM Windows 8 but the software is now asking me for a serial number that I do not have. This is really frustrating. Please Help!!

Here are the bios:

Gateway BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) P11.B1 3.3MB 2014/04/03

Gateway BIOS - P01.A2 2.9MB 2013/05/14

2. Reaccion

Reaccion MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2014
    WWWOOOOWWW! I messed it up real bad now guys! I started playing with WinHex and damaged the bios! Now, the screen is just black/blank. I tried taking off the battery and all but nothing fixed the problem. I guess I will have to buy a new motherboard now!!! OMMMMMMGGGG!!